can I visit Australia on a tourist visa once i've lodged EOI for 189 visa and for how long

goggins

Heya! I am with a visa agent who has recently lodged my EOI for a 189/190 visa. I am hoping to visit friends next month on a tourist visa I am allowed to do this? Ideally i would like to do some travelling whilst i am there. Understand the tourist visa is for 3 months. Can i leave Australia and re-enter for another 3 months? whilst my EOI is lodged? This would allow me a decent amount of time to travel .. 

I have read about the possibility of a longer tourist visa but not sure if this is possible if there's an EOI lodged and therefore the chance i will be granted a permanent visa in the future

Appreciate any advice anyone can give to me 

Thanks

11 hours ago, goggins said:

Heya! I am with a visa agent who has recently lodged my EOI for a 189/190 visa. I am hoping to visit friends next month on a tourist visa I am allowed to do this? Ideally i would like to do some travelling whilst i am there. Understand the tourist visa is for 3 months. Can i leave Australia and re-enter for another 3 months? whilst my EOI is lodged? This would allow me a decent amount of time to travel .. 

I have read about the possibility of a longer tourist visa but not sure if this is possible if there's an EOI lodged and therefore the chance i will be granted a permanent visa in the future

Appreciate any advice anyone can give to me 

Thanks

Why not ask your agent? That is what they are there for. 

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Hi

I am.awiting my 189 Visa (lodged in December 2018) and am currently on holiday in Aus for 3 weeks... applied for my holiday Visa (sorry cant remember the code) and received it within 48hrs

Hi Burnsie 

Thanks for your reply that’s good to know! It looks like you’re further along the process than me. My EOI was lodged a few weeks ago but I’m still waiting for my boyfriends Australian tiling certificate which will give me an extra 5 points so at the moment I don’t stand much chance. We fly to Australia next month for an event so thinking we will stay 3 months (longer if permitted) and do a bit of travelling 

Thanks 

Holly 

2 hours ago, paulhand said:

Why not ask your agent? That is what they are there for. 

Thanks Paul I have asked my asked my agent but they can take up to 5 working days to reply and it’s a bank holiday here plus I thought it would be good to get involved on this forum 🙂

4 hours ago, goggins said:

Thanks Paul I have asked my asked my agent but they can take up to 5 working days to reply and it’s a bank holiday here plus I thought it would be good to get involved on this forum 🙂

I'd get a different agent, mine answers within 24 hours even on a weekend (and usually even quicker). When he is on holiday he lets you know in advance and so you don't expect a reply until he gets back, but even so you often do...

Having to wait 5 days for a general reply to an simple question from someone you are paying thousands to isn't acceptable in my opinion...

Edited by Ausvisitor

50 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I'd get a different agent, mine answers within 24 hours even on a weekend (and usually even quicker). When he is on holiday he lets you know in advance and so you don't expect a reply until he gets back, but even so you often do...

Having to wait 5 days for a general reply to an simple question from someone you are paying thousands to isn't acceptable in my opinion...

Thanks. I thought it seemed too long too and so I looked at the reviews for my agent and they were all 5* so I thought maybe it was just me being impatient and that was normal but now I know