Partner visa and sponsorship application? Is there two parts?

Hello everyone 

I’m a little confused after reading some posts. 

Very shortly me and my partner are about to apply for the visa 820/810 partner visa. 

I thought this was one application by paying the fee and slowing uploading the evidence till you was ready to submit. 

However, I’ve read a few posts about a sponsorship section to the partner visa? What is this and does anything have more information. 

Can anyone state the step by steps for the partner visa? 

thanks everyone ☺️ 

Yes, there are two parts. At the moment, you submit the visa application first and then the sponsor application. This is soon to change, at an unspecified time, so that you will need to get the sponsorship approved before you make the visa application. 

It seems to me that you would benefit from some professional advice. Any of the agents who post on this forum will be able to assist. 

18 hours ago, Meg7 said:

Hello everyone 

I’m a little confused after reading some posts. 

Very shortly me and my partner are about to apply for the visa 820/810 partner visa. 

I thought this was one application by paying the fee and slowing uploading the evidence till you was ready to submit. 

However, I’ve read a few posts about a sponsorship section to the partner visa? What is this and does anything have more information. 

Can anyone state the step by steps for the partner visa? 

thanks everyone ☺️ 

Your application is submitted when you pay the fee - you should then progress to submit the sponsor application straight away and then upload your evidence straight away.  Slowly uploading is risky as they may review and reject based on what is there - they have NO obligation to ask you for additional evidence.  Be ready to upload within a day or two.

On 19/04/2019 at 17:26, Jon the Hat said:

Your application is submitted when you pay the fee - you should then progress to submit the sponsor application straight away and then upload your evidence straight away.  Slowly uploading is risky as they may review and reject based on what is there - they have NO obligation to ask you for additional evidence.  Be ready to upload within a day or two.

How long roughly does it take if you have all the evidence prepared?

On 19/04/2019 at 08:39, paulhand said:

Yes, there are two parts. At the moment, you submit the visa application first and then the sponsor application. This is soon to change, at an unspecified time, so that you will need to get the sponsorship approved before you make the visa application. 

It seems to me that you would benefit from some professional advice. Any of the agents who post on this forum will be able to assist. 

Thank for replying.......I can't afford to pay an immigration agent unfortunately.

Just to clarify the sponsor application, being my partner? Do you know how long the sponsor application take to process?

10 hours ago, Meg7 said:

Thank for replying.......I can't afford to pay an immigration agent unfortunately.

Just to clarify the sponsor application, being my partner? Do you know how long the sponsor application take to process?

Yes, the Australian citizen must sponsor the applicant.

As the new system is not in place, we do not yet know how long the sponsorship approval will take. 

On 21/04/2019 at 21:14, Meg7 said:

How long roughly does it take if you have all the evidence prepared?

That’s a tricky question to answer as it depends on a huge amount of factors - have you created an Immi account yet and started looking at all the sections? You can look the whole way through the applicants part without submitting