A deer kills man and injures woman

Toots

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-17/deer-kills-man-and-critically-injuries-woman-near-wangaratta/11024706g

Being brought up on a farm my Dad always told us to have great respect for any of the animals with testicles.  😯  This included bulls, rams, boars and even the male turkeys and geese - they could also be vicious, aggressive buggers when the mood took them.  I worked with stallions for years and I learned to keep a wary eye on them too.

Not just those with testicles.  Females with young too. Never get between a mum and her offspring or too close. Even sheep can get aggressive when they have lambs. 

A park near us used to close the golf course in rutting season and had signs everywhere about the deer. Still idiots would take their kids close to try and pet them and feed them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Not just those with testicles.  Females with young too. Never get between a mum and her offspring or too close. Even sheep can get aggressive when they have lambs. 

A park near us used to close the golf course in rutting season and had signs everywhere about the deer. Still idiots would take their kids close to try and pet them and feed them.

For sure! 

On 17/04/2019 at 21:16, Toots said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-17/deer-kills-man-and-critically-injuries-woman-near-wangaratta/11024706g

Being brought up on a farm my Dad always told us to have great respect for any of the animals with testicles.  😯  This included bulls, rams, boars and even the male turkeys and geese - they could also be vicious, aggressive buggers when the mood took them.  I worked with stallions for years and I learned to keep a wary eye on them too.

Definitely. I'd also keep an eye out for animals without testicles that are protecting their kids. No scorn is worse than that of a mom in the wild.