register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Mr Uknown

Work experience and Education

Dear all, 

My wife and me are evaluating our chances to immigrate with either 189 or 190. However, I get slightly confused with what should be counted and what should not. Your advice is very much appreciated.

My wife (main applicant) has Bachelor degree in Accounting (221111) but 0 yrs of experience as accountant. She also has Master Degree in Information Systems (261312) and 3.5 yrs experience. 

Which path should she choose: Accounting or Developer? I got recently confused by finding out that only Bachelor degree gets points

Also, not sure whether she can claim Partner skills points as my occupation is only the short-term occupation list.

Thanks

I would run it past a registered migration agent to check which is the best strategy as a 189 may not even be the best option - at present invites for 189 would need 80 points, particularly for accountant. 

Agree with the above.

It's harder to get in as an accountant.

However I think you need a minimum of 5 years experience for ACS skills assessments. Although I can't be 100% sure on that.

13 hours ago, Mr Uknown said:

Dear all, 

My wife and me are evaluating our chances to immigrate with either 189 or 190. However, I get slightly confused with what should be counted and what should not. Your advice is very much appreciated.

My wife (main applicant) has Bachelor degree in Accounting (221111) but 0 yrs of experience as accountant. She also has Master Degree in Information Systems (261312) and 3.5 yrs experience. 

Which path should she choose: Accounting or Developer? I got recently confused by finding out that only Bachelor degree gets points

Also, not sure whether she can claim Partner skills points as my occupation is only the short-term occupation list.

Thanks

Hey mate, its best if you go for 261312. You will get 15 points for the masters. ACS require 1 year of post qualification experience to get the positive skill assessment. On the other hand if you want to go for Accountant you need atleast 85 points looking at the current round. CPA won't ask for work experience for positive skill assessment, but its getting harder and harder for accountants

Occupation - Chef,  State - NSW, Points - 65 ( Age - 30, Edu - 15, Aus Edu - 5, English - 10, State - 5 )

VetAssess Applied - 10/06/18, Positive Skill Assessment -  15/10/18 EOI NSW  190 - 23/10/18, Invitation -  15/11/18, Nomination Applied - 19/11/18,   Nomination Approved- 20/11/18, Visa Lodged - 27/11/18, Health exam - 19/12/18, Grant - 21/05/19