RSMS 187 Change Career

Hello everyone,

A bit of my situation I had been granted RSMS 187 visa last year, few months after that my company went into bankruptcy which made me struggle as it is hard to find a job in small regional area. I had to move interstate (but remain in the regional area) and unemployed for one month until i get the job. I work in retail area and was sponsored as General Manager. Now after few weeks of deciding and hot tea in the afternoon, i plan to change my career field and want to  take an mature apprenticeship as electrician. I do understand that i need to stay in regional area and working in my field until 2 years is up, but shouldnt be a way to change my career before those 2 years? Please shed me some information. Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

When your employer went bankrupt, did you notify the department? 

I did not, i talked with immigration lawyer before the liquidation date happen as we have been notified 2 weeks prior and he said that i only obliged to stay in regional area for 2 years. Do you think i should?