register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Simon mcmullen

Vetassess bench joinery revision

Hello all,

I hope everyone is good and I hope someone can help me. I apologise if this topic is already been covered before. 

I am about to do my vetasses for a bench joinery for my 190 visa. I have recieved the units and I think I am fairly confident in most of them. However, there is a few which my place of work does not cover  (such as doors and windows)  and has been a while since I practised them in college. This is where I am panicking. There’s at least two in the compulsory part that I lack. Is there any where I can research vetassess questions? I have looked online and through countless forums. I have been going to the library and rehashing the topics to try and remember the details but this has  made my confidence take a nose dive. 

Thank you all in advance

Being a joiner you should've studied making windows and doors at college, surely you haven't forgotten how to make them? If you've been a joiner within the last, lets say 3/4 years you should remember what to do. They're not trying to trick you they're just checking you know what you're doing. Haven't just gone to college to get a qualification purely on the basis of getting a visa! 

Chances are you won't have used a cartridge nail gun, they'll ask you about them. Different colour cartridges for different loadings etc. 

Independent (Subclass 189) IELTS 17/5/14 - L 8.5 - R 8.0 - W 8.0 - S 9.0 / VETASSESS Training and Employment Check 1/4/14 - Successful / Bench Joinery VETASSESS Technical Interview - 28/07/2014 (Kent) - Successful 04/08/2014 / EOI - 06/08/2014 / Invite for VISA - 29/08/2014 / Medicals 13/09/2014 / VISA Granted - 28/10/2014 Landed In Brisbane - 29/04/2015