Waiting on Bridging Visa A

gaurav

Hey, I came to Australia in Feb, 2016 and all my previous visas so far like student visa and temporary graduate visa are linked to my previous passport. In between these 3 years, I have been to india in Feb, 2018 and came back in march, 2018 holding my previous passport. and recently, I have renewed my passport in feb, 2019. Later on, so far I did my degree assessment and EOI based on new passport and few days back applied for visa 189, where I have filled all my forms in regards to the details on new passport but didn't receive any Bridging visa A, as I was expecting it very next day. Now I have emailed immigration regarding it, but they told me that you were off shore while you applied for this 189 visa but I was present in Australia. So my questions are: what is the best possible possible solution to handle this problem? Will it affect my application for visa 189? I have filled all the forms like form 80 showing that I am in Australia, but in their records it shows that I am outside Australia, so how this will impact my application? If I will receive Bridging visa A, will everything be sorted? Will this all hustle impact on the processing time?

If you obtained a new passport and did not update the Immigration Department, then they have no way of knowing your new passport details. 

If you then proceeded to lodge the 189 with the new passport details, which they have no record of, then it will not show up on their system and it will automatically assume that you are off shore.

You need to update your new passport details with the Department and rectify the bridging visa situation.