3rd WHV Question

jameserob

Does anyone know how this is likely to work? Surely once January 1st comes every Irish and Canadian who’s on their second year visa is going to be applying for a 3rd year whether they’ve done the farm work or not?!!! How are immigration going to deal with it? They can’t investigate and ask everyone for payslips as the process would take forever, but then surely they’re going to be on the lookout big time as so many people will be applying who haven’t done the farm work!

Edited by jameserob

49 minutes ago, jameserob said:

Does anyone know how this is likely to work? Surely once January 1st comes every Irish and Canadian who’s on their second year visa is going to be applying for a 3rd year whether they’ve done the farm work or not?!!! How are immigration going to deal with it? They can’t investigate and ask everyone for payslips as the process would take forever, but then surely they’re going to be on the lookout big time as so many people will be applying who haven’t done the farm work!

Currently, when you submit your application for your second year, you have to include full evidence that you've done the required farm work.  That means Immigration doesn't have to ask, it's all there in the application.  If the evidence is not there, the application is rejected.   Why wouldn't the requirements for the third year visa be the same?

Edited by Marisawright

That’s not what happened when I applied for my second year back in January this year. I applied for it and didn’t supply any evidence at all apart from the ABN number of my employer and address of where I stayed while doing my farm work, and I wasn’t asked to provide anything further. My visa was then granted. It’s excatly the same with most other people I know who done farm work. I know some others who applied for their visa and then a few weeks later received an email asking for payslips and bank statements, which is what is known as “getting investigated”, and then they upload them to their immi account.  

21 hours ago, jameserob said:

That’s not what happened when I applied for my second year back in January this year. I applied for it and didn’t supply any evidence at all apart from the ABN number of my employer and address of where I stayed while doing my farm work, and I wasn’t asked to provide anything further. My visa was then granted. It’s excatly the same with most other people I know who done farm work. I know some others who applied for their visa and then a few weeks later received an email asking for payslips and bank statements, which is what is known as “getting investigated”, and then they upload them to their immi account.  

Why wouldn't the process for the 3rd application be any different from the 2nd?

Because you’re going to have so many Irish and Canadians trying to apply for a third year when they haven’t done the farm work once January comes, so I would have thought they would perhaps request payslips and bank statements for everyone applying perhaps? I’m not asking some sort of alien question. It’s pretty simple, and this is a discussion forum. 

36 minutes ago, jameserob said:

Because you’re going to have so many Irish and Canadians trying to apply for a third year when they haven’t done the farm work once January comes, so I would have thought they would perhaps request payslips and bank statements for everyone applying perhaps? I’m not asking some sort of alien question. It’s pretty simple, and this is a discussion forum. 

I don't understand what you're getting at. Are you assuming that most Irish and Canadians are idiots and will be applying even though they know they don't qualify?   Or are you assuming that they will all be hoping Immigration will be too swamped to check their applications?

I take it you do actually live in Australia and have been on a WHV before?! The amount of people who apply for a second year when they haven’t done the farm work and get approved is huge. I know many, many people who have done it. I’m not suggesting that Canadians and Irish are idiots at all...I started a simple discussion around what the process might be for the third year visa. This is a discussion forum. I haven’t started a weird topic. It’s pretty obvious what I’m talking about and the subject is spoken about on many Facebook groups and other forums. 

4 minutes ago, jameserob said:

I take it you do actually live in Australia and have been on a WHV before?! The amount of people who apply for a second year when they haven’t done the farm work and get approved is huge. I know many, many people who have done it. I’m not suggesting that Canadians and Irish are idiots at all...I started a simple discussion around what the process might be for the third year visa. This is a discussion forum. I haven’t started a weird topic. It’s pretty obvious what I’m talking about and the subject is spoken about on many Facebook groups and other forums. 

There is also a large number who apply and get a refusal because they have not done the regional work, or if they have, then cannot prove it. Some of them have even posted on this forum.

To claim the work when you haven't done it is actually an offence. Its Immigration Fraud. You don't need to have held a WHV to know that. 

Edited by Nemesis

1 hour ago, jameserob said:

Bottom line, I can see no reason why the process for the third year WHV will be any different.

7 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

Slight aside, but why did they choose Irish and Canadians for the 3rd year? Not that they aren’t lovely people (!)  but wondered why out of all the nationalities they were the chosen ones?

It's all about negotiating reciprocal agreements between countries.

• Thanks 1

Well your question is about the process, and as already replied, I would assume the process will be the same as the 2nd WHV.  Regardless of whether people apply after meeting the criteria or not, and whether DHA chooses to investigate every single application or only every 50th, is up to them.  I assume it's not only Canadians and Irish who may try to get a new WHV without having done the required regional work.