How long does it takes after nomination approval to get the 186 visa

Markecx

Hi there,

I have received the nomination approval on the 16.03.2019 for my 186 employer nominated and my solicitor said to me that I need to provide the up to date police check from overseas and do the medical check. All that was done by the 25.03.2019 so my question is when should I expect the 186 visa as I'm on a bridging A visa which doesn't allow travel.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I've been waiting for it for around 7 weeks now and I'm suspecting that something with the medical exam is not right so that is the reason why I'm interested in others experience. 

@S.Shrestha were you able to check your status on the vivo web site with the TRN from the nomination approval or you've been issued new TRN?

@Ratu Anything is possible but I believe that the lawyers have obligation to inform you on time so you can find another lawyer to finish the job. I personally was looking at the option to swap my lawyer but was advised not to do so unless the current lawyer decides to quit representing and in which case he or she is obligated to provide the client with all their progress.

The only possible reason for delay in your case would be that the immi has requested some additional documents and your lawyer hasn't replied on time or at all. At the end  of the day, we are responsible for their actions and it's hard to prove negligence. Anyways, be prepared for a quick swap of lawyer if that's the case.

Edited by Markecx

In that case I believe that your application is still in a procedure. Just make sure that you are checking the spam group in your email as sometimes mail providers can put important emails into a different category. What's your current status? Are you waiting for a nomination approval or the PR? And do you know the procedure how it goes after the nomination is approved?

4 hours ago, Markecx said:

Mine has been approved on 16.03.2019 and still waiting for a decision. Also here to learn the procedure

Do you have a migration agent or are you doing the paperwork on your own? i was told by a lawyer that if you do not have the agent, then the nomination and application for PR is treated separate. Hence the delay. I am not sure how true this is.

18 hours ago, Ratu said:

Do you have a migration agent or are you doing the paperwork on your own? i was told by a lawyer that if you do not have the agent, then the nomination and application for PR is treated separate. Hence the delay. I am not sure how true this is.

I have a migration agent and don't think that immi will have a different approach to the cases as the migration agents are using the same procedure as if an individual is represented by themselves. I'm checking vivo every day with the TRN from the nomination as I don't have the logging credentials with whom my application has been lodged but it says that the TRN doesn't match my current visa. I presume that the decision hasn't been made hence there is no info but would like to hear a different opinion/experience.

Another thing that concerns me is that on the nomination approval document it says that we automatically are receiving the PR status after 6 months from the date that the nomination has been approved. On the other hand it says that I have 6 months from the approval to apply for PR. Anyone has a simpler explanation?

2 hours ago, pr where are you ... said:

Applied nomination & pr on 21-02-2019

My nomination approved on 16-04-2019

medical was done on 23-04-2109

any idea guys how long do i have to wait for the golden email!

How come your nomination has been approved in only 2 months 🙂 you should play Lotto!

Regarding the "golden email" nobody knows how long we will wait. I was hoping that we will meet someone who has completed the procedure and can share their experience.

• Haha 1

Just to inform any future "confused" applicants (like me)  that I have received my PR roughly 2 months after I got the nomination. Immi hasn't requested any other documents and it was just a matter of time when the were approving the visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK so i received a invitation to comment from the department. at the time i applied for the application, i did no have a skill assessment. it was lodged. but later when i received it it was attached. All i have to do it provide a reason why at the time of application i did not attach it.

My question here is, if i provide a response now, how long will they take to approve? will it take months ? or could be instant?

7 hours ago, Ratu said:

OK so i received a invitation to comment from the department. at the time i applied for the application, i did no have a skill assessment. it was lodged. but later when i received it it was attached. All i have to do it provide a reason why at the time of application i did not attach it.

My question here is, if i provide a response now, how long will they take to approve? will it take months ? or could be instant?

Again there is no specific time of approval . It might take few days to months . 

17 hours ago, Ratu said:

I believe that you have 28 days to provide the required information so I believe that they will respond after that period. It was the case with me when they have required an updated police check.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2019 at 08:20, Markecx said:

I have a migration agent and don't think that immi will have a different approach to the cases as the migration agents are using the same procedure as if an individual is represented by themselves. I'm checking vivo every day with the TRN from the nomination as I don't have the logging credentials with whom my application has been lodged but it says that the TRN doesn't match my current visa. I presume that the decision hasn't been made hence there is no info but would like to hear a different opinion/experience.

Another thing that concerns me is that on the nomination approval document it says that we automatically are receiving the PR status after 6 months from the date that the nomination has been approved. On the other hand it says that I have 6 months from the approval to apply for PR. Anyone has a simpler explanation?

Hi Mark, I tried the same way to check my 186 visa granted by using the granted nomination TRN, however the vevo app always pops up a window saying CANNOT CONFIRM.

Edited by bigbasin