Medicals and PCC before lodging 190 yes or no?

Martina

Hi again 😁

Just wondering whether submit our medicals and police clearance together when lodging the 190 application? I'm currently in the process of gathering everything for the lodgement and I've read that they actually prefer it this way and I also happen to have my medicals from 8/2018. So it would be just for my partner and then PCC. 

What's your experience? 

Also, which police check did you use? I lived in Au before so I'd probably have to do AFP but how about my European clearance? The link on home affairs website didn't work so I'm curious which one you've taken and how much was it? Is there any international check that would include all countries I've lived in? 

Thank you all so much 🤗

Hi Martina

I think it depends how quick you want your visa. If you are after a direct grant then submit everything at the start, if not then wait for CO to contact you.

Also Im sure that your medical is only valid for 12months so I don't think that the one you had from last august will do.

Im just waiting for my wifes birth certificate to come then I have everything to lodge for my 190 visa, Im not submitting any medicals of police checks until the ask for them though.

Hi Lavers, 

thank you for your reply! Yes we'd preferably get a direct grant that's why I'm weighing this option. I know my medicals are valid for 12 months but there's still some time left and I also read that it needs to be valid at the time of lodgement which it will be. 

Good luck with everything! I'm getting there but still have a month and a half of time. 

42 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hi Lavers, 

thank you for your reply! Yes we'd preferably get a direct grant that's why I'm weighing this option. I know my medicals are valid for 12 months but there's still some time left and I also read that it needs to be valid at the time of lodgement which it will be. 

Good luck with everything! I'm getting there but still have a month and a half of time. 

I think they have to be valid at time of grant.  The visa grant gives you a date to validate by that is in keeping with your medical or police check (generally),  So if you submit august 18 medical and you are granted e.g. in June '19, you may find that you have to validate by August '19.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ali said:

I think they have to be valid at time of grant.  The visa grant gives you a date to validate by that is in keeping with your medical or police check (generally),  So if you submit august 18 medical and you are granted e.g. in June '19, you may find that you have to validate by August '19.  

Sorry I meant that I didn't think that you would get a grant before august when your medical would run out