NEW SPONSOR CHANGES FOR PARTNER VISA ON 17TH APRIL 2019

Aussiebird

I have been informed that the new sponsor changes come into effect on 17th April.

The email states that no idication is given as  yet, as  to how long it will take to process the sponsor application.

The sponsor must apply first and be approved before a Partner Visa application can be submitted.

Bearing in mind of the new fee increase of the Partner Visa from 1 July,  if a sponsor is waiting for approval and not knowing how long it will take, it's likely that anyone not quite ready to submit the Partner Visa application just yet, will end up paying the new Partner Visa fee.

I am not aware if the sponsor application incurs a fee? Possibly something else that has to be paid for and so costs escalate.

Also assuming the sponsor application is the same 40SP?

We are just waiting for 2 stat dec forms from family in Australia and 2 from UK friends, then sorting through documents etc ready to upload for Partner Visa.  Not knowing how long the sponsor application will take to approve is now going to be a waiting game.

My guess is that there is a fee for the sponsor application, since it would require DHA to do an assessment of paperwork, etc. for which they would expect to be paid.  Not sure if that is then carved out of the visa application fee (e.g. $250 for the sponsor application and then the visa application fee is reduced by $250).  April 17th will be interesting to see what has been put in place.

If you have the particulars of your AU 888 declarants, and your other supporting documents in order, lodge the application. If your UK declarants are not AU citizens or permanent residents, consign their declarations to the RCF, or file them for when a delegate asks for furyhter information.

5 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

My guess is that there is a fee for the sponsor application, since it would require DHA to do an assessment of paperwork, etc. for which they would expect to be paid.  Not sure if that is then carved out of the visa application fee (e.g. $250 for the sponsor application and then the visa application fee is reduced by $250).  April 17th will be interesting to see what has been put in place.

I am willing to wager my remining testicle that it will be worse than that.

7 hours ago, wrussell said:

If you have the particulars of your AU 888 declarants, and your other supporting documents in order, lodge the application. If your UK declarants are not AU citizens or permanent residents, consign their declarations to the RCF, or file them for when a delegate asks for furyhter information.

So If we lodge the Partner Visa application with the 888 forms by 17th April can we upload then attach  all further evidence after lodgement then complete the sponsor form and lodge?

Im guessing cannot lodge partner visa first then sponsor after 17th April.  The sponsor form will then have to be lodged first then wait for approval before lodging partner visa application. 

If i can get the 888 form emailed from oz by my brother and his wife then i may just get it in in time!!

I'm guessing the sponsor application will be a hefty fee. 

It's part of the process of a partner visa application and should not change, even if they are to be lodged the other way round, still have to lodge both! 

This could have a huge financial impact depending on the fee of the sponsor visa (if there will be one).

On 10/04/2019 at 22:24, Aussiebird said:

I am not aware if the sponsor application incurs a fee?

For the new Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa, the cost of applying to become a sponsor will be $420. 

It is likely that the cost of becoming a sponsor for a Partner Visa will be similar.

I’m also interested in this topic, maybe some of the migration agents here could help with the situation? 

Im a holder of PMV visa and planning to move to Australia 3 months after the visa was granted . The wedding is scheduled 2 months before the visa expires. As far as I understood, we will have to lodge sponsorship application first and wait till it will be approved. What if the processing time of approval takes longer and my PMV expires? Will I have to leave the country? Or I will still be able to get a bridging visa? I tried to find some information online concerning PMV holders but couldn’t find anything. 

Thanks a lot for reply ! 

Hey guys, me & my partner are currently compiling all our docs so we can get things lodged before 17th, I have a quick question though.

We are both currently onshore & are going to lodge everything online, I am the sponsor. 

There are forms which my partner needs to fill in & forms I need to fill in so do we use two separate immi account logins & link them together with the TRN reference or just the one login?

On 13/04/2019 at 05:59, Sharfy said:

I’m also interested in this topic, maybe some of the migration agents here could help with the situation? 

Im a holder of PMV visa and planning to move to Australia 3 months after the visa was granted . The wedding is scheduled 2 months before the visa expires. As far as I understood, we will have to lodge sponsorship application first and wait till it will be approved. What if the processing time of approval takes longer and my PMV expires? Will I have to leave the country? Or I will still be able to get a bridging visa? I tried to find some information online concerning PMV holders but couldn’t find anything. 

Thanks a lot for reply ! 

The sponsorship requirement has not yet been implemented, so no one knows for sure how it will work. It is likely there will be some sort of transitional arrangements for those who already hold a PMV, so they are not disadvantaged.

There is a lot of talk about the sponsorship requirement coming into effect on the 17th of April, but I believe that this will only be for the new temporary parent visas, not for Partner visas yet

• 2 months later...

the tragedy for visa applicants and their fiancees or partners that the extreme right wing xenophobic Liberals won the election 

as , although the labour party would not have changed much, I beleive they had proposed reductions to the   OUTRAGEOUS visa fees 

and would show a modicum of compassion and empathy which the so called " liberals " ( Tories really )would never show. 

Hope for the best on sponsor fee but expect the worst ! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, barry said:

the tragedy for visa applicants and their fiancees or partners that the extreme right wing xenophobic Liberals won the election 

as , although the labour party would not have changed much, I beleive they had proposed reductions to the   OUTRAGEOUS visa fees 

and would show a modicum of compassion and empathy which the so called " liberals " ( Tories really )would never show. 

Hope for the best on sponsor fee but expect the worst ! 

Not sure if you are aware of the horrendous retrospective changes to the immigration rules the labor party made when they were in government? affecting thousands and thousands of applicants who had paid for their front loaded applications. They were kept in limbo for over 3 years on bridging visas and then the majority told to leave. Thousands of dollars out of pocket, and not many got a cent back. 

I speak from experience as my son was directly affected. 

Some of my skilled visa clients, having paid for skills assessments, English tests, my fees and so on, were kept in limbo for 6+ years before being capped and ceased' by Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash. Eentually they had their Visa Application Charges refunded. This was not much different in effect from paying all the ancillary costs and never receiving an invitation to apply, because the rules were changed in the middle of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

ramot- WOW!  No , I was not aware of that as have lived abroad quite a lot over the years . Mostv politicians are

the scum of the earth  and the biggest benefit scroungers . They are paid a huge salary and perks  for a cushy job 

and only a few really earn their money ! ( smile )

On 17/06/2019 at 00:17, wrussell said:

Some of my skilled visa clients, having paid for skills assessments, English tests, my fees and so on, were kept in limbo for 6+ years before being capped and ceased' by Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash. Eentually they had their Visa Application Charges refunded. This was not much different in effect from paying all the ancillary costs and never receiving an invitation to apply, because the rules were changed in the middle of the game.

the Tory government does that too and an old friend of mine whose wife from Thailan lived with him in UK for 2 years and then failed the life in UK test and had to return to Thailand . They visit easch otherr twice a year thanks to Theresa May . 

8 minutes ago, barry said:

the Tory government does that too and an old friend of mine whose wife from Thailan lived with him in UK for 2 years and then failed the life in UK test and had to return to Thailand . They visit easch otherr twice a year thanks to Theresa May . 

That is very different to Cap'n'cease which involves the changing of rules mid-game affecting several thousand people. It was out of their hands.

Your friend's case sadly just comes down to one person not passing a test as part of an individual application. 

1 hour ago, barry said:

First, you don't have to leave the UK for failing the citizenship test. You just can't proceed with citizenship. That doesn't prevent living and working in the UK. Indeed, many people chose not to claim citizenship for a variety of reasons such as their country of origin doesn't permit dual nationality.

With regard the cases in Australia. Let me tell you what happened. 

A significant number of people were living in Australia for many years. Had homes, businesses and a life. They were on long term bridging visas awaiting visa grants. These were skilled applicants and ver active members of the forum. 

Out of the blue with no warning, the minister announced that visa class was being cancelled. Retrospective. So, even those that had applied, paid the fees and everything had their applications cancelled. 

They were informed that they could claim a refund on visa fee. Providing they had the original paper receipt - from years ago! Then told they had 28 days to leave the country. 

wow- what a horrific story and I assume it was a liberal government who did this altghough "liberal" is hardly the way to describe  them  as my daughter in 

perth always says . My friend's wife actually was not taking  that test to get Uk citizenship but to get pernanant residence after her 2 year period . It was a rule brought in by the witch 

Theresa May , in 2010 after the nasty party got power and she was Home secretary . You will knpw about the Windrush generation too and it was TM's work .