EOI waiting times

Hi everyone! 

Very new to this forum, so please be patient! 🙊 

I submitted an EOI for the 189 visa with 65 points back in May 2018 and not had any response. We have hired an agent who then suggested in February this year to apply for the 190 visa due to the lengthy waiting times for 189 - but we have still yet to be invited to apply on either 189 / 190 EOI. 

Can anyone else inform me of how long they’ve been waiting on their EOIs for either 190 /189? I am aware it’s different for everyone and based on points / occupation etc. Just looking for a rough guide. 

Thanks 🙂

I think they have been having high points (but this depends on your skill)...

65 points is the minimum and I think most have been applying with 70 or 75 points and so you may have been leap-frogged by a few people in the time..

all the best in your application  🙂

They haven't invited anyone with 65 points for the 189 visa for a long time now. Last month is was people with 75+

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

Your EOI will probably expire so you will probably never get an invite. Even if they start inviting people with 65 points there will be very few any the people who submitted before you will be invited first.

7 hours ago, SWMOY04 said:

I think they have been having high points (but this depends on your skill)...

65 points is the minimum and I think most have been applying with 70 or 75 points and so you may have been leap-frogged by a few people in the time..

all the best in your application  🙂

If we discount the pro-rata occupations for a moment...

Are invites to apply (for 189) strictly based on points alone or do they also consider the anzsco code?

I guess what I'm asking is if there are 1500 plumbers with 75 points and I'm in the queue as a chef with 70 points will every plumber get an invite before me or is it a little more complex than just top of the points pile gets an invite?

Hi Hollie 

I got my EOI approved for a 190 visa a couple of weeks ago...65points metal fabricator for south Australia.

It took 4wks to be approved all states have different criteria and jobs which they are nominating.

I would check the states website and check the processing times and that you meet the criteria.

Maybe you could look at other states

11 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I guess what I'm asking is if there are 1500 plumbers with 75 points and I'm in the queue as a chef with 70 points will every plumber get an invite before me

For the 189 yes. For state sponsorship not necessarily. They have their own criteria.