digital marketing - what visa ?

Hello, 

I plan on moving to aus this coming September and I am unsure what visa, if any, I should apply for. 

I know I do a one year WH visa, do my 88 regional work and then I can stay for 1 + 3/4 years more. 

I am looking for a more permanent move. 

Are doors closed for marketing professionals ? My understanding is that these skills are less in demand than they used be. 

Is my only option doing the working holiday visa route, do my 88 days regional work, get a marketing job and look for sponsorship ? 

Is there any other way ? Anything else I should know ? Any good migration agencies that may know ? 

Thank you!

There are marketing roles available for skilled migration, it will likely depend on the exact nature and if you can pass a skills assessment. 

You need to do a lot of reading in homeaffairs.gov.au and the associated sites for skills assessors. Start with the skilled occupation lists and then go from there.

As a general note, your occupation still has to be on the lists to be eligible for any skilled visa including sponsored, which is usually only temporary anyway. Very few working holiday visa holders manage to turn it into something long term. 

It depends on which visa you apply for. If your occupation is on the long term list then you may be eligible to apply for a 189, which allows you to live and work anywhere. Otherwise, you would be looking at a state sponsored 190 / 489, which would require you to live and work in that state

16 hours ago, kangaroo_23 said:

Is my only option doing the working holiday visa route, do my 88 days regional work, get a marketing job and look for sponsorship ? 

The WHV is a good idea and worth doing, because it will let you experience life in Australia and make potentially useful contacts.

However, an employer-sponsored visa is only a temporary visa, so that will only get you an extension of your stay.  Also, an employer can't sponsor you for just any job - your occupation must be on one of the skilled lists.    So that's the first thing to check.