Suburb help!!

Yasmin1991

Hi everyone, 

Moving from UK to Melbourne next summer. Just trying to get to know some areas, I am a paediatric nurse and it is likely I'll try and find work in Monash Children's Hospital. Can anyone recommend any nice areas for a young family approx no more than 45 mins away. Somewhere with good schools & affordable 🙂

Thanks in advance! 

45 minutes gives you a pretty wide search area....you might need to iron out some more specifics - close to beach? shops etc, access to the city??

You can plug figures in here and get an idea (although i take some of the commute times to the closer to the city with a pinch of salt) - i've based it on 30 mins at 7:20am.

https://app.traveltimeplatform.com/search/0_lng=145.12202&0_mode=driving&0_time=d1554844881597&0_title=Dixon Street%2C Clayton%2C VI%2C Australia&0_lat=-37.91912

its a pretty wide area - what else is important, budget can be a limiting factor as well.

you can search on realestate.com.au and look at the map based on budget to give you pointers as well...

On 08/04/2019 at 17:32, Yasmin1991 said:

Hi everyone, 

Moving from UK to Melbourne next summer. Just trying to get to know some areas, I am a paediatric nurse and it is likely I'll try and find work in Monash Children's Hospital. Can anyone recommend any nice areas for a young family approx no more than 45 mins away. Somewhere with good schools & affordable 🙂

Thanks in advance! 

Are you talking about Monash Hospital in Clayton as opposed to Berwick? if so I'd look at Mount Waverley. There's a nice shopping centre close to the railway line and Mount Waverley Secondary College is sought after.