Migration / visa agent

dww101

Hello

We are at the very beginning of looking to obtain visas. I have an idea of what is required but the process and order of things I am not. 

Do people recommend a migrant / visa agent to start the process and make an assessment of what we need to do.

Also what kind of fees do they charge? Any guidance would be appreciated. 

I would if I were to do the process again from scratch, most Migration Agents will offer an initial appointment to discuss your case before you jump in, normally fairly cheaply (free to £200), in person or on Skype/phone.  Some will refund it if you choose them to proceed with your visa application.  I can't recommend anyone specifically but there are quite a few Australian based agents that are very active online and clearly handle a lot of cases which can only help with ensuring you're given accurate info.

Beyond the initial appointment... the visa process itself has a lot of nuances and it requires you to be very organised, persistent and pro-active.  There are a lot of pitfalls and it requires a lot of research and support.  Some people are totally up for throwing themselves into the process and doing it themselves but others can't think of anything worse.

I've done mine independently so far but if I were to do the process again I would definitely look to a Migration Agent.  Not because i feel i've made any bad decisions, just because of how many hours i've had to invest to understand everything in enough detail to get on the right track.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Yes. With out a doubt. There are a number of excellent agents that post on the forum regularly 

I've no doubt I could do mine myself, the process is quite methodical. However it's very laborious and requires a lot of research - so I'm happy to outsource mine to an agent

All the registered migration agents who post on this forum can be relied upon.

Do not consult an overseas unregistered agent.

If you want me to undertake a preliminary assessment of your case, please go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form.