-

To migrate to Australia you need a qualification and experience in an occupation that is on the Skilled lists.   That's the fundamental essential for any permanent visa, AND the employer sponsored visas. 

If your occupation is not on any of the lists, it is impossible for you to migrate to Australia.  In that case, your only hope is to fall in love with an Australian.

Whatever the occupation, the qualification needed is usually an ordinary degree.  Doing further study towards a Ph.D or Masters doesn't improve your chance of being successful.   

If Australia is such a huge priority for you, it's a pity someone didn't tell you that earlier. 

Edited by Marisawright

A recognised PhD (in any discipline) is awarded 20 points for a points tested visa, A first degree or a masters is awarded 15 points.

457 visas are no longer available.

For skilled employment to be counted for migration points, it must be 'closely related'  to the skilled occpation and paid at the market rate. 407 is not always paid.

For any of the likely pre-migration skills  assessments, the work must be 'highly relevant' and so must the academic qualification. 

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

@Marisawright do you seriously think after being interested in all this I don't actually know about the SOL (skill occupations list)? 

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If Australia is such a huge priority for you, it's a pity someone didn't tell you that earlier. 

It's a pity you are rude, good luck in your life 

53 minutes ago, Mely said:

@Marisawright do you seriously think after being interested in all this I don't actually know about the SOL (skill occupations list)? 

It's a pity you are rude, good luck in your life 

Since you have removed your initial post it is difficult to put Marisa’s reply in any context, but as I recall you did not state any occupation in your post just academic qualifications. 

I do not think the post was rude but yours were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mely said:

Well yes, I did make that assumption from your post.  

You said that Australia had been your dream from the age of 18, yet you're 28 and still in education.    While a Ph.D might get you some extra points, you could have used those ten years FAR more effectively by simply getting a bachelor's degree, going out into the workforce to get the necessary experience, and you could have achieved your dream by now.  

That suggested to me that you had been badly advised or were unaware of how the system worked.  If that's not the case, fine.  But the fact remains that you are not going to get a permanent visa - or even an employer-sponsored one - without the required years of experience in your occupation, and a short internship or training is not going to get you that.