Adding daughter to visa

Barry1986

Hi,

Looking for some advice on if it is possible to add my step daughter to our visa.

My wife and I had our visa granted on 10th of march 2017 and moved out to Adelaide in July 2017 we have been here since that date. Long story short my step daughter didn't want to move out and didn't want to included on the visa. Now she has come on a working visa and really wants to stay. She is 20 and my wife's only child. I know this is a long shot. Any help would be much appreciated.

We are on a 190 visa

2 hours ago, Barry1986 said:

Hi,

Looking for some advice on if it is possible to add my step daughter to our visa.

My wife and I had our visa granted on 10th of march 2017 and moved out to Adelaide in July 2017 we have been here since that date. Long story short my step daughter didn't want to move out and didn't want to included on the visa. Now she has come on a working visa and really wants to stay. She is 20 and my wife's only child. I know this is a long shot. Any help would be much appreciated.

We are on a 190 visa

Your visa has already been granted so you cannot add anyone to it. If she is totally financially dependent on you the  she might qualify for a child visa but thats a long shot. Professional advice would be could, so you can explore any possible pathway, but I suspect she will need a skill and then get a visa in her own right. 

6 hours ago, Barry1986 said:

Hi,

We are on a 190 visa

I don’t think there’s any chance. She’s not dependent on her parent so she will have to get a visa on her own right which at 20 will be impossible I’d say. Always a shame when they won’t go on the visa and then some years later wish they had.  I’d say to any parent do everything you can to get them on even if they don’t want to. If her mum did all this and the daughter still refused then sadly she will have to live with  that decision. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

It will not be easy, but it is not impossible. 
May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum?
Is there anyone you recommend for this type of case? The more I read about this and other cases i feel the chance is very very slim. She is 21 in October and hasn't been in education since June 2017.

25 minutes ago, Barry1986 said:
On 07/04/2019 at 11:10, wrussell said:
May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum?

Is there anyone you recommend for this type of case? The more I read about this and other cases i feel the chance is very very slim. She is 21 in October and hasn't been in education since June 2017.

wrussell is a migration agent himself and recommended 

12 hours ago, Barry1986 said:
On 07/04/2019 at 02:10, wrussell said:

I can’t see how she can be evidenced as financially dependent either but wrussell is a well regarded agent so if he thinks there’s a chance you should contact him. I’d be very interested to know how you managed it should it happen. 

• 2 months later...
On 16/06/2019 at 00:15, Marisawright said:

There comes a point where you need to call him and pay for more detailed advice

I think the person's question asking if it had been done before is a fair one... After all not much point in calling someone who hasn't got experience of that issue.

However I agree on the second part of the question, that feels like information that is related to actually performing the task and should be paid for.

You would ask a plumber if they'd ever fixed your model of dishwasher before giving them the work, but you wouldn't ask them to write down all the steps they'd perform so you can do it yourself. This is no different...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Richard M Nixon hired 'plumbers' to investigate Watergate, and look what happened to him, for not asking what steps they would take. They should have taken long ones and plenty of them.

Like it...

I don't think any professional objects to answering honest questions about their experience and ability, that's what gives them their brand. Equally I don't know any who willing give away for free what they can charge for.

It's a balancing act...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wrussell said:

16+ years experience no child visa refusals no refusals of finalised partner visas, some went to review, similarly for skilled visas of various types one refusal of a carer visa after the sponsor died. 

Pretty impressive - I'm in awe, I'm having enough stress just doing my own (and that's with being supported by an amazingly responsive agent as well)

After I first registered, before I accepted a client, I spent 6 months reviewing cases that had gone to the (then) MRT to work out how I might have avoided the refusal. It took me 3 weeks to prepare my first service agreement. I used to call it a costs agreement, but I decided that it made me made me seem too similar to members of a certain profession. When I have consulted accredited specialsts from that profession they have always been wrong, except for once when I was told that a particular strategy in a particularly difficult child case was worth a go, and it was.