Electronic Equipment Trades Worker (342313)

Hi,

I would like like to know if there is anyone that did the Electronic Equipment Trades Worker (342313) technical interview that is actually in the photocopier industry? My husband is a photocopier service technician and must do his technical interview on the 11th, i just need to know how do you do the interview if none of the below is part of his job description.

image.png.bf2d478c6cd21c34038328a1d301df4e.png

It looks like you've applied in a closely related anzsco code but this seems more relevant

Business Machine Mechanic –ANZSCO 342311. Installs, maintains and repairs electronic business equipment such as multi-function devices, photocopiers, scanners, fax machines and cash registers.

I'm guessing though as 342311 isn't on the 189 list and is only available on the 190 for one state you've tried to massage his skills into the 342313 job code which is much more in demand.

this is the reply from the agent when i told him none of the items on the list that he will be questioned about in the technical interview relates to his occupation. 

"In Eben’s Technical interview Vetassess will be asking questions that align with the items in the attached Fact Sheet related to Eben’s occupation.   

Vetassess only invite those to the technical interview once they have passed the stage one pathway.  The purpose of the stage one is to confirm the candidate has been working in the occupation claimed – Vetassess believe this to be the case. 

I can only advise that Eben attends the interview and hopefully does well.  The only other alternative would be to cancel the interview and then request a refund – I am not confident that the refund would be granted. 

Please let me know your thoughts.?

• 1 month later...

Hi Toinette, 

How did your husband go with the interview?

I'm very much in the same situation. I'm photocopier tech with 17 years of experiences and would like to try the assessment for Electronic Equipment Trades Worker (342313) since it is more on demand, compared with 342311.

Did he pass the interview? 

Thanks. 

Hi,

unfortunately he didn't pass the Technical interview, we didn't know that the technical interview wont be about printers we were under the impression that it will be all about printers till about a week before the interview. They ask everything based on electronics except for printers. I have a list of what you require for the technical interview.

He can now reapply to take the technical interview on the points that he failed, but its difficult to get info on what exactly he must study now to make sure he pass the interview.

When are you doing the technical interview?

Regards

Toinette 

I'm sorry to hear that.

I applied for 342311 with TRA earlier this month and I'm waiting for the outcome. Problem, as you probably know, is that 342311 is only on South Australia's list for 190 or 489 visa.

But I was really interested if your husband succeeded with the other code. Because this would have been a good option for me too. For 342313 there is 189 visa and 190 for NSW. 

Did your husband do assessment for 342311 at all? 

Regards,

K.

if you apply through TRA for 342311 who does the technical interview then? Our agent said we cant apply for 342311 because my husband does not have the necessary qualification for it. He started this when he left school and only A+ was required back then. What qualification do you have? Are you doing everything yourself or going through an agent?

We don`t want 190 or 489 we want PR from the beginning just makes everything so much easier. Its difficult to get a sponsorship for a photocopier technician no one does sponsors in this field.

Where are you from and when are you guys planning on  moving to Australia?

Regards

I really don't know if there will be or who does a technical interview. 

I have Bachelor degree in engineering physics with sub qualification in electronics and communication. I have no idea if it will be relevant to the one TRA wants, but that's all I have 🙂

I'm doing everything by myself. 

190 is PR visa with full rights. Even though you are sponsored by a State, there is no legal document that bond you to that state. You have a moral obligation not legal one. There are tons of discussions over the internet about this. 

I'm from Bulgaria. If I can say it like this -first things first - if I get a successful skills assessment then I need the nomination and so on. So far no plans. 🙂

Regards

16 minutes ago, kalindd said:

I have Bachelor degree in engineering physics with sub qualification in electronics and communication. I have no idea if it will be relevant to the one TRA wants, but that's all I have 🙂

190 is PR visa with full rights. Even though you are sponsored by a State, there is no legal document that bond you to that state. You have a moral obligation not legal one. There are tons of discussions over the internet about this. 

I'm from Bulgaria. If I can say it like this -first things first - if I get a successful skills assessment then I need the nomination and so on. So far no plans. 🙂

Regards

Actually. States are now having visas cancelled if applicants do no meet their "moral" obligation. I would strongly recommend you assume you are committed to the state. 

I also recommend everyone should use a registered migration agent. A skills assessment does not guarantee a visa. Far from it. Only two weeks ago we had a member with a positive skills assessment refused. I have Sen this over my year on the forum more times than I can count. In every case, a agent would have prevented the refusal. A refusal in not just loss of fee, but potentially even a ban on reapplying 

34 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Actually. States are now having visas cancelled if applicants do no meet their "moral" obligation. I would strongly recommend you assume you are committed to the state. 

I also recommend everyone should use a registered migration agent. A skills assessment does not guarantee a visa. Far from it. Only two weeks ago we had a member with a positive skills assessment refused. I have Sen this over my year on the forum more times than I can count. In every case, a agent would have prevented the refusal. A refusal in not just loss of fee, but potentially even a ban on reapplying 

The comment I shared is my point of view and I don't want to advise anyone to do a wrong thing.

What I wanted to say is that people who apply for 190 should not be afraid of being "locked" to this state. If they find it difficult to get a job, they should seek a release letter from that state and most likely (not always) will get one. I'm not talking about someone that deliberately cheated the system to get a visa. 

I'm well aware that skills assessment does not guarantee you a visa. It is just the start of the visa process.

Can you share the reasons for those refusals?

Thank you. 

Edited by kalindd

Worth remembering that the moral obligation is only 2 years, given most have waited 2 years in the queue anyway a further 2 years in the Aussie warmth getting real experience of the lifestyle in a slightly less than preferred location isn't such a bad thing, is it?

On 03/04/2019 at 20:22, VERYSTORMY said:

Then it is possible this doesn't meet his skills and he could fail the assessment. Have you taken professional advice on this?

On 27/05/2019 at 15:31, kalindd said:

Regards

if you have a sub qualification in Electronics and communication then you should`ve applied for Anzsco 342313 Electronics Equipment Trades Worker i`m sure you will pass that with ease.

Below is unit codes in each section they ask in the Technical interview, but unfortunately there is no study material for this to prepare for the Technical interview. I`ve researched and send mails asking for study material for this but no one can help me. They all say you have to go and study in order to get the study material and my husband cant go and study because he must retake the technical interview in about 10 months.

COMMON UNITS
UEENEEE101A Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
UEENEEE107A Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications*
UEENEEK142A Apply environmentally and sustainable procedures in the energy sector
UEENEEC021B Participate in electronics and communications work and competency development activities
UEENEEE137A Document and apply measures to control OHS risks associated with electro technology work*

ELECTRICAL COMPONENT AND CIRCUIT FUNDAMENTALS
UEENEEE104A Solve problems in d.c. circuits*
UEENEEE102A Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components*

LINEAR AND DIGITAL ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS
UEENEEH102A Repairs basic electronic apparatus faults by replacement of components
UEENEEH139A Troubleshoot basic amplifier circuits*
UEENEEH113A Troubleshoot amplifiers in an electronic apparatus*
UEENEEH112A Troubleshoot digital sub-systems*
UEENEEH111A Troubleshoot single phase input d.c. power supplies*
UEENEEH138A Fault find and repair complex power supplies*
UEENEEH114A Troubleshoot resonance circuits in an electronic apparatus*

COMPUTER AND NETWORK ASSEMBLY, INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
UEENEEE105A Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment*
UEENEED102A Assemble, set-up and test computing devices*
UEENEED146A Set up and configure basic local area network (LAN)*
UEENEED104A Use engineering applications software on personal computers*
UEENEEH166A Troubleshoot microcontroller based hardware systems

COMMUNICATION SYSTEM INSTALLATION AND MODIFICATION
UEENEEF102A Install and maintain cabling for multiple access to telecommunication services
UEENEEH146A Solve fundamental electronic communication system problems*

NOTE: * indicates that a unit requires a pre-requisite/s.

Regards

Hi Toinette, 

Thanks so much for that info. 

You are right, in theory I should get positive assessment even for 342313. But I decided to play it safe. Even if they don't accept my degree, they should consider my experience which is all from very reputable multinational companies in that business area. I was even employed in Australia for 2 year with 457 under the same code 342311. On top of that I turn 40 in 4 months time and I will loose 10 points for age.

That's why I decided to play it safe and apply for 342311.

I just hope for the best. 🙂

Regards,

• 4 months later...

Hi Azooz,

No he didn't attempt the technical interview again after he failed it the 1st time. He actually went and got his Electrical red seal certificate, so now we can apply for skills assessment for the right occupation and he doesn't have to do a technical interview again he will only be assessed with his paperwork and years working experience. 

9 hours ago, Toinette said:

Hi Azooz,

No he didn't attempt the technical interview again after he failed it the 1st time. He actually went and got his Electrical red seal certificate, so now we can apply for skills assessment for the right occupation and he doesn't have to do a technical interview again he will only be assessed with his paperwork and years working experience. 

Hi Toinette,

many thanks for the reply. Any chance I can have your email pls. I am going for the interview in the next month or so I would really appreciate if I can have a chat with him in regards to the interview many thanks. 

On 29/05/2019 at 15:34, Toinette said:

good luck, let me know what the outcome is

Hi everyone. 

Just for everyone's information. 

My application for skill assessment was unsuccessful. Reason:

Qualification not relevant. 

Experience can not substitute formal qualification. 

So even though I had two 457 visas under 342311 code, I am not qualified to immigrate as a professional under 342311. 

Funny isn't it 🙂

Good luck everyone. 

• 1 year later...

Hey, how are you guys? 

How was that? Did you guys get success? 

I will go through this process soon, but I am really concerned after reading the comments and feedback on who did this. I have around 7 years of experience working in SMT. Surface Mount Technology. Doing maintenance, programming SMT machines and looking after the production processes. I would like some help with preparation, advice, tips about what to study exactly.

If someone can help me I would be thankful! 

13 hours ago, Silzemar said:

Hey, how are you guys? 

How was that? Did you guys get success? 

I will go through this process soon, but I am really concerned after reading the comments and feedback on who did this. I have around 7 years of experience working in SMT. Surface Mount Technology. Doing maintenance, programming SMT machines and looking after the production processes. I would like some help with preparation, advice, tips about what to study exactly.

If someone can help me I would be thankful! 

My advice is,  if you don't have the required qualification (degree) don't apply at all. 

Like I wrote qualification can't substitute formal qualification. 

12 hours ago, kalindd said:

My advice is,  if you don't have the required qualification (degree) don't apply at all. 

Like I wrote qualification can't substitute formal qualification. 

I have a mechatronics certificate, It going to be at least equivalent to Certificate IV in Australia.