register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

wrussell

New rules for partner points

20 hours ago, wokeuplikediss said:

QLD now closes all skill visas (189,190,489) until next Financial year (this July). 

I wonder that, will they keep closing it until this new visa launching in November this year? Cause my visa will be expired in September.....

This doesn't even make sense.

On 09/04/2019 at 19:43, 31Hillbury said:

Can you supply a link to where it states Queensland not taking any more 189s until July? 

It is in the website

https://migration.qld.gov.au/latest-news/queensland-business-and-skilled-state-nomination-programs-now-closed/

Queensland has now closed state nomination for all business and skilled visas (submitted through SkillSelect) from today 8 February 2019.

No further invitations will be issued from this date. BSMQ will continue to process applications which have been already invited for state nomination prior to this date until our quota is exhausted.

BSMQ will re-open the State Nomination Program in the new financial year. Please submit a new EOI after the new occupation lists have been released in July. We will not select any submitted EOI’s prior to this time.

On 10/04/2019 at 12:11, Jelly said:

This doesn't even make sense.

IKR.

I live onshore in regional QLD. I just wish they will open in July as I'm now ready to apply and meet all their requirements.

Posted (edited)
On 14/04/2019 at 16:20, wokeuplikediss said:

It is in the website

https://migration.qld.gov.au/latest-news/queensland-business-and-skilled-state-nomination-programs-now-closed/

Queensland has now closed state nomination for all business and skilled visas (submitted through SkillSelect) from today 8 February 2019.

No further invitations will be issued from this date. BSMQ will continue to process applications which have been already invited for state nomination prior to this date until our quota is exhausted.

BSMQ will re-open the State Nomination Program in the new financial year. Please submit a new EOI after the new occupation lists have been released in July. We will not select any submitted EOI’s prior to this time.

I thought the 189 visa was for any state? 

So how can they close one state off? 

Edited by 31Hillbury
Misspelled

I thought the 189 visa was for any state? 
So how can they close one state off? 
They have closed off state nominations only.

Posted (edited)
On 04/04/2019 at 15:25, Raul Senise said:

With the elections around the corner, the Government is announcing changes to Immigration Policy and new visa programs left right and centre.

Only time will tell if any of the announced changes come to fruition.

If we see a change in Government, we will likely see a completely different direction in Immigration Policy.

It is possible that all of the recently announced programs and changes will come to nothing.

With the current government staying in power, we'll see if these November changes and intake cut hold.

Edited by CivCdn

2 hours ago, CivCdn said:

With the current government staying in power, we'll see if these November changes and intake cut hold.

Considering they made the changes, I think they will. They might even cut further. I think any further reform is out the window though, it's 3 more years of accountants/engineers/ICT pro's with 80 pts.

Hi. With the new rules for partner points, does this mean that if your partner is already 45 and above but as long as he/she can demonstrate competent English, then you can still claim the additional 5 points? I asked this because I happen to see the below posting in a site. It seems that for a partner to be "skilled", age and skills must both be satisfied. Does this imply then that if your partner for instance is already 45 and above, then she is no longer considered "skilled" and hence, this satisfies the 5 points to be awarded for "non-skilled" partner? Thanks in advance for those who will answer.

There will be a NEW ordering system for ALL points test applicants as follows 

If all other points claims are equal, invitations for points tested visas will be ranked by the Migration Points Test as described below:

· First – primary applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner

· Equal First – primary applicants without a spouse or de facto partner

· Second – Primary applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who can demonstrate competent English but does not have the skills for skilled partner points (age and skills)

· Third – Primary applicants with a partner who is ineligible for either competent English or Skilled partner points. These applicants will be ranked below all other cohorts, if all other points claims are equal.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2019 at 02:25, Raul Senise said:

With the elections around the corner, the Government is announcing changes to Immigration Policy and new visa programs left right and centre.

Only time will tell if any of the announced changes come to fruition.

If we see a change in Government, we will likely see a completely different direction in Immigration Policy.

It is possible that all of the recently announced programs and changes will come to nothing.

Dear sir,

Is this applicable for Sub class 190? 

I am an admitted Legal Practitioner at Supreme Court of NSW. Do i need to apply for skill assessment letter from LPAB for the occupation Barrister ? 

Regards.

Hi all,

For upcoming 491 visa, what does skilled partner exactly mean?

In which list(s) occupations should match? 

- long term/short term/ROL - OK

- Same territory list as well? I have heard 491 occupations will have one list(?) for all territories. Is it so? 

- Skills assessment providers should match as well (for both, applicant and partner)? 

What else have to be considered not to looses 10 points?

thanks 

On 25/07/2019 at 17:20, Ladok said:

Hi all,

For upcoming 491 visa, what does skilled partner exactly mean?

In which list(s) occupations should match? 

- long term/short term/ROL - OK

- Same territory list as well? I have heard 491 occupations will have one list(?) for all territories. Is it so? 

- Skills assessment providers should match as well (for both, applicant and partner)? 

What else have to be considered not to looses 10 points?

thanks 

What country are you from? 

On 03/08/2019 at 03:31, Canada2Australia said:

What country are you from? 

Georgia