Funny Current ads on Australian tv

starlight7

5 hours ago, Toots said:

Most of the ads are awful but I can't help chuckling when I see this one.  It took a while before I realised it was an ad for Optus.

My wife hates that one. You have to be quick to even realise it's for Optus. Thought it was something to do with fish and chips.

I like the 4 wheel drive ute where he's competing against the goat. Love the goats look when he's at the top of the mountain and the goats stood in the back of the ute. I like the music too. Some sort of American Indian chant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, unzippy said:

KFC's "Bucket, why not"  ads - surprised they got away with that!

I'm seeing more and more of those "close to the knuckle" slogans.  My oh hates them. Not sure how I feel about them. 

BCF is a camping store and their slogan is, "It's BCF'ing fun" 

Nando's has a "WTF $11" offer.  When you look at the detail, WTF stands for Wednesday Thursday Friday, but ...

Grill'd has a campaign around variations on "Don't be a motherfaker.  Eat like a motherlover".   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I'm seeing more and more of those "close to the knuckle" slogans.  My oh hates them. Not sure how I feel about them. 

BCF is a camping store and their slogan is, "It's BCF'ing fun" 

Nando's has a "WTF $11" offer.  When you look at the detail, WTF stands for Wednesday Thursday Friday, but ...

Grill'd has a campaign around variations on "Don't be a motherfaker.  Eat like a motherlover".   

Personally I think it's lazy and childish advertising.  Like when kids learn swear words and think it's big and funny to use them.

• Like 1