Is it a wise idea to buy property now ?

Sigemup

Hi guys,

Is it a wise idea to buy property (house) near Sydney now given the market ? 

Which is the best place to get reliable data on the price trends. I check realestate but not sure it is reliable or what basis it uses to provide the trends ? 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi guys,

Is it a wise idea to buy property (house) near Sydney now given the market ? 

Which is the best place to get reliable data on the price trends. I check realestate but not sure it is reliable or what basis it uses to provide the trends ? 

Thank you

For reliable data try 'CoreLogic Australia' and Martin North's 'Digital Finance Analytics' (see YouTube 'Walk the World'). We have decided not to buy in Australia for the next 12 to 24 months.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

For reliable data try 'CoreLogic Australia' and Martin North's 'Digital Finance Analytics' (see YouTube 'Walk the World'). We have decided not to buy in Australia for the next 12 to 24 months.

Thank you Susie Roo ! 

What do you think about the data / information from propertyvalue.com.au - is it a reliable source to check property investment strategies ? 

I don't know anything about the Sydney market but I'm watching the Melbourne market and imho I can't see prices tanking until there is a rise in interest rates. I gather that the Reserve bank is more likely to cut rates in the next couple of months which will most likely slow the property downturn. So if there's a property that ticks all the boxes I will probably buy. You might want to look at a TV show called Your Money (channel 95) which sometimes has segments on property.

• Like 1