AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 9/27/2017 at 21:08, Sheila said:

overall things are not bad 4 us @Elliot Tsao

In a bigger picture, it is just 5 months since lodgement. Department increased expected time frame 4 a known reason. From the pattern, it is evident that a huge number of applications are pending.

I plan to call DIBP again, should be the 3rd time within 5 weeks, hope get a patient representative 

Edited by Elliot Tsao

35 minutes ago, Elliot Tsao said:

DIBP answered: for tests in June were obviously influenced by the new policy, need to wait longer than normal time. The only thing I suggest you is to wait with patient. 

Called 830am until 852am queue the 1st to ask.

What was meant by the new policy? Did they mean new processing time?

1 minute ago, LauraSmith said:

What was meant by the new policy? Did they mean new processing time?

The new policy is the announcement of so called new policy since 20 April. He explained that due to so called new policy, recent 5 months processing time of tests in June (applicants who logged applications before 20 April) has been influenced be longer than the normal processing time.

No any new processing time, recent half year is just an abnormal or special period. Just this info. 

What we can ONLY do at this stage: Waiting with extremely PATIENT

"People who all are waiting for approval mails, don't press panic button. I believe it should be happening for a reason, most of you guys are aware that DIBP stopped processing applications the people who lodged after April 20th, so only work DIBP have is to process the applications lodged before April 20th and it reported to senate committee that they will close the processing of old applications by Oct end, we should take this as liberals word as government officials follow what potato Dutton tells. if DIBP process all applications and keep with empty hand until new bill passes, can government handles the pressure from opposition, other communities and common people? It has slowed down the process till new law passes, it would get pile of applications from Oct 19th to process, so they will try to close the old ones by end of Oct, So wait for another 30 days everything will be all right. "

Another opinion

22 hours ago, Elliot Tsao said:

The new policy is the announcement of so called new policy since 20 April. He explained that due to so called new policy, recent 5 months processing time of tests in June (applicants who logged applications before 20 April) has been influenced be longer than the normal processing time.

No any new processing time, recent half year is just an abnormal or special period. Just this info. 

What we can ONLY do at this stage: Waiting with extremely PATIENT

Does this mean that the average processing time between test and decision 5 months?  Would you please clarify your words "recent 5 months processing time of tests in June". I had my test in July so do not expect a decision before December.

17 hours ago, Sheila said:

"People who all are waiting for approval mails, don't press panic button. I believe it should be happening for a reason, most of you guys are aware that DIBP stopped processing applications the people who lodged after April 20th, so only work DIBP have is to process the applications lodged before April 20th and it reported to senate committee that they will close the processing of old applications by Oct end, we should take this as liberals word as government officials follow what potato Dutton tells. if DIBP process all applications and keep with empty hand until new bill passes, can government handles the pressure from opposition, other communities and common people? It has slowed down the process till new law passes, it would get pile of applications from Oct 19th to process, so they will try to close the old ones by end of Oct, So wait for another 30 days everything will be all right. "

Another opinion

Where did you find this perspective? Is It an official one!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LauraSmith said:

Does this mean that the average processing time between test and decision 5 months?  Would you please clarify your words "recent 5 months processing time of tests in June". I had my test in July so do not expect a decision before December.

Hi,  "recent 5 months processing time of tests in June" is said by the DIBP representative who answered me yesterday morning. 

What he explained to me is that 'recent 5 mths of debating new policy bill' has a significant influence to applicants who did tests in June. He thought that 'the only thing you tests in June can do is keeping waiting. Once approved, an official mail of approval letter will be issued and sent to your home address. If no this so called new policy debate, June tests can be processed within a normal period, not this too long period.'

• Like 1

That is correct Elliot, as there is definitely something unusual.  As the whole system is working differently as compared to 6 months ago. The previous pattern was more waiting time after approval letters and before ceremonies.

Edited by Sheila

1 minute ago, Sheila said:

That is correct Elliot, as there is definitely something unusual.  As the whole system is working differently as compared to 6 months ago. The previous pattern was more waiting time after approval letters and before ceremonies.

Thx Sheila. I suggest we can temporarily forget this letter just for one month, a potential 'surprise' may happen suddenly at an exact date. LOL~

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheila said:

All indicators pointing towards end of October, 1-month Dementia would be helpful:)

lol~ make ourselves busier than ever before so we can forget this thing. Move focus to another important things.

ps, I just wanna if possible, once approved at the end of October, I can be allocated to one of any other councils within this year. Each of neighbour councils has a ceremony every month from Oct to Dec. It could be my final chance in this year. 

Edited by Elliot Tsao
add more info
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheila said:

someone in another forum posted her update that she received an approval letter on 5th October dated 26 September- test date 22 June. State council  not mentioned

WOW~~ really excellent news during this 'Dementia Period'. Best Congrats to her. Our letters may come soon. :P

Again, really regretted to lodge it 1.5 mths later than the first eligible data:(

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

sorry to weigh in late. Here is our timeline:

Application Date: 04/04/17

test Date: 25/07/17

approval: 01/08/17

invitation letter: 03/10/17

ceremony: 30/10/17

council: Brisbane 

Hope this helps. All the best.

Hey Brisbane friends, I really really envy you guys~[emoji14]
Big congratulations to ur Aussie citizenship and passport soon. 
Slow Melbourne, Longer waiting

LOL - Weather is not the only thing we’ve got the upper hand on ;) Also, being a migration agent myself helps! Hope you’d join us in celebrating soon.

Talking about passports, the ceremony invitation letter “recommends” that we wait for 10 business days before making the passport application. Has anyone else had that on their letter? Wondering what is the connection there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, abhvor87700 said:

LOL - Weather is not the only thing we’ve got the upper hand on ;) Also, being a migration agent myself helps! Hope you’d join us in celebrating soon.

Talking about passports, the ceremony invitation letter “recommends” that we wait for 10 business days before making the passport application. Has anyone else had that on their letter? Wondering what is the connection there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you be a migration agent if you are not yet a citizen?