AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

That has nothing to do with you or any other person waiting for the ceremony from Darebin Council. It is immi's responsibility to adjust you with neighbouring councils or Melbourne CBD for the upcoming ceremony.

Once you get your approval letter, call immigration and ask about your ceremony invitation letter and the venue of the ceremony.

Nothing to worry..!!

23 minutes ago, Sheila said:

That has nothing to do with you or any other person waiting for the ceremony from Darebin Council. It is immi's responsibility to adjust you with neighbouring councils or Melbourne CBD for the upcoming ceremony.

Once you get your approval letter, call immigration and ask about your ceremony invitation letter and the venue of the ceremony.

Nothing to worry..!!

Yep, I just worry about if we are merged to the neighbouring council or Mel CBD, plus each of councils original people, may be longer ...  

On 13/09/2017 at 22:03, shash121 said:

Hi Deeppreet,
How long did the council take to organize the ceremony after you talked to them?
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi sheila 

They do have meeting in every end of month so they Organise in next meeting as soon as they get the certificate.

News update: 

I called DIBP, a gentleman answered me with patient: 

1. My application still in processing, need to wait, may not be too long......

2. About my local council's preside over ceremony been revoked by DIBP, I may be allocated to a near council which has more population (applicants) waiting for ceremony, or I wait message from DIBP to directly allocate me in Mel CBD or not.

My comments about this enquiry call: 

Overall, good attitude with patient

Still wait for the letter with a strong psychological quality and PATIENT!

Nothing to be worried about ceremony venue

1 hour ago, Elliot Tsao said:

News update: 

I called DIBP, a gentleman answered me with patient: 

1. My application still in processing, need to wait, may not be too long......

2. About my local council's preside over ceremony been revoked by DIBP, I may be allocated to a near council which has more population (applicants) waiting for ceremony, or I wait message from DIBP to directly allocate me in Mel CBD or not.

My comments about this enquiry call: 

Overall, good attitude with patient

Still wait for the letter with a strong psychological quality and PATIENT!

Nothing to be worried about ceremony venue

may not be too long...  Have they told when to call again or how many weeks etc. Did they ask for your client ID? I mean did they actually looked into your file ?

Guest Guest226914

Hi all, I applied for citizenship in Jan and did my test (and passed) about a month ago. I haven't heard anything since. Is this normal? I haven't read the whole thread but I'm getting the vibe that they are very slow at the moment. Is this right?

27 minutes ago, george8181 said:

Hi all, I applied for citizenship in Jan and did my test (and passed) about a month ago. I haven't heard anything since. Is this normal? I haven't read the whole thread but I'm getting the vibe that they are very slow at the moment. Is this right?

Hi mate, please be patient at this moment. I passed test on 22 Jun, today is the 87th day after test to wait for the Approval letter. 

• Like 1

Guest Guest226914
Hi mate, please be patient at this moment. I passed test on 22 Jun, today is the 87th day after test to wait for the Approval letter. 

What's the reason for it taking so long? It used to take between 1-2 weeks after test to get the approval letter.

2 hours ago, george8181 said:

What's the reason for it taking so long? It used to take between 1-2 weeks after test to get the approval letter.

I reckon it is due to so called April new policy announcement and DIBP waiting for parliament final decision. For we applied bf 20 Apr, DIBP staff just slow down (also due to staff layoff. 

ps, applicants who are in Perth and Sydney may the fastest within this nation, Mel is always slowest... wanna cry

• Like 1

We had a detailed discussion on the forum and some other forums about the reason for this delay

-   Please google article - Hundreds of public servants face sack as Immigration outsources visa centres

- Change of rules drama really shook the processing time for all the visas including Citizenships. 189 visa was around 6 months now it is 11- 15 months.

- After 20 April applications are now frozen that results into not enough people for ceremonies and lot of ceremonies are cancelled.

- The processing time of citizenship was 75 days which now is gone up to 13 months. it means, immigration has anticipated this delay and updated the processing times. This is not something unexpected but known to immigration and they have taken approval to publish the changed time frame on the website.

- There is a possibility that they also changed the process of finalising application which may be more time taking now.

Edited by Sheila

Guest Guest226914

The whole thing is ridiculous. The amount of money we pay in visas, medical exams, police checks plus citizenship, you would expect a better service. Especially when citizenship is straightforward compared to visas. It's going to be about 2 years from application by the time I get it by the sounds of it

23 minutes ago, george8181 said:

The whole thing is ridiculous. The amount of money we pay in visas, medical exams, police checks plus citizenship, you would expect a better service. Especially when citizenship is straightforward compared to visas. It's going to be about 2 years from application by the time I get it by the sounds of it

Totally agree 

Guest Guest226914
We had a detailed discussion on the forum and some other forums about the reason for this delay
-   Please google article - Hundreds of public servants face sack as Immigration outsources visa centres
- Change of rules drama really shook the processing time for all the visas including Citizenships. 189 visa was around 6 months now it is 11- 15 months.
- After 20 April applications are now frozen that results into not enough people for ceremonies and lot of ceremonies are cancelled.
- The processing time of citizenship was 75 days which now is gone up to 13 months. it means, immigration has anticipated this delay and updated the processing times. This is not something unexpected but known to immigration and they have taken approval to publish the changed time frame on the website.
- There is a possibility that they also changed the process of finalising application which may be more time taking now.

Do you mean 13 months from start to finish or 13 months from date of test?

13 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Immi updated time from 13 months to 14 months.....!! Something happening..Poor planning.

This level of service is very frustrating. I really do not understand the true reason behind this extended delays. Although I believe that all applications from 20 April 2017 are on hold which in turn should reduce the processing time of current processed applications. 

• Like 1