AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

4 minutes ago, Avireddy said:

Hi jersey beans

Did you get your ceremony date i live in moreton bay region as well

Got my approval letter on 25-07-17

Hi Avireddy

Not yet, my hubby still hasn't had his approval letter and we took the test on the same day.  He's beginning to get paranoid :)

Our applications are linked for a ceremony together, so i'm waiting on his approval.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, unicornlover said:

Hi,

I applied for my citizenship in Dec 2016. I've heard nothing... am I missing something? I keep checking on my immiaccount but I can't see anything changing. 

Anyone else in the same boat or know what I should check?

Thanks!

Hi unicornlover, once application submitted, it won't change before the ceremony. You should call DIBP on 131 880 to ask a Customer Service representative about your application proress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, unicornlover said:

Hi,

I applied for my citizenship in Dec 2016. I've heard nothing... am I missing something? I keep checking on my immiaccount but I can't see anything changing. 

Anyone else in the same boat or know what I should check?

Thanks!

Did you complete the Citizenship test or not yet?

Edited by Sheila

On 01/08/2017 at 22:37, claireg said:

Got my approval letter in post today dated 26th July, 1 day after my interview & test.  Approval letter came from ACT.   Wasn't expecting it so quick after seeing how long people are waiting .  Says to allow 6 months for invitation to ceremony.   I think my local council have them every 2-3 months.  

Hi you can go to your local council with copy of approval letter then they will call the immigration for your certificate and will arrange your ceremony soon instead to waiting for them to send you invitation. That's what i did. I am in Nsw great region.

Hi

Everyone My citizenship timeline is:

Application submitted: 27/3/2017 online

Application received:  27/3/2017

Test date received : 21/4/2017

Test date : 4/5/2017 (passed)

Approval Letter:  19/7/2017

Ceremony : on 28/9/2017

Ceremony letter received: 22/8/2017

Finally wait is over 

Was waiting for ceremony invitation from local council then my friend told me go to local council with approval letter and they will arrange the ceremony date which is first available. Council  rang next day and said 28/9/2017 next available date and they called immigration already about certificate to post.

But still waiting for my Husband Approval Letter. Rang immi already 2 times they said application still in processing.

His timeline is:

Application submitted: 27/3/2017 online

Application received:  27/3/2017

Test date received : 27/4/2017

Test date : 10/5/2017 (passed)

Approval Letter:  

ceremony : 

Thanks

Edited by Deeppreet
N
  • Like 1