AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, Sheila said:

A lot of applicants who appeared in test June or July are still waiting for the approval letter. I guess the applications are in a queue to be allocated to Case officers.

Atleast you all have done your test and I still have to give which is in next week so I don't know how long it will delay for august applications.
Anyway Sheila finger cross for you all who are waiting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheila said:

Same here, I did test 23 June. So we are in the same boat. Hopefully, A Letters will be coming in a couple of weeks. 

Aha~  my current passport has actually expired (less than 6 mth to expiration date) so I cannot go abroad before whenever getting Oz passport ....

• Like 1

I keep looking out to see when Elliot and Shiela come good with their approvals. We did say the test within days of each other. I'm waiting for the ceremony now and I'm suspecting it's going to be a long wait! Was hoping to go on holiday at Christmas as an Aussie...but I'm thinking that's going to be next years treat. I have one friend who sat exam in May and still waiting for approval and another who got approval in May but still no ceremony - both in Melbourne. Good luck all...it's a slow waiting game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Of course you can, just renew your passport. 

Hi Nemesis, actually, according to the Chinese policy on foreign affairs, someone's current Chinese passport's expiration date less than 6 mth, if I need to renew passport, a proof document from DIBP is required to show me not an Aussie or not applying for or waiting an Aussie Citizenship.  So, my current CHN passport is now only used for a Photo ID not for a travel docu....  

• Like 1

Just now, Sheila said:

ohh that is a strange rule

Sheila, yep. It not only a strange, but ridiculous rule. Just like last mth, I need to get an overseas notarisation docu to post to my grandma... the CHN Consultant-General in Mel requires that 'For Chinese in OZ with a PR Visa must to get a VEVO letter to show your current PR Visa Status, and must within the three days prior to come here to apply for an overseas notarisation.   Really feel heart-tired and wanna cry~~~

• Sad 1

Yes-  Around 50% applicants received approval letter  so after after our test, so we are in normal time..!!

Test date------Approvel letter received

22 Jun 2017 TBA
23 Jun 2017 25 Jul 2017
23 Jun 2017 TBA
27 Jun 2017 TBA
29 Jun 2017 21 Jul 2017
30 Jun 2017 29 Jul 2017
04 Jul 2017 TBA
05 July 2017 01 Aug 2017
05 July 2017 09 Aug 2017
05 Jul 2017 TBA
05 Jul 2017 TBA