AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi Everyone,

I have applied citizenship on 19 august 2016, Got invited for citizenship test for 4 oct 2016 in canberra. Its been 5 weeks now, since I've had passed my test. I am still waiting for my approval letter. Two of my friends received the approval letter in less than two weeks. My online status is still same ''application received''. No updates what so ever. I called the department and they advised me its still in processing and May take up to 8 weeks?? ITS been 80 days already since i lodged my application. As per the immigration website timeframe, which is 80 calendar days, they should have process it by now. Does anyone had any delays getting their approval letter. what should be the circumstances. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I have applied citizenship on 19 august 2016, Got invited for citizenship test for 4 oct 2016 in canberra. Its been 5 weeks now, since I've had passed my test. I am still waiting for my approval letter. Two of my friends received the approval letter in less than two weeks. My online status is still same ''application received''. No updates what so ever. I called the department and they advised me its still in processing and May take up to 8 weeks?? ITS been 80 days already since i lodged my application. As per the immigration website timeframe, which is 80 calendar days, they should have process it by now. Does anyone had any delays getting their approval letter. what should be the circumstances. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

They can take more than a year too. One of my friend is waiting since dec last year.The best advice is to sit and watch.they will take their time.dnt worry u ll get urs soon.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Melbourne Time Line....

Applied: 4 October 2016 (Online)

Council: City Of Casey (Melbourne)

Original test date: 9 Feb 17 (but managed to change to 4th November 2016)

Test date: 4th November 2016 (Passed 100%)

Approval: ??

Ceremony: ???

* Told by immi officer at my test appointment that Melbourne has a long wait time for citizenships - He had been advised to expect wait times of 4-6months for a ceremony date post test appointment! - Let the wait begin.....

Hi all,

Received my letter for the ceremony this morning. woohoo!

My updated timeline is:

Applied: 27/04/16

Council: Townsville

Test date: 13/07/16

Approval date: 15/07/16

Ceremony: 24/11/16 (letter received today on the 9/11 dated 4/11)

everyone else who's still waiting hang in there. it's a long and a frustrating road that tests your patience lol but you'all get there in the end. I'll post once my ceremony is over and also once I receive my passport. :-)

Hi all,

Received my letter for the ceremony this morning. woohoo!

My updated timeline is:

Applied: 27/04/16

Council: Townsville

Test date: 13/07/16

Approval date: 15/07/16

Ceremony: 24/11/16 (letter received today on the 9/11 dated 4/11)

everyone else who's still waiting hang in there. it's a long and a frustrating road that tests your patience lol but you'all get there in the end. I'll post once my ceremony is over and also once I receive my passport. :-)

Congrts chandni..Finally the long journey has come to an end. Apply for ur passport staright away.it wont take long for tht.i received mine within a week.god bless u.thanks for the support throughtout the long lasting journey

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Please find below my updated timelime.

1. Date Applied: 09/07/2016

2. City/Council Area: Sunshine Coast

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date Received the Acknowledgement Email: 09/07/2016

5. Date Received the Citizenship Test Email: 21/09/2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/11/2016 - Passed 100%

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

Was told at test to expect to hear something in about 6 weeks.

Regards,

Melbourne Time Line....

Approval: ??

* Told by immi officer at my test appointment that Melbourne has a long wait time for citizenships - He had been advised to expect wait times of 4-6months for a ceremony date post test appointment! - Let the wait begin.....

Updated time line!

Approval: 4th November 2016 (Just called DIPB & was told approval granted on same day as test, and to keep eye out for snail mail letter)!

Edited by Brummygirl

Hi Everyone,

Hi everyone, My citizenship has been approved on 9 nov. I got approval letter today. Get citizenship date 21st dec. But I request them to change it to 21st nov. Happy days...pp:wink:

1. Date applied: 20/07/2016
  2. City/Council area: Bunbury WA
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 20/07/2016
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: TBA
  6. Date of ceremony: TBA
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

Hi all, I applied in July and still haven't heard anything.

Cheers

My Timelines are below: UPDATED. Finally ceremony date has been allocated.

Date applied: 21/07/2016

Council: Greater Dandenong

Online/Paper: Online

Acknowledgement Email: 21/07/2016

Citizenship Test: 29/08/2016 (Initially it was scheduled for 27/09/2016)

Date of Approval: 29/08/2016

Date of Ceremony: 07/12/2016 (Letter received on 11/11/2016)

Edited by DranP
typo error