AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi guys, im going to apply for my citizenship in a few days. My gp agreed to fo my identity dec. im just worried if hes busy and does not return the call back... does immi dec call and check? And anyone from perth know the current wait times inperth Atm? Thanks in advance

Immi doesn't do calls to comfirm.so dnt worry.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

BTW here are my timelines

1. Date applied: 14 August 2016

2. City/Council area: Cockburn Council, Wa

3. Online/Paper: Online

4. Date received acknowledgement: 14 August

5. Date of Citizenship Test: 18 october 2016

6. Approval letter: 24 october 2016

7. Date of ceremony:26/1/17

8. Type of ceremony: Normal

2. City/Council area: Cockburn Council, Wa

3. Online/Paper: Online

4. Date received acknowledgement: 14 August

Congratulations.

I took my test last Tuesday. Yet to receive a letter. Is yours dated 24th or 18th?

My updated timeline

Applied: 13 September 216 (paper application)

council: Blacktown (Sydney)

payment charged : 19 October 2016

Email test: 19 October 2016

Original test date: 16 Feb 17 (but lucky managed to get an earlier spot on 01 December 2016)

Test date: 01 December 2016

approval: ??

ceremony: ???

Congratulations!

Presumably you sat your test in Perth? I sat mine in August and am yet to hear anything. Another poster on here sat at the beginning of August and heard only a week or so ago.

Nice to see such equal handed and transparent processing in WA lol.

It'll be a great Australia Day, though - Enjoy!

Congratulations!

Presumably you sat your test in Perth? I sat mine in August and am yet to hear anything. Another poster on here sat at the beginning of August and heard only a week or so ago.

Nice to see such equal handed and transparent processing in WA lol.

It'll be a great Australia Day, though - Enjoy!

i think it depends on the Council as well.

i think it depends on the Council as well.

Hi Nani,

What makes you think this?

Clearly, the council impacts on the timing of the ceremony, as the number of events and invites per event is totally within their control.

But in relation to the actual approval of a citizenship application, it would surprise me greatly if internal DIBP processes involved local government. Surely this is purely a matter for the particular office of the federal DIBP?

Thanks

Hi Nani,

What makes you think this?

Clearly, the council impacts on the timing of the ceremony, as the number of events and invites per event is totally within their control.

But in relation to the actual approval of a citizenship application, it would surprise me greatly if internal DIBP processes involved local government. Surely this is purely a matter for the particular office of the federal DIBP?

Thanks

i thought you were waiting for ceremony .

If you didn't hear from DIBP then it's definitely because of case officer.

hope you will hear soon

Date applied: 10/08/2016

City/Council area: Parramatta, Sydney

Online / Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 10/08/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test: 25/10/2016

Date of Approval: 31/10/2016 Dated 25/10/2016

Date of ceremony: ?

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

Edited by mansawant
Typo

I applied online on 28th June 2016 I am in regional WA. After being told some weeks ago on the phone all was fine with my application today I received an email asking for more info: copy of Medicare card and copies of a second passport for my kids (my kids have dual citizenship). I called to confirm how to provide the extra information as the email gave a postal address but as I applied online the lady said I could add it to my online application and then reply to the email to let the case officer know. I have done all this but feel pretty disappointed it's taken 4 months to get to this point. No hope of a citizenship test this year apparently has anyone else had a similar experience as in being asked for further info by post when you have applied online?

I applied online on 28th June 2016 I am in regional WA. After being told some weeks ago on the phone all was fine with my application today I received an email asking for more info: copy of Medicare card and copies of a second passport for my kids (my kids have dual citizenship). I called to confirm how to provide the extra information as the email gave a postal address but as I applied online the lady said I could add it to my online application and then reply to the email to let the case officer know. I have done all this but feel pretty disappointed it's taken 4 months to get to this point. No hope of a citizenship test this year apparently has anyone else had a similar experience as in being asked for further info by post when you have applied online?

I received a reply to my email, they are now asking for form 1195 and photo. I've already submitted this to my online application in June and it's showing as received. I replied to advise this but am puzzled.

I received a reply to my email, they are now asking for form 1195 and photo. I've already submitted this to my online application in June and it's showing as received. I replied to advise this but am puzzled.

It turns out my form 1195 was filled in wrong. I have been asked to fill it in correctly and send it by post. Has anyone else who applied online sent their form 1195 in by post?

Yep. As long as you've filled in the correct reference number there should be no issues with linking the 1195 to your application

Thanks. It just doesn't make sense that I can no longer add it to my online application that is suddenly has to be posted when it doesn't say that on the form. The last few hurdles eh!

Not long for you now Tooz. Exciting.

Hey @leanie sorry to hear about your woes with the application process. The application does seem unnecessarily long for what seems like information they already have.

My approval letter came through. Now for the last step, wait for the council to book me into a ceremony.

Hey @leanie sorry to hear about your woes with the application process. The application does seem unnecessarily long for what seems like information they already have.

My approval letter came through. Now for the last step, wait for the council to book me into a ceremony.

hi Tooz so great your letter came through you're almost there. Was it plain sailing for your application? I'm not really sure why mine has taken so long hopefully I'll get to do my test soon though. I've sent them the 1195 form in the post as requested, fingers crossed.

hi Tooz so great your letter came through you're almost there. Was it plain sailing for your application? I'm not really sure why mine has taken so long hopefully I'll get to do my test soon though. I've sent them the 1195 form in the post as requested, fingers crossed.

Except for the tedious application form and long delay for the test date. It was smooth sailing.

Fingers crossed for you to get a test date soon.