1. Date applied: 14 July 2016

2. City/Council area: Banyule Council, VIC

3. Online/Paper: Online

4. Date received acknowledgement: 14 July 2016

5. Date of Citizenship Test: 20 sept 2016

6. Approval letter: 21 sept 2016

7. Date of ceremony: TBA

8. Type of ceremony: Normal

Thanks Simran,I entered the country with my previous passport -which i dont have now.

Any how i have attached my current passport.

They did copy mine. But i think u should not have any problem.keep the birth certificate ready.they can check when did you enter aus.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Simran-I dont have the previous passport with me now.

I am bit worried about the CO-on the appointment day.

Also do they just check the originals or do they make a copy of all the originals?

Hi...

I had the similar issue as the stamp to show as a proof of my first arrival in Australia was in my previous passport. Fortunately I have old passport with me. Hence at the time of my online application, I answered "YES" for regarding question and later attached the scan image of that stamp page from previous passport. Ok so, last week I had my test appointment and before the test Case Officer asked all the original documents that I had already attached their scanned copies. They ask those original documentsjust not to see but they take them to scan and later give them back to you. So I started giving him documents one by one whichever he asked for. He did not request anything about previous passport so I asked him exactly this, "The stamp to show my first arrival in Australia is in my previous passport, do you also need that?" He said, "Naah...Don't worry about that." So basically all I can predict is that you should be alright as you have clearly mentioned "NO" to that question and I GUESS they wont ask you to provide any proof about your first arrival. icon10.png

Thats correct. They don't ask for the old passport, as all the entry and exit would be noted and available in their system. Infact they have pics of us that was taken everytime when we enter Australia too. My CO was showing my pic which was like 4 years old :D

So dont need to worry about that..

Thanks for the reply Simran-I dont have the previous passport with me now.

I am bit worried about the CO-on the appointment day.

Also do they just check the originals or do they make a copy of all the originals?

Yes, they do ask for originals and make a photo copy. But they don't ask for the old passport, as all the entry and exit would be noted and available in their system. I took my old passport and they said its not required, as they could see the entries in the system.

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timelines.

My timelines -

Date applied:27/06/2016

City/Council area:parramatta

Online / Paper:online

Date received the acknowledgement email:27/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test:19/07/2016

Date of approval :25/07/2016

Date of ceremony:07/11/2016

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal):normal

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timelines.

My timelines -

Date applied:27/06/2016

City/Council area:parramatta

Online / Paper:online

Date received the acknowledgement email:27/06/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test:19/07/2016

Date of approval :25/07/2016

Date of ceremony:07/11/2016

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal):normal

Hi , May I ask how much time it took to complete the process including test. I know the test is 45 minutes but how long it takes to verify the documents. My appointment is at 2pm at Parramatta but wondering whether it will finish by 3pm considering 30 minutes for test.

Thanks...

Hi , May I ask how much time it took to complete the process including test. I know the test is 45 minutes but how long it takes to verify the documents. My appointment is at 2pm at Parramatta but wondering whether it will finish by 3pm considering 30 minutes for test.

Thanks...

Ha ha it takes only 2 min for the test. Not much time to verify documents. But sometimes we needs to wait for our turn.

Thanks...

Hi Mansawant, If the Perth experience is anything to go by, your appointment time only means the time you can start waiting at the interview centre. You will take a numbered ticket and wait for a CO to become available, like at a deli counter.

I was there for closer to two hours. I would very much doubt you would be done in one.

I am hoping it won't be longer as I have to pickup son from school or I have to arrange for someone else to pick him up.

I think id arrange someone to pick him up, if you dont get in bang on time, then you do the test ,then onto an officer for paperwork checks ,i honestly think you will be pushing it to do a 3pm school pick up.

Cal x

I am hoping it won't be longer as I have to pickup son from school or I have to arrange for someone else to pick him up.

The appointment for verification and test wont take much time. But the waiting time to see the CO may vary. I would say, better look for alternate arrangements to pick your son.

After a three month wait from application to test, I'm now into week eight following passing the test and have heard nothing.

This seems uncommon but not unheard of?

Hi Sigh

I had a similar issue.

Sat for the test on 9th Aug 2016 at Perth office.

Only received my letter on 10th Oct 2016!!

Apparently background checks are done at random files.

Should get yours soon my friend....

You need to attend the Ceremony. If you dont have citizenship certificate you are not a citizen.

RIGHT you need to attend ceremony to become aus citizen.

WRONG once you attend the ceremony you are aus citizen even if they dnt give you the certificate.

Sometimes they post it to you later.

The appointment for verification and test wont take much time. But the waiting time to see the CO may vary. I would say, better look for alternate arrangements to pick your son.

Luckily finished interview and test in 45 minutes including 20 minutes wait for interview.

Thanks everyone...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

RIGHT you need to attend ceremony to become aus citizen.

WRONG once you attend the ceremony you are aus citizen even if they dnt give you the certificate.

Sometimes they post it to you later.

i mean to say if we dont have Citizenship certificate , we can not apply for passport and there wont be any official document with us .