Hi to all my update to our application:

-Melbourne-

september 20 - paper application posted

october 3- received an email frim immigration with appointment test schedule

January 13, 2017 - appointment / test schedule

Passport received guys.thats the end of the story...cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hey Simran,

Congrats :-) Must feel amazing to have it all done and dusted. Did you apply as a priority processing? (Only asking because I will have to go mail the application as well and receive it back in mail).

No. I applied at post office. They said it will take approximately 3 weeks.but i get within a week

Its been six days since I gave test (last Thursday 13/10) and was told by kind case officer that application has been approved and I would get a letter by post.

But I havent received any approval letter :(

How much time does it usually takes?

Edited by citiapp

Hi,

I have a quick question to whoever has their process already approved and has submitted the paperwork online.

Does the status of the process changes prior receiving the letter of approval, or there is a lag in time?

Are we able to see if the application has been approved and when online?

Clarification will be appreciated.

Regards,

Hi,

I have a quick question to whoever has their process already approved and has submitted the paperwork online.

Does the status of the process changes prior receiving the letter of approval, or there is a lag in time?

Regards,

I cannot see any change in the on-line system yet. Even though case officer told me that app is being approved.

I am also interested in getting some other opinions ...

Edited by citiapp

Hi,

Regards,

I believe it changes only after you have attended your ceremony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, how much time does the approval letter normally takes after test?

The letters are printed and sent from Canberra. It took more than two weeks for my friend to receive it.

Apparently, its not a big deal whether you receive it or not, as long as your CO has confirmed it. Also, the status of the application remains same throughout. So don't bother much about the status in the application. You should receive the letter sooner

Reason for my question was that when I went to do the test my information at the time hadn't be assessed.

I did the test little over a month ago and still havent received the outcome.

I have already called the department and was told they have 8 months to assess the case. My application was submitted in June, and my test done in September. I continue going to the site and the status is the same.

Cheers,

Hi,

Regards,

As I mentioned in my post, I did the test and the information at the time hadn't been assessed.

After a three month wait from application to test, I'm now into week eight following passing the test and have heard nothing. It is already 13 weeks since I submitted the application and 5 weeks I was called to complete the test.

My situation is similar to yours. I haven't received anything yet.

Cheers

This seems uncommon but not unheard of?

Do we need any overseas police check or federal police checks to apply for citizenship?

They do the federal police check. But if you have traveled outside Australia while you were a permanent resident for more than 90 days. Then they might ask to get one for the country you have traveled.

Hello everyone,

Having my appointment/test next month-I entered the country with my previous passport(ages ago).

I do not have it with me now.what can i do in this situation.

Anyone who has done the test could possibly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

Having my appointment/test next month-I entered the country with my previous passport(ages ago).

I do not have it with me now.what can i do in this situation.

Anyone who has done the test could possibly help me.

Thanks in advance.

What "Evidence of first arrival in Australia" did you provide when you applied for citizenship? Or you had that passport at the time of application and you don't now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi catalyst2012,

In the application I answered -"No" for the- Do have evidence for first arrival.

But i have attached a copy of my current passport for evidence of citizenship.

You can provide with the stamp on the passport of ur first arrival