AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi just want to ask something, i hope somebody will help me, i just applied for citizenship ( paper application) ive submitted the following docs:

birth cert

passport

australian drivers lic

marriage certificate

- my question is that i wasnt able to provide utility bills for my proof of address but my Australian drivers licence has my address on it, is that sufficient enough? Thank you

Hi Leah28, do you mind provide me with your timeline? I also applied paper and haven't heard anything since, even the payment (credit card) has not been charged either and when I called them, they said up till my credit card is deducted, the application is yet to be registered in the system... its really slow and frustrating .. feels like I wanna to re apply online again.

Hi Leah28, do you mind provide me with your timeline? I also applied paper and haven't heard anything since, even the payment (credit card) has not been charged either and when I called them, they said up till my credit card is deducted, the application is yet to be registered in the system... its really slow and frustrating .. feels like I wanna to re apply online again.

hi! I just mailed my application last tuesday 20/09/16 so once i've heard something from them i will let you know, hopefully next week, fingers crossed, im also regretting why i did a paper application because in online application you can always check your progress in your immi account, when did you send them your application?

hi! I just mailed my application last tuesday 20/09/16 so once i've heard something from them i will let you know, hopefully next week, fingers crossed, im also regretting why i did a paper application because in online application you can always check your progress in your immi account, when did you send them your application?

Thanks Leah28.. we are pretty much on the same boat .. I posted my application and received (as per the express post tracking) 12 sept .. nothing ever received and my cc also has not been charged.. I called them and sorry to give you the bad news .. the lady from immigration told me that if you applied online .. once you submitted the information is recorded in their system straight away, while if you posted .. someone from their office needs to manually record the application form to their system and once they are doing that they will charge your credit card ... :(( .. since then my credit card has not been charged .. silly me too .. I really regretted posted my application while if you applied online, they responded within 10 working days (mostly) ... good news is ... you are still not be able to check your application even if you applied online.. not for citizenship (the lady said).

which suburb or council do you live??

heard from someone that he applied posted and waited for 2 weeks, then she applied online.. and received the citizenship test email date within a week and past the test within 2 months... and then he received the call from immigration wondering why they have their paper application while he already passed the test (yes it took them 2 months just to register our paper application form into their system) .. maybe we should re apply online now

Thanks Leah28.. we are pretty much on the same boat .. I posted my application and received (as per the express post tracking) 12 sept .. nothing ever received and my cc also has not been charged.. I called them and sorry to give you the bad news .. the lady from immigration told me that if you applied online .. once you submitted the information is recorded in their system straight away, while if you posted .. someone from their office needs to manually record the application form to their system and once they are doing that they will charge your credit card ... :(( .. since then my credit card has not been charged .. silly me too .. I really regretted posted my application while if you applied online, they responded within 10 working days (mostly) ... good news is ... you are still not be able to check your application even if you applied online.. not for citizenship (the lady said).

which suburb or council do you live??

heard from someone that he applied posted and waited for 2 weeks, then she applied online.. and received the citizenship test email date within a week and past the test within 2 months... and then he received the call from immigration wondering why they have their paper application while he already passed the test (yes it took them 2 months just to register our paper application form into their system) .. maybe we should re apply online now

oh that's not a good idea at all doing paper application :( but my nephew i reckon it took about 2 weeks and he saw hi cc been deducted, he did paper application as well, is is possible to make online application even if we did paper application? What if it becomes double application? Im from Hume City council. How about you?

oh that's not a good idea at all doing paper application :( but my nephew i reckon it took about 2 weeks and he saw hi cc been deducted, he did paper application as well, is is possible to make online application even if we did paper application? What if it becomes double application? Im from Hume City council. How about you?

OO so you are from Melbourne?? not sure about Melbourne.. but Sydney is crazy .. the line up is unbelievable and especially from my council ... best of luck leah28 .. can you please keep me posted with your progression.. thanks

Ok so finally some decent answer from the Passport office, they are closed from 24-27 Dec and 31-3 Dec/Jan. Anybody travelling around that time should have no problems with their passports and the last day they can issue a passport before Xmas is 23 Dec. Otherwise we'll have to wait until the 28th. Hope this helps everyone thinking of travelling in Dec.

OO so you are from Melbourne?? not sure about Melbourne.. but Sydney is crazy .. the line up is unbelievable and especially from my council ... best of luck leah28 .. can you please keep me posted with your progression.. thanks

yes im from Melbourne, lets see if thats make a difference in regards with the processing, im crossing my fingers for it hopefully i receive a reply from them next week, if not lm going to call them, i hope you hear from them soon, waiting game is very overwhelming isn't, goodluck!

Actually you need a professional advice from a migration lawyer. And yes if the immigration get to know that you intentionally terminate your job. It can affect your citizenship application.once citizenship application has been approved,then i think you dnt have any problem.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. i am seeking counsel about at the moment. My employer gave the condition that if I resign, they will wait another 2 months to notify the immigration. I applied my citizenship at 12nd August. Is it enough time to get the whole process done? I wonder when someone is officially Australian citizen? Is it after the test? or is it after getting the certificate at the ceremony? If that is the case, maybe 2 months is not enough.

Thanks mate. i am seeking counsel about at the moment. My employer gave the condition that if I resign, they will wait another 2 months to notify the immigration. I applied my citizenship at 12nd August. Is it enough time to get the whole process done? I wonder when someone is officially Australian citizen? Is it after the test? or is it after getting the certificate at the ceremony? If that is the case, maybe 2 months is not enough.

Once you took the pledge ,you will be australian citizen.and it only happens in citizenship ceremony. It usually takes around 3-4 months.but mostly depends on particular council. Mine took 2 months after the test. But some people waited for 6 months.

Once you took the pledge ,you will be australian citizen.and it only happens in citizenship ceremony. It usually takes around 3-4 months.but mostly depends on particular council. Mine took 2 months after the test. But some people waited for 6 months.

Hey man,

Do you think if we are safe after getting the approval letter, normally a week after the test?

Hey man,

Do you think if we are safe after getting the approval letter, normally a week after the test?

Generally speaking i have no idea about it.thts why see a migration agent.spending 100-200$ can save our life.or try to negotiate with the employer until the ceremony

Generally speaking i have no idea about it.thts why see a migration agent.spending 100-200$ can save our life.or try to negotiate with the employer until the ceremony

Thanks mate, I have an appointment with the agent tomorrow.

Online application sent on 11 Sep. Received notification email immediately, but nothing since then. No email for test or interview appointment. 11 days have passed.

We are on the same boat.

lodged online application: 16 Sep

Acknowledgement letter: 16 Sep

Letter for test date : still waiting

Online application sent on 11 Sep. Received notification email immediately, but nothing since then. No email for test or interview appointment. 11 days have passed.

I applied on 9 July and also received notification email immediately. I heard nothing else until 21 Sept when I received the email with my test and interview date for 9th Nov.

I think it depends on the council you live in, I'm on the Sunshine Coast, not much happens quickly here!

I applied on 9 July and also received notification email immediately. I heard nothing else until 21 Sept when I received the email with my test and interview date for 9th Nov.

I think it depends on the council you live in, I'm on the Sunshine Coast, not much happens quickly here!

Hi Websie,

I'm so glad you got the test date. I too have been waiting a long time (since 29 Jun) the first time I called they said they could tell me nothing, second time they said it has been processed but they are waiting on my local council to provide a test date. I hope it's soon!

I have applied for Adelaide, SA.

What about you?

Hi all,

i am just posting if it could help anyone specially in adelaide:

applied 17th june

got test date a week after for 30th august

approval after a week

waiting for ceremony

adelaide

and congrats to all those who have already received their invites or are citizens already :)

fingers crossed ceremony will be soon

Hi all,

i am just posting if it could help anyone specially in adelaide:

applied 17th june

got test date a week after for 30th august

approval after a week

waiting for ceremony

adelaide

and congrats to all those who have already received their invites or are citizens already :)

fingers crossed ceremony will be soon

Thanks Ozzee77.

How soon after applying you receive email for the test appointment?