AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Nope. Your kid do not require to attend the interview/test. But you should carry all the documents of yours and your Kid during the appointment.

Hi, does the child need to be onshore at time of application and/or approval? My wife is overseas and he would like to visit her when the application process is ongoing.

Hi, does the child need to be onshore at time of application and/or approval? My wife is overseas and he would like to visit her when the application process is ongoing.

I think yes because you need to show the childs original passport during the citizenship interview.

so when did you get the letter for the ceremony. I was approved on the 1st of September from Maribyrnong and wanted to check when should I expect my ceremony

I was approved on the 1st of October 2015 from Maribyrnong. Ceremony was 15th March 2016 so 5.5 months.

Hi everyone,

My case is a bit complicated. I am not sure I should post my question in this thread. If not, please guide me to the right place.

My citizenship apply date is 12/08/16, I got an email to request additional information on 20/08/16. I provided the information on the same day. Now, I am waiting and nothing coming yet.

My current visa 187, conditioning I have to keep my job (the nominated employer) for 2 years from the day visa granted (The 187 visa granted on 11/08/15). However, my employment came to an end today. Will it affect my citizenship application? Is there anyone has been in the similar situation?

Thank you.

I was approved on the 1st of October 2015 from Maribyrnong. Ceremony was 15th March 2016 so 5.5 months.

Thanks Ken for your reply. The information I was looking was if you remember when you got letter confirming your ceremony date. I would like to know roughly how long before the Maribyrnong Council inform you. So I know if I have made it to the October 2016 ceremony or if my name would be put for the November 2016 ceremony.

Thanking you in advance @Ken

Hi everyone,

My case is a bit complicated. I am not sure I should post my question in this thread. If not, please guide me to the right place.

My citizenship apply date is 12/08/16, I got an email to request additional information on 20/08/16. I provided the information on the same day. Now, I am waiting and nothing coming yet.

My current visa 187, conditioning I have to keep my job (the nominated employer) for 2 years from the day visa granted (The 187 visa granted on 11/08/15). However, my employment came to an end today. Will it affect my citizenship application? Is there anyone has been in the similar situation?

Thank you.

If you are forced to leave prior to 2 years, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIBP) must be satisfied that you did make an effort to stay with them. If the business goes bust or there’s a shortage of work then DIBP may agree that you were unable to continue through no fault of your own. If this is genuinely the case then it is unlikely that your visa will be cancelled and hence your citizenship application should go through.

If you are forced to leave prior to 2 years, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIBP) must be satisfied that you did make an effort to stay with them. If the business goes bust or there’s a shortage of work then DIBP may agree that you were unable to continue through no fault of your own. If this is genuinely the case then it is unlikely that your visa will be cancelled and hence your citizenship application should go through.

I did make an effort to stay with them as I have worked for them 1.5 years till now. However, the reason they ended my employment was a dismissal. They tried to prove it is my fault with 3 written warnings, including a lot of reports about my mistakes. That is a long story. The new management just wanted to get rid of me. That why they played the game of finding every of my little mistake to make it happen. And it did. That makes me a bit worry if I have to explain to DIBP about my genuine effort. I did have the time to prove my commitment, 6 months before the Visa granted, and 13 months after the visa granted, but I am worried about the reason of end my employment.

I note that a lot of people seem to get an approval letter confirming the citizenship test has been passed. On most instances, it's dated the same day.

I sat and passed my test on August 23rd. It's now over two weeks and I've yet to receive a letter. Is this anything to be concerned by?

Following up on this, I've still to receive a letter confirming I've passed the test (4 weeks ago today). I called DIBP and they said that they have no updates and I just need to wait.

Hopefully I'll get word soon. Anyone else still hanging on with delays from the Melbourne office?

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

What additional information was asked from you? I lodged my citizenship application 16 September 2016 and I am also on a 187 visa

Thanks Ken for your reply. The information I was looking was if you remember when you got letter confirming your ceremony date. I would like to know roughly how long before the Maribyrnong Council inform you. So I know if I have made it to the October 2016 ceremony or if my name would be put for the November 2016 ceremony.

Thanking you in advance @Ken

I believe it was about a month before the ceremony that I got the invite. Note that it didn't come from Maribyrnong Council - as they had such a backlog it was an extra ceremony organised by DIBP (they said in the letter it was their policy to keep waiting lists for ceremonies below 6 months) and was held almost next door to their offices.

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

No need to worry mate.u will be in problem only if the employer let the immigration know that you are not working anymore.otherwise no issuses at all. Citizenship application have nothing to do with your 187.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

No need to worry mate.u will be in problem only if the employer let the immigration know that you are not working anymore.otherwise no issuses at all. Citizenship application have nothing to do with your 187.

Thanks mate. My employer told me that letting Immigration know about my termination is their legal obligation. They are going to do that. One thing I get from your post is the citizenship application is based on the time you stayed in this country, not about your job or whatever you do for a living. i hope i just have enough time for the citizenship going through to the end before they finalize my 187 visa situation. Do you think if they will stop/delay the citizenship application process if they got the inform the about my job termination, which affects my 187 visa.

Hi guys,

I have a strange question-may be.

I applied my citizenship application(online).

I got an email to submit birth cert,Does any one in this situation.

Pls note:I already included:

Passport

Drivers licence

Utility bills

Any help is appreciated.

Yes a full birth certificate is mandatory document. But if u have a strong reason for not having one or ur country didnt issue at the time of ur birth. You can give them some qualification documents or relevant.

Thanks mate. My employer told me that letting Immigration know about my termination is their legal obligation. They are going to do that. One thing I get from your post is the citizenship application is based on the time you stayed in this country, not about your job or whatever you do for a living. i hope i just have enough time for the citizenship going through to the end before they finalize my 187 visa situation. Do you think if they will stop/delay the citizenship application process if they got the inform the about my job termination, which affects my 187 visa.

Actually you need a professional advice from a migration lawyer. And yes if the immigration get to know that you intentionally terminate your job. It can affect your citizenship application.once citizenship application has been approved,then i think you dnt have any problem.

Hi Simran,

Thanks for the reply.

I already submitted Birth Cert,10 th and 12 th school certificates-upon request.

But the problem is " No name" in Birth cert(But all other relevant details is recorded).-This is how my state-govt authorities have recorded.

Fingers crossed.

Hi just want to ask something, i hope somebody will help me, i just applied for citizenship ( paper application) ive submitted the following docs:

birth cert

passport

australian drivers lic

marriage certificate

- my question is that i wasnt able to provide utility bills for my proof of address but my Australian drivers licence has my address on it, is that sufficient enough? Thank you

Edited by leah28

Hi just want to ask something, i hope somebody will help me, i just applied for citizenship ( paper application) ive submitted the following docs:

birth cert

passport

australian drivers lic

marriage certificate

- my question is that i wasnt able to provide utility bills for my prood of address but my Australian drivers license has my address on it, is that sufficient enough? Thank you

Birth certificate

License

Passport

Thts it. No more documents required

Very straightforward

No bills needed unless u dnt have driving licence.hope this helps