AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi everyone,

Today was my citizenship, killed it with 100%

Applied date 31 of july

Test date 26 of august

My case officer told that he will approve my application some time next week and also i can expect ceremony date october or november , im from brimbamk vic

Applied online - 19/5/16

Email acknowledgement - 19/5/16

Test email - 21/5/16

Test date - 26/5/16 (originally 13/7/16. Managed to reschedule, but had to go to Parramatta)

City council - Sydney city.

Ceremony - 24/8

Had my ceremony this week at Sydney Town Hall. Nice and neat. The room was full of people, 200+ divided in two sections (bible bashers and Darlinghurst/Surry hills hipsters). First we heard (member for Sydney) Alex G's story about him being a Kiwi, his husband a German and parents American/Australian followed by Lord Mayor's short speech.

Once she had made us promise to obey Australian laws (again bible people first followed by hipsters), the certs were delivered and city's photographer pictured each of us with the Mayor. Once all 200+ people got congratulated, we sang the anthem and sparkling wine started to flow. Throughout the event house band played Australian jazz.

Regarding the passport application, I made a couple of mistakes. First, only one passport picture must be signed by an Australian (like for the citizenship application). I had both pictures signed and post man rejected them. He said that the writing shows on the other side and that's not good for the passport. Then, in the passport application the citizenship number is not the number in front of the citizenship certificate. It's the number on the back of the certificate. Someone could had said so - but no. Also, remember to take your existing passport with you since the passport office doesn't know the city where you were born or your sex so you need the old passport to show the city and whether you're a boy or girl. Honestly, in the era of computers you may think something's automated. All in all, once you get this far, hopefully this finishes the huge amount of paperwork and stamps we all had undergo from the first visa to PR to Citizenship.

Good luck all!

Sam

Hi ecg78, did you have to rock up at the Post Office a 2nd time?

Or did they change citizenship certificate no. for you on the passport form? Just asking as I did the same mistake!!! Will head to the post office next week as we've just returned from holidays at the Gold Coast...

Had my ceremony this week at Sydney Town Hall. Nice and neat. The room was full of people, 200+ divided in two sections (bible bashers and Darlinghurst/Surry hills hipsters). First we heard (member for Sydney) Alex G's story about him being a Kiwi, his husband a German and parents American/Australian followed by Lord Mayor's short speech.

Once she had made us promise to obey Australian laws (again bible people first followed by hipsters), the certs were delivered and city's photographer pictured each of us with the Mayor. Once all 200+ people got congratulated, we sang the anthem and sparkling wine started to flow. Throughout the event house band played Australian jazz.

Regarding the passport application, I made a couple of mistakes. First, only one passport picture must be signed by an Australian (like for the citizenship application). I had both pictures signed and post man rejected them. He said that the writing shows on the other side and that's not good for the passport. Then, in the passport application the citizenship number is not the number in front of the citizenship certificate. It's the number on the back of the certificate. Someone could had said so - but no. Also, remember to take your existing passport with you since the passport office doesn't know the city where you were born or your sex so you need the old passport to show the city and whether you're a boy or girl. Honestly, in the era of computers you may think something's automated. All in all, once you get this far, hopefully this finishes the huge amount of paperwork and stamps we all had undergo from the first visa to PR to Citizenship.

Good luck all!

Sam

Very good information. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on becoming an oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest seba771

Date applied: 29/03/2016

City/Council area: Holdfast Bay, SA

Online / Paper: Online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 29/03/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test: 09/06/2016

Date of ceremony: 26/08/2016

Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

My Timelines are below:

Date applied: 21/07/2016

Council: Greater Dandenong

Online/Paper: Online

Acknowledgement Email: 21/07/2016

Citizenship Test: 29/08/2016 (Initially it was scheduled for 27/09/2016)

Date of Approval: waiting

Date of Ceremony: waiting

Anyone with similar timelines? Any idea what would be the waiting time in Dandenong Council?

Hi, just wondering about how long it takes to get the approval letter? I sat the test in Sydney CBD last 25/08/2016 and my council is North Sydney.

Here is my timeline:

Date applied: 26/06/2016

Acknowledgement Email: 26/06/2016

Email with test appointment: 29/06/2016

Citizenship Test: 25/08/2016 Sydney CBD

Approval letter: waiting

Ceremony letter: waiting

Thank you!

Hi. When applying for citizenship online, do we have to attach certified copies of our documents or can we just scan the originals and attach it to the application without having it certified.

Yes, you are required to upload the certified copies of the documents. Uncertified documents are not accepted and the case officer might ask you to submit the certified ones which would eventually delay the process.

Update! I received the approval letter today in my mailbox!! My council is North Sydney.

Date applied: 26/06/2016

Acknowledgement Email: 26/06/2016

Email with test appointment: 29/06/2016

Citizenship Test: 25/08/2016 Sydney CBD

Approval letter: 31/08/2016. Dated 25/08

Ceremony letter: waiting

Yes, you are required to upload the certified copies of the documents. Uncertified documents are not accepted and the case officer might ask you to submit the certified ones which would eventually delay the process.

No, nothing needs to be certified if you upload colour scans. You bring the original documents with you when you attend your appointment.

My Timelines are below: UPDATED

Date of Approval: 29/08/2016

Anyone with similar timelines? Any idea what would be the waiting time in Dandenong Council?

I just want to share my timeline:

Date applied: 18/08/2016

Council: City Greater Geelong

Acknowledgement Email: 18/08/2016

Citizenship Test: 01/09/2016 (Scheduled first on 30/10/2016 in Melbourne, I was able to change the date with the link provided)

The closest test centre from Geelong is Ballarat or Melbourne City.

Date of Approval: Waiting

Anyone else from Geelong?

My Timelines are below: UPDATED

Date of Approval: 29/08/2016

Hey dran, your application getting processed pretty quick which is good hey, just a quick question did you get the approval of your application at immi office on the same day as your test or a email and i cant imagine a post mail???

Edited by Harriiii

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - Not received. But got letter 20th July

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 31/8/2016 but received 5th Sep

Date of ceremony - I'm expecting March-ish

Rob did you get test date as an email?Also did you have option to reschedule it online?

Hey dran, your application getting processed pretty quick which is good hey, just a quick question did you get the approval of your application at immi office on the same day as your test or a email and i cant imagine a post mail???

Hi Harriii, I received a post mail on 02/09/2016 dated 29 Aug 2016, that my application has been approved.:smile: