AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Thanks guys for the help and advise - did the interview and test. 

Comments: 

- The entire process took about 10-15 min (really quick). Interview was simple and about 4-5 questions (ever been to jail / arrested etc.)
- The test was on an Ipad, sitting on a chair. Although it was more difficult than I expected, I still managed to get 100% so it's do-able, just don't underestimate it
(there were 3-4 questions that had me thinking).

They said I'll need to wait 3-6 months for the ceremony invite. 

PS - my application was updated to "approved" by the time logged back in (within 30 min)

Edited by Hex
  • Congratulations 4

On 10/12/2020 at 11:45, Hex said:

Thanks guys for the help and advise - did the interview and test. 

Comments: 

- The entire process took about 10-15 min (really quick). Interview was simple and about 4-5 questions (ever been to jail / arrested etc.)
- The test was on an Ipad, sitting on a chair. Although it was more difficult than I expected, I still managed to get 100% so it's do-able, just don't underestimate it
(there were 3-4 questions that had me thinking).

They said I'll need to wait 3-6 months for the ceremony invite. 

PS - my application was updated to "approved" by the time logged back in (within 30 min)

Congrats!
The ceremony usually depends on council availability, Metro cities will have more frequent ceremonies (every month).
fo regional cities might have one every two months or depend on how many persons granted citizenship at the city.

you may get enrolled soon in the Australia day ceremony, this is the major one in Australia.

Edited by Mazen
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, VicApplicant said:

Does anyone have any updates on Melbourne /VIC office? Any indication of what date of processing they are up to now? Would be nice to think that there is additional focus but I don’t think so 😞

My original date was 9th April and just got my new invite yesterday for 19th jan, feel free to use that timeline as to when you should get yours.

On 19/12/2020 at 14:38, helppls said:

Hi all,

Passed my citizenship test 2 weeks ago, application still says 'received' - has anyone had this?

@helppls Not sure this will help but when I was at my interview the other day they said that my status would only change to "approved", if they don't need to run any background checks against me. My suspicion is that they are awaiting a few checks to come back before updating. Just my thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

@helppls Not sure this will help but when I was at my interview the other day they said that my status would only change to "approved", if they don't need to run any background checks against me. My suspicion is that they are awaiting a few checks to come back before updating. Just my thoughts. 

Ah I see, so they are just running background checks probably. Hopefully done before christmas!

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 14:23, KazBaker said:

Dear LAG,

Thanks for your valuable information.

should i apply the “Evidence of citizenship” once  baby is born with the birth certificate? thanks 

cheers !

@KazBaker, I am on the same situation here. Did you end up having to update the citizenship application about your newborn? 

On 17/12/2020 at 18:07, VicApplicant said:

awesome @andrewajp002 when did you apply? Great to see people getting through. I only applied in April 2020!

I applied in 18th October 2019, so 6 months after application to first interview date.  Hope that helps.  

I am guessing they will fast track some to clear the backlog, so may be quicker for you than that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2020 at 08:48, galisuman said:

I finished my test yesterday for both me and my wife we both passed with 100% result. Test was very easy we have done ours in Brisbane city and hopefully ceremony letter will be coming our wah soon for 26th Jan 2021

Any news on the ceremony for you? I passed the test around the same time but haven't heard anything yet - it seems I won't be getting the 26th. 

5 hours ago, Wannabepilot said:

Any news on the ceremony for you? I passed the test around the same time but haven't heard anything yet - it seems I won't be getting the 26th. 

Nope no news the next ceremony will be on 18th March in brisbane city hall. I am rooting for that possibly....

Screenshot_20210114-063727_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, andrewajp002 said:

Got my interview tomorrow morning 🙂 Only thing I dont have is a record of when I first landed in Australia (Visa Record), will this be an issue?  (I have all other paper work)

@andrewajp002 I had my interview / test on the 10th December and they asked for the following of all applicants (my children were included): 

1. Passport

2. Birth certificate 

3. Drivers license (which needed to have my correct address, else I needed proof of address)

I took an entire file of certified documents (to be safe) and that's all I was asked for. 

Good luck! 

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

@andrewajp002 I had my interview / test on the 10th December and they asked for the following of all applicants (my children were included): 

1. Passport

2. Birth certificate 

3. Drivers license (which needed to have my correct address, else I needed proof of address)

I took an entire file of certified documents (to be safe) and that's all I was asked for. 

Good luck! 

Cheers 

The Melbourne office was very well organised and I was in and out in 30 mins

They didn't ask for any more paperwork, just reviewed what I had uploaded, checked my driving Licence to check address and took a photo.

The questions were easy, 2 trickyish ones but got 100% 🙂

Now awaiting date of ceremony 😃