AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

14 hours ago, Aug/2017/Cook said:

I found this information from the gov website.

In-person citizenship appointments continue to be on hold in regional Victoria. This will not impact your citizenship application. Some ceremonies are now being held online. See COVID-19 and the border, Citizenship.

Just noticed Melbourne testing office has been added back to the list 😃

Edited by flatwhite101
  • Like 2

Applied for citizenship: 15 October 2020

Council: Cairns 

Invitation letter for test received on: 11 November 2020

Test Appointment : 4 December 2020

Rescheduled: 17 November 2020

17 November 2020: test PASSED, application APPROVED shortly after.

My partner has applied on the same day, but he still didn't received a test date. It might be because he has criminal records (15 years ago in Italy).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mazen said:

I wish this will happen soon!

However, the pandemic situation is settled where I'm located (touch wood) and, I reckon it will be a regular ceremony at the council 🙂

I was told during my interview that the ceremonies are back to being in person now (this was NSW).

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 11:35, flatwhite101 said:

Just noticed Melbourne testing office has been added back to the list 😃

Great news In-person citizenship tests and appointments resumed in Melbourne this week, after COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria eased, the Acting Immigration Minister Alan Tudge has confirmed.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 15:48, 123stella said:

Applied for citizenship: 15 October 2020

Council: Cairns 

Invitation letter for test received on: 11 November 2020

Test Appointment : 4 December 2020

Rescheduled: 17 November 2020

17 November 2020: test PASSED, application APPROVED shortly after.

My partner has applied on the same day, but he still didn't received a test date. It might be because he has criminal records (15 years ago in Italy).

Interest that Cairns has such a quick turn around,  yet in other regional coastal QLD cities (like mine), very little movement is happening. 

3 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

Interest that Cairns has such a quick turn around,  yet in other regional coastal QLD cities (like mine), very little movement is happening. 

Not surprising. Cairns is the only regional town in Queensland and non capital town in Australia to have a DOHA office. Other regional towns, like mine(Mackay), all rely on Centrelink for test/interview.

Hi All,

Sorry if this question has already been answered - I did flick back a few pages... but no joy.

I need to send my UK passport off to be renewed (it expires in 6 months) this is likely to take some time to get the renewal due to delays with covid in the UK.  Just wondering if I am called for the interview/test and do not have my passport will it be an issue?

I do have ID documents such as NSW Drivers License and UK License, Birth Certificate, Medicare Card...

Can anyone confirm on this?

Thanks in advance 🙂 

8 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi All,

Sorry if this question has already been answered - I did flick back a few pages... but no joy.

I need to send my UK passport off to be renewed (it expires in 6 months) this is likely to take some time to get the renewal due to delays with covid in the UK.  Just wondering if I am called for the interview/test and do not have my passport will it be an issue?

I do have ID documents such as NSW Drivers License and UK License, Birth Certificate, Medicare Card...

Thanks in advance 🙂 

For my interview, I was only asked to present the driver's license and, no one asked for the passport.
You could be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 16:15, sydneyishuk said:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance 🙂 

I had my interview/test a few weeks back and I was asked to show my passport and NSW licence - nothing else.  In fact I'd sent my UK passport for renewal, it didn't get back in time (I waited until a few days beforehand) and had to reschedule my test as a result!  So I would definitely assume they will ask for your passport, as that's the main document that provides your (UK) identity.  Your licence proves your Australia based (NSW) identity.  

Have you actually got a test date yet?  My passport renewal took a month from arrival of the old passport in the UK until I go the new (and old) one returned to me here.  Plus the time it took the old passport to reach the UK.

2 hours ago, vickyplum said:

I had my interview/test a few weeks back and I was asked to show my passport and NSW licence - nothing else.  In fact I'd sent my UK passport for renewal, it didn't get back in time (I waited until a few days beforehand) and had to reschedule my test as a result!  So I would definitely assume they will ask for your passport, as that's the main document that provides your (UK) identity.  Your licence proves your Australia based (NSW) identity.  

Have you actually got a test date yet?  My passport renewal took a month from arrival of the old passport in the UK until I go the new (and old) one returned to me here.  Plus the time it took the old passport to reach the UK.

Hi All,

We have our citizenship test in Perth today 3/12/20 .They just asked for driving license only.We passed the test and My wife application got approved in few minutes, I am waiting for my approval as my application includes my daughter as well.Hope for best.Good luck you will all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Khan12 said:

Hi All,

We have our citizenship test in Perth today 3/12/20 .They just asked for driving license only.We passed the test and My wife application got approved in few minutes, I am waiting for my approval as my application includes my daughter as well.Hope for best.Good luck you will all.

Hi Khan, How was your exam?

Hi Hex

just relax and read our common bond booklet available at immigration website then try practice test.it gives you good idea.

The desk guy told me you must’ve to passed five questions related to Australian  values .Test will be easy one.

Good luck and stay blessed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hex said:

Hey guys, we have our test date coming up (finally) and was wondering, for all those who've recently done the test, if it's tough now, with the new change? 

Ay advise / suggestions for someone who has 3 days before their test? 

@Khan12 / @Mazen

I suggest to read our common bond book, also you can browse on the internet there are many websites where you can practice on the book info.
These were very useful to me and the majority of the questions will be similar to what you will see on these practice exams.
Good Luck

Edited by Mazen
  • Thanks 1

Finally, this dream came to an end!

I have just received the ceremony invitation to the 26/1/2021, coincidently this date will mark 6 years upon my arrival in Australia.

I have enjoyed being in this forum through all my process starting my PR application and wish everybody very good luck in his Citizenship journey.

Edited by Mazen
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1