AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hey everyone,

Wanted to give a quick update on my timeline for anyone in Adelaide.

Applied Feb 18, application was in 'Received' but I was sent a test invite on August 30 for this morning. Completed the test and interview and the application immediately went to Approved.

Now just to wait for the ceremony.

Good luck to those waiting, especially in Vic. I hope you're coping with the lockdown and I hope the numbers keep dropping so you can get back to some sort of normality.

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 2

On 10/09/2020 at 16:28, Mazen said:

It has been almost 17 months for my application (March 2019) and still didn't hear anything. Hopefully, your situation will be better than me and you receive updates soon.  🙂

Thanks @Mazen - have you not heard from the department at all for 17 months? 

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Thanks @Mazen - have you not heard from the department at all for 17 months? 

I have been only requested to submit a further document in February this year, I have contacted them in August to see if there is any improvement with my application however, they have responded back that documents have been received but due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all face-to-face citizenship appointments have been placed on hold.

FYI, I didn't even receive an invitation letter or anything to clarify that my documents are sufficient 😞

On 14/09/2020 at 16:46, Mazen said:

I have been only requested to submit a further document in February this year, I have contacted them in August to see if there is any improvement with my application however, they have responded back that documents have been received but due to the Coronavirus pandemic, all face-to-face citizenship appointments have been placed on hold.

FYI, I didn't even receive an invitation letter or anything to clarify that my documents are sufficient 😞

Thanks @Mazen - sounds like I'm getting conflicting stories then.

On the one hand, I've been told that appointments are being done via Zoom / electronically but then on some threads I read otherwise (everything is on hold). Pity there isn't definite way of knowing what's happening... Simply "hurry up and wait" 😛 

• Like 1

Post covid 19 world is going to be different in every aspect one can think of, and that’s pretty much understood by now. People are almost used to and trying to completely adapt to the new normal of wearing masks in public along with the constant paranoia that follows. 

Travel, tourism and immigration is one of the key categories of economic and social functions to get disturbed severely as soon as international travel was banned strictly throughout multiple borders. People in the middle of their immigration processes were left stranded because of the unprecedented times, and still are at some level. 

Australia was among those majority countries to initially pause travel completely between borders, along with New Zealand that was even able to contain the virus at some point. Post covid travel restrictions are to ensure safety measures and virus control to make sure as countries eased travel intake for people who either wanted to travel back to their homelands in these uncertain times or for others that were trying to flee some place or another. An up-to date Australia immigration consultancy provider in Dubai can assist you in this properly like Vision Consultancy. 

Australia Second citizenship, skilled New Zealand migration and Australia student visa are all part of programs that get affected. Following are the few things to keep in mind according to Australian government’s Covid response:

All travellers arriving in Australia, including Australian citizens, must quarantine for 14 days at a designated facility, such as a hotel in their port of arrival.  
You may be required to pay for the costs of your quarantine.
You cannot come to Australia unless you are in an exempt category or you have been granted an individual exemption to the current travel restrictions
Travel restrictions are subject to change. Please check back regularly at the National Cabinet media statement.

Hey all, just finishing up my citizenship application (onto scanning the documents). To ask a stupid question where passports and photos are smaller than a4 is it just a case of having them in the centre of the space and it having white edges around it? Is that acceptable? The immi account documentation for the scans isnt especially clear and i dont want to do it wrong.

Thanks for the help ☺

15 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Great, I'm from Mackay too. What is your timeline if I may ask? Would be good to meet up too if you're up for it.

Yeah, it’s really good news. I am from Townsville council. Has any one got any invitation from Townsville, Mackay, Bundaberg, or Any other regional area in qld. Thanks

Edited by naviozz

On 10/08/2020 at 21:07, Mamir said:

Hey All.

I had my test scheduled in VIC for April 2020 first, which got postponed to August and then further postponed indefinitely. Now I have a chance to move to WA. Question is whether I should wait for testing to open in VIC or should I move and apply for an address change to enter the queue for test in WA? Will they process my application again from start? How long does the address change take?

Hi Mamir, have you decided to move? Don't know when VIC will reopen 😞

On 18/09/2020 at 14:40, samlab said:

Hi, anyone from the Sunny Coast got any updates yet? We applied 17th Dec 2019 and not heard a thing yet ☹️

Hey mate... Im also from the Sunny Coast and haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Applied for my citizenship in April 2019 - still waiting for the interview/test

• Sad 1

On 05/08/2020 at 16:05, Indianinoz said:

Interesting. This is the first case of someone from NT who got a test invite(albeit cancelled) that I know of. Please share your timeline and location. I'm sure test/interview, if postponed, shouldn't take longer. This is great news that people from outside WA have at least been given a test date.

Hi, did the department gave you another appointment for the test?

On 25/09/2020 at 15:18, GUS said:

Hey mate... Im also from the Sunny Coast and haven't heard anything back from them yet.

Applied for my citizenship in April 2019 - still waiting for the interview/test

Hello,

You are one of the oldest applicants. Did you get a invitation for test just before COVID for March/April but got cancelled? Or are you yet to hear back anything at all?

The good news is that tests have begun in regional Queensland. I think Kawana Waters is your nearest Services Australia office which conducts tests/interviews. People who have gone over 12 months and are from Regional Australia have had luck emailing regional.citizenship.qld@homeaffairs.gov.au. Some of them had heard back that they're just waiting for tests to commence. Maybe you can try contacting this email address giving your citizenship application details and asking where your application is at? Other than FOI, this is the only other option I believe that has actually worked for people.

Please keep us updated as to how you go.

• Thanks 1

Just finished my Test/Interview in the morning and when I came back home and checked, the status says "Approved". 

Now, the waiting starts for the Ceremony. 

Do you know if we can contact the dept for the Virtual Ceremony now that its approved or just wait for them to update us?

Edited by Kris9
  • Congratulations 2