AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, Jlambert said:

Hi guys,

I have a question - recent a few days ago I tapped on and got on a train. But did not observe the low balance on the tap on card in a hurry to get on the train. It was checked and got 200 fine for. Does this need to be added or notified on citizen ship app ?

Thanks guys

i would pay the fine and forget about it. 

• Like 2

On 17/08/2020 at 14:12, FergalMcG said:

Hi folks,

I was under the impression that as of August 11th I would be able to apply for citizenship. However when going through the initial application page I get a message saying "Based on information held on Departmental systems the applicant does not meet the general residence requirements." 

I arrived in March 2015 on a Holiday Visa, got a Bridging Visa for a 457 in November 2015 and was granted the 457 in January of 2016. I was granted Permanent residency on August 12 2019. My belief was that as of August 11 I would have met the criteria of 12 months as a PR and had 4 years in the country.

The only reason I can think of where I do not meet the general residence requirements is that when swapping from a 457 to a partner visa, my 457 was cancelled, and I had to reapply for a bridging visa E to stay in the country in Sept 2017. Looking at this info, is anyone able to give advice as to when I would meet the general residence requirements?

You are/were eligible on the 12/August. That is your PR anniversary date.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 14:12, FergalMcG said:

Hi folks,

I was under the impression that as of August 11th I would be able to apply for citizenship. However when going through the initial application page I get a message saying "Based on information held on Departmental systems the applicant does not meet the general residence requirements." 

I arrived in March 2015 on a Holiday Visa, got a Bridging Visa for a 457 in November 2015 and was granted the 457 in January of 2016. I was granted Permanent residency on August 12 2019. My belief was that as of August 11 I would have met the criteria of 12 months as a PR and had 4 years in the country.

The only reason I can think of where I do not meet the general residence requirements is that when swapping from a 457 to a partner visa, my 457 was cancelled, and I had to reapply for a bridging visa E to stay in the country in Sept 2017. Looking at this info, is anyone able to give advice as to when I would meet the general residence requirements?

they probably count it from the dependant visa as your previous one was canceled 

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Was meaning to come back and update.

Got my Approval letter a few weeks back dated 13th August. 😀.🇦🇺

So that was 2 weeks from interview to acceptance.

So now just the wait for my ceremony!!

My timeline: 

Arrived: 01/03/2012

PR: June 2015

Citizenship Application: 02/12/2019

Interview & test: Scheduled for 15-03/2019 (cancelled).  Passed 31/07/2020.

Approval: 13/08/2020

Ceremony: TBC

• Congratulations 2

Hi GUYS 

Hope you all doing well,I have a query for you all,i already  submitted my and wife  Citizenship applications 09/08/20.

There was question on page 4 of online application ..

Has this applicant entered or departed Australia since July 1990?

which i answered NO on our both application.(Now i am thinking might be answer was YES!!!)

but we entered and departed Australia in 2014 and 2019 for overseas  holidays.

Need your expert opinion please..

2 minutes ago, Khan12 said:

Hi GUYS 

Hope you all doing well,I have a query for you all,i already  submitted my and wife  Citizenship applications 09/08/20.

which i answered NO on our both application.(Now i am thinking might be answer was YES!!!)

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 09/08/2020

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

9 hours ago, Khan12 said:

Hi GUYS 

I believe the best option is to send an email with your query to the DOHA explaining the situation, once you submitted the application you can't amend any info.

Only you can update your address, email address, and passport details from the immi account.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Khan12 said:

Hi GUYS 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1023.pdf

Use this form to update the DOHA, its no big drama, normally if it is over 90 days they expect, speak to an agent of DOHA. ... this is what I used. 

• Thanks 2

Hi everyone

Anyone got their citizenship test and appointment postponed because of COVID and have received a new date? we applied for our citizenship in 08/19 , received an email on 02/20 to do the test on 28/04, unfortunately got cancelled on 07/04. Until now we have not received any updates. We are supposed to have our tests in Sydney CBD office, I know they started again the tests and the interviews 3 weeks ago. Any one in our position?

9 hours ago, coquette said:

Hi everyone

Anyone got their citizenship test and appointment postponed because of COVID and have received a new date? we applied for our citizenship in 08/19 , received an email on 02/20 to do the test on 28/04, unfortunately got cancelled on 07/04. Until now we have not received any updates. We are supposed to have our tests in Sydney CBD office, I know they started again the tests and the interviews 3 weeks ago. Any one in our position?

Yes, I'm in the same position.

Applied for citizenship June 2019, received an invite to interview/test on 2 March 2020 (in Sydney CBD office for 27 April). Received a cancellation email on 7 April and I haven't heard anything since!  I read on one of the government websites that both CBD and Parramatta offices are open again, so I would really hope applications are being progressed, and we'll hear something soon.

I carried out some searching for more information on test dates etc, but everything just seems to say "don't contact us, we'll be in touch with you when we're ready". I could give them a call but really not sure how far that will get me. There's no email address or electronic way of getting in touch, as far as I can see.

20 hours ago, vickyplum said:

Yes, I'm in the same position.

Applied for citizenship June 2019, received an invite to interview/test on 2 March 2020 (in Sydney CBD office for 27 April). Received a cancellation email on 7 April and I haven't heard anything since!  I read on one of the government websites that both CBD and Parramatta offices are open again, so I would really hope applications are being progressed, and we'll hear something soon.

I carried out some searching for more information on test dates etc, but everything just seems to say "don't contact us, we'll be in touch with you when we're ready". I could give them a call but really not sure how far that will get me. There's no email address or electronic way of getting in touch, as far as I can see.

Yes we are exactly in the same boat! I also thought to give them a call but yeah did not think i will get anywhere. Will update you if I received any comminication from them. Cheers 

5 hours ago, coquette said:

Yes we are exactly in the same boat! I also thought to give them a call but yeah did not think i will get anywhere. Will update you if I received any comminication from them. Cheers 

I did call today but it was just past 5pm and they were closed   Will give myself a reminder to do it tomorrow.  Will let you know if I get anywhere with the call or receive the golden invite!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vickyplum said:

I did call today but it was just past 5pm and they were closed   Will give myself a reminder to do it tomorrow.  Will let you know if I get anywhere with the call or receive the golden invite!!

@coquette

I just called and was told all the information is on this page (https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship) - ie, which offices are now open.

I tried to get more info, asking if there was any rough timeframe for tests to recommence but was told all the information they have is the page above.

Hey guys, my wife and I (with 2 children) submitted our citizenship application(s) a little over 9 months ago (for Sydney city) and have still not heard anything back.

Following this forum, I've noticed most people typically get an invite / message by this time. Is anyone else (in the same application region) in the same situation or am I just being impatient? 

Thanks in advance! 

24 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hey guys, my wife and I (with 2 children) submitted our citizenship application(s) a little over 9 months ago (for Sydney city) and have still not heard anything back.

Following this forum, I've noticed most people typically get an invite / message by this time. Is anyone else (in the same application region) in the same situation or am I just being impatient? 

Thanks in advance! 

Refer to the posts from myself and Coquette above. Both of us have been waiting over a year, due to having our interview/test date scheduled for April, postponed.  So at the moment, yes it's probably fair to say you're being impatient 🙂  

Edited by vickyplum
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thanks in advance! 

It has been almost 17 months for my application (March 2019) and still didn't hear anything. Hopefully, your situation will be better than me and you receive updates soon.  🙂

Edited by Mazen
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, vickyplum said:

@coquette

I just called and was told all the information is on this page (https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship) - ie, which offices are now open.

I tried to get more info, asking if there was any rough timeframe for tests to recommence but was told all the information they have is the page above.

Thanks for letting me know! We have no option but to wait hopefully soon 

On 10/09/2020 at 09:13, vickyplum said:

@coquette

Hello! I have an UPDATE 😀

Received an email , appointment and test set for 27/9 in sydney CBD office! Soooo happy

• Congratulations 2

3 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

Oh that's good!!!!!  Congratulations - and not too long to wait either. Now you just have to remember all the answers to the questions again 😁

i know right! 😅😅

I just found out my son's passport (under 16) expired few days ago ..do not know what to do now 😪

31 minutes ago, coquette said:

i know right! 😅😅

I just found out my son's passport (under 16) expired few days ago ..do not know what to do now 😪

You should be ok to renew the passport it after you've done the test... I think... 🙄 It can get complicated when more than one of these things happens at the same time!