AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

18 hours ago, millski88 said:

Are you moving far? There's not many options for sitting the test, unless you are moving interstate there wouldn't likely be a difference in where you sit it.

Regardless of where, if you have moved you do need to update your address in your application in immi account. You need to actually go in to the citizenship application within immi account and use 'Update details' there on the left hand side. Just updating your 'account' details in immi account doesn't cut it, as i learned!

If you're worried about where your test will be, i'd call immigration and ask.

ok thanks!😊

1 hour ago, Lasanga Herath said:

Congratulations @millski88 . Finally!!!!

It’s been a long road!

I just think back to the times leading up to getting the 457 application in, where I had only a few weeks left on a 417! Then similar times moving over to 186, where I had no idea if I was going to be eligible with the changes in law coming in.

Now all distant memories thankfully, but not without a fair helping of stress at the time!

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of lodging my citizenship application via immi account. At the stage of attaching documents, I am going through a few issues. I am trying to attach pdf documents but while attaching, the immi account auto converting them into JPG images and saving them as individual image files. For example; I have attached a 2-page pdf file ( passport) and when i click attach it takes me to another page and shows me 2 jpg images, stating that your pdf file is converting into an acceptable format... kindly confirm. On confirmation, it saves it as two individual files with page 1 and page 2 description.

I have used the same file for other visa applications and it all goes well.

Also, i tried attaching the 1195 form, considering that might be there as an issue with my file but when I tried attaching, it gives an error "Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of Pages will exceed the attachment limit"

I have also email technical support and waiting for them to respond.

Is anyone else also having such issues or am I doing something wrong? Kindly help.

Thanks

Error Screenshot.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

5 hours ago, M.muhammad said:

Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of lodging my citizenship application via immi account. At the stage of attaching documents, I am going through a few issues. I am trying to attach pdf documents but while attaching, the immi account auto converting them into JPG images and saving them as individual image files. For example; I have attached a 2-page pdf file ( passport) and when i click attach it takes me to another page and shows me 2 jpg images, stating that your pdf file is converting into an acceptable format... kindly confirm. On confirmation, it saves it as two individual files with page 1 and page 2 description.

I have used the same file for other visa applications and it all goes well.

Also, i tried attaching the 1195 form, considering that might be there as an issue with my file but when I tried attaching, it gives an error "Unable to attach the PDF file provided. The number of Pages will exceed the attachment limit"

I have also email technical support and waiting for them to respond.

Is anyone else also having such issues or am I doing something wrong? Kindly help.

Thanks

Error Screenshot.png

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

Mine were converted the same way, I don't think that's  an issue. With regards to 1195, how many pages does your pdf file have ? 

23 hours ago, garrychandi said:

Mine were converted the same way, I don't think that's  an issue. With regards to 1195, how many pages does your pdf file have ? 

Thanks Garry, I will go ahead submitting mine now , as you said its normal. For Form 1195, its working and all good. Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Aquarian_86 said:

Hi All,

Can any of the members who received the virtual ceremony invite kindly  confirm whether the email they received from the dept also shows up in the list of  correspondence /messages in their Immi account?

Thanks 

Doesn't appear in mine no. I wouldn't expect a ceremony invite to though, virtual or not.

• Like 1

After a 7 year immigration journey, this isn't exactly how i'd imagined my citizenship ceremony. But alas, it's done... we're dual citizens of Australia and the UK!

Thanks to everyone for all the help over the years, i hope i've been able to help others too throughout the 457 & 186 processes. It's been great to be a part of the forum through all the stress and elation!

All the best to those still waiting, your time will come really soon!

image.thumb.png.efff3474293bf1e9b832f7fea2670a0c.png

image.png.2ccc859076a99d2f5e66809c1f6fdf35.png

Disclaimer: photo was taken after our ceremony for comedy effect, no recordings were taken during the ceremony itself!

Edited by millski88
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 5

Hi Guys,
Good news MP Julian Hill for the Bruce electorate did ceremonies today.
My neighbour has got a ceremony with MP on 5th June.
He and his family was approved on November 20th.
He had personally contacted Julian Hill though email and a phone call.
So, good news for forum members from City of Casey and Greater Dandenong council.

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

After a 7 year immigration journey, this isn't exactly how i'd imagined my citizenship ceremony. But alas, it's done... we're dual citizens of Australia and the UK!

Thanks to everyone for all the help over the years, i hope i've been able to help others too throughout the 457 & 186 processes. It's been great to be a part of the forum through all the stress and elation!

Disclaimer: photo was taken after our ceremony for comedy effect, no recordings were taken during the ceremony itself!

Congratulations 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, millski88 said:

Congrats @millski88 and partner! I like the subtle “green and gold” effect under the table in your photo! 👍🏼

• Like 1

Just received an email from immigration with the final date of virtual ceremony. Which is on coming tuesday.

bit confused how to start meeting on webex with CO

any recommendation would appreciate 

thanks

Hi

We are beginning the Citizenship application & have reached the request for travel section where we are asked to detail everywhere that we have lived since the age of 18. As we are originally from the UK we travelled in Europe a lot - do we need to detail all of these holidays?!? Also where you detail travel to other countries, do you have to enter that between each holiday you were living in the UK? Losing the will to live trying to remember/search for details of all our holidays

Ross

10 hours ago, rossco2810 said:

Hi

We are beginning the Citizenship application & have reached the request for travel section where we are asked to detail everywhere that we have lived since the age of 18. As we are originally from the UK we travelled in Europe a lot - do we need to detail all of these holidays?!? Also where you detail travel to other countries, do you have to enter that between each holiday you were living in the UK? Losing the will to live trying to remember/search for details of all our holidays

Ross

It's a pain but yes, all the info you can give is recommended. If they are a long time ago and you have no emails, credit card/bank statements or photographs to help you work out the dates, then rough dates are better than nothing IMO.

We'd already done it for PR, so it was easy to copy over for citizenship.

Just checking are you needing 'lived' or 'visited' countries? double check the definition!

Edited by millski88