AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I’m not sure.  I had to list other family members somewhere but wasn’t asked for uploads for them. My sons were listed but not included as applicants as they were applying separately. Isn’t there an i symbol where you get gat help for fields on the form?  It is a while since I did ours but it became obvious what was required as I went through it and used on line help. 

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can advise on my citizenship experience? I applied in July 2019 and sat my test about a week before Christmas 2019. I have myself and daughter on my application and we are UK citizens. I passed 100%. My husband sat his test a month later and also passed. He has already received a letter saying he’s approved awaiting ceremony. I’ve still not even had a letter confirming I passed the test and it’s now around 6 months since my test. I did call before Covid restrictions kicked in but the operative was quite short and said I’m well within processing times and shouldn’t chase it. I’m assuming things are now frozen due to Covid and I’m unlikely to see any further progress for the foreseeable future. Looking at other timelines the 6 months to letter post test seems long? Any advice appreciated.

Hi Guys 

Finally I become Australian citizen Today . The virtual ceremony went for not even 5 minutes. It was simple and straightforward. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who helped with their experiences . I wish everyone all the very best for their respective journey . 
God bless All 

cheers 🥂 

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 6

Hi Everyone,
I submitted my citizenship application today. When I click on messages it shows the following

The applicant has not agreed to receive electronic correspondence for this application.
Note: Electronic correspondence for this application is sent only if the applicant agreed to communicate via email in the application

I read that need to attach form 1193, but not sure which section shall i upload this form. Thanks for your input

Hi all,

I got my PR last year and just submitted the application of citizenship last week.

During this year, I did not travel for more than 3 months.

Do I need to apply for police check? If yes, should I directly do police check and put the reference number? or wait until Immi ask me to do so.

Thanks a lot for answering =)

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the tests will be resumed? Do they have online option for test? I just applied for citizenship in Feb, 2020 and shortly after coronavirus hit , so my next step would be test invitation though I have ni idea how long will that take until we can participate in test. 

3 hours ago, Aug2017ACT said:

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when the tests will be resumed? Do they have online option for test? I just applied for citizenship in Feb, 2020 and shortly after coronavirus hit , so my next step would be test invitation though I have ni idea how long will that take until we can participate in test. 

it's a long time ago for me, but I seem to remember that prior to sitting the test they verify your identity etc., so you won't be able to do it remotely 

Hi Guys,
Forum members who belong to Electorate of Bruce (City of Casey & city of Greater Dandenong Council), please write an email to Federal MP Julian Hill. His office wants to see how many members are waiting for ceremony. Please check below suburbs come under Bruce. Members plz check as per your addresses.
Suburbs:
Dandenong North, Doveton, Endeavour Hills, Eumemmerring, Hallam, Lysterfield South, Noble Park and Noble Park North; and parts of Dandenong, Fountain Gate, Keysborough, Narre Warren, Narre Warren North, Springvale and Springvale South.

You need to write your name & ref ID & the suburb location. That is it. Don't give out too much info.
His email id:julian.hill.mp@aph.gov.au

Edited by IndianzinOZ

On 19/05/2020 at 08:57, Warrat said:

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can advise on my citizenship experience? I applied in July 2019 and sat my test about a week before Christmas 2019. I have myself and daughter on my application and we are UK citizens. I passed 100%. My husband sat his test a month later and also passed. He has already received a letter saying he’s approved awaiting ceremony. I’ve still not even had a letter confirming I passed the test and it’s now around 6 months since my test. I did call before Covid restrictions kicked in but the operative was quite short and said I’m well within processing times and shouldn’t chase it. I’m assuming things are now frozen due to Covid and I’m unlikely to see any further progress for the foreseeable future. Looking at other timelines the 6 months to letter post test seems long? Any advice appreciated.

@Warrat I was told processing is still proceeding.  It’s only the face to face interview/testing that’s been put on hold. 🤞 it comes through speedily as there’s probably more people to do the work now that tests/interviews aren’t happening. 

Edited by Dreaming_when
  • Thanks 1

On 16/05/2020 at 12:53, Leo2020 said:

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and seeking any pro advise. i am in the process of applying citizenship online, we are married couple with a kid and i did include my kid in my application and have completed my process so far but didn't submit it yet.

So here my question is, do i have to start a new application process for my wife? and does it matter if i start the application under my log -in OR does she have to apply under hers?

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi @Leo2020 

Yes, anyone above the age of 16 needs their own application. So even your children  if they are above 16yrs and your wife will definitely have to submit a separate application. But there’ll be a section in the form where you can link the applications so your ceremony can be done together as a family. Just remember that if your wife hasn’t qualified on her own right yet, let’s say because she’s not met the residency requirement, linking both applications may delay your ceremony too(remember everyday is counted and if she has spent less time in the country eg due to longer overseas holidays/travel, you may not both necessarily meet the residency requirements at the same time). 
You can use the same immi account(your account)  to submit your wife’s application too. Easier to keep everything in one place. 
Good luck. 
And to those who’ve recently completed their visa, PR, citizenship journeys, congrats!! 

Edited by Dreaming_when

On 23/05/2020 at 17:57, Dreaming_when said:

Hi @Leo2020 

Yes, anyone above the age of 16 needs their own application. So even your children  if they are above 16yrs and your wife will definitely have to submit a separate application. But there’ll be a section in the form where you can link the applications so your ceremony can be done together as a family. Just remember that if your wife hasn’t qualified on her own right yet, let’s say because she’s not met the residency requirement, linking both applications may delay your ceremony too(remember everyday is counted and if she has spent less time in the country eg due to longer overseas holidays/travel, you may not both necessarily meet the residency requirements at the same time). 
You can use the same immi account(your account)  to submit your wife’s application too. Easier to keep everything in one place. 
Good luck. 
And to those who’ve recently completed their visa, PR, citizenship journeys, congrats!! 

Brilliant response. thanks for your time.

regards.

What document can be provided for "Please advise:
Evidence of first arrival in Australia and your present country of citizenship"

I come to Australia in 2009 on tourist visa and then in 2015. Have new passport but not the old passport used in 2009.

18 hours ago, millski88 said:

We got our expression of interest emails for virtual ceremonies today!

Both me and my partner. I was approved 29th October, partner approved 25th October. Emails from Victoria Ceremonies Team.

Congratulations 

which is your council ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markix said:

🙄

On 24/05/2020 at 12:00, markix said:

hi! can the location of the citizenship test be changed once the application has been submitted? if so, how? in change address details in the immiacount? send email? thanks! 

Are you moving far? There's not many options for sitting the test, unless you are moving interstate there wouldn't likely be a difference in where you sit it.

Regardless of where, if you have moved you do need to update your address in your application in immi account. You need to actually go in to the citizenship application within immi account and use 'Update details' there on the left hand side. Just updating your 'account' details in immi account doesn't cut it, as i learned!

If you're worried about where your test will be, i'd call immigration and ask.