AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, galisuman said:

Hi my son was born in Australia and applying for passport, do I have to include him in my citizenship application kindly advise 

They will ask for his details I think along with other family members but he won’t be listed as an applicant. It should be clear when you fill in the form. 

Hi Guys

An update on citizenship to give an overview to people in similar situation as me.

Today I received an email (EOI) asking me if I am ready to participate in virtual citizenship ceremony.

I replied to the email with big "YES".I am Waiting now for the date and time for the virtual ceremony.

Timeline:

Applied on : 03 May 2019

Test email:  19 October 2019. 

Initial test date:  11/12/2019 (rescheduled to 22/10/2019) Did and passed.

Approval on:  12/12/2019

Email EOI:  Today 12/05/2020.

ceremony date:  Not known yet.

Council: Brisbane City.

Hope this helps 

Moyale

5 hours ago, Lasanga Herath said:

image.png.e52628e804bc964ac78cba7811ba71a2.png

Hi Lasanga,

I would never expect City of Casey doing anything. I have wondered why even I moved to this city council. Greater Dandenong is much better than this one.

I hoped you must have got ur ceremony. Hope you get it by May end.You had got approved ages ago my friend.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Hi Millski88,

Haven't seen you for a while. Hope you get your ceremony by this month end.

You had helped me with a couple of queries in the past. Thanks for the help.Can see a lot of Oct/Nov approvals getting  ceremonies..

12 minutes ago, IndianzinOZ said:

Hi Lasanga,

I would never expect City of Casey doing anything. I have wondered why even I moved to this city council. Greater Dandenong is much better than this one.

I hoped you must have got ur ceremony. Hope you get it by May end.You had got approved ages ago my friend.

Thanks @IndianzinOZ 

Yes the Casey is not doing much. Also I'm still waiting for the ceremony. Hope for the best. 

On 05/05/2020 at 12:23, Netbg said:

I haven’t yet. Have you? I had pretty much just given out hope and figured I can’t fly overseas anyway now. But I should do it, so it’s done. I have absolutely no idea why my application took so long... one of the unlucky ones. I applied 21 April 2018 

I applied on oct 2018 . No update at all . 

My updates:

Email EOI:  12/05/2020.

Appointment confirmation email:  Today  13/05/2020

ceremony date:   15/05/2020.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moyale said:

My updates:

Email EOI:  12/05/2020.

Appointment confirmation email:  Today  13/05/2020

ceremony date:   15/05/2020.

Congratulations 

Hi Guys 

I have just recieved my virtual ceremony Date for Tuesday 19/05/2020 . Just a quick question to people who had their ceremony done did you Guys just click on the join meeting link which is sent by Department at the time of meeting . I have downloaded the application just want make sure .

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Guys 

I have just recieved my virtual ceremony Date for Tuesday 19/05/2020 . Just a quick question to people who had their ceremony done did you Guys just click on the join meeting link which is sent by Department at the time of meeting . I have downloaded the application just want make sure .

Thanks 

Yes..just click on the button. But you’ll need to do some test calls on webex to set the system/app up before your actual ceremony. 
congrats and good luck!

Hi fellas i contact to immi. I asked whether Townsville council is doing any virtual citizenship ceremony or not? The guy on other side just read media release that’s it. He didn’t say yes or no, he just go through media release statements even i asked second time. I asked him another question Covid-19 restriction are easing, there any possibilities of announcement of face to face citizenship ceremony after month or couples of months, this time also he just go through the media release statements. Even he feel that I didn’t get relevant answers he didn’t say more than media release statement.  I talk to Townsville Council, they don’t know about virtual citizenship ceremony and the staff told possibly get news about citizenship ceremony on Wednesday/Thursday but it’s not. Guys anyone know anything when they restart or do face to face citizenship ceremony coz the government 3 months restriction easing plan is already out. Up to now i heard the news of virtual citizenship ceremony of only big cities I didn’t heard story of regional Australia. TIA Take Care Be Safe 

23 minutes ago, sud said:

Hi fellas i contact to immi. I asked whether Townsville council is doing any virtual citizenship ceremony or not? The guy on other side just read media release that’s it. He didn’t say yes or no, he just go through media release statements even i asked second time. I asked him another question Covid-19 restriction are easing, there any possibilities of announcement of face to face citizenship ceremony after month or couples of months, this time also he just go through the media release statements. Even he feel that I didn’t get relevant answers he didn’t say more than media release statement.  I talk to Townsville Council, they don’t know about virtual citizenship ceremony and the staff told possibly get news about citizenship ceremony on Wednesday/Thursday but it’s not. Guys anyone know anything when they restart or do face to face citizenship ceremony coz the government 3 months restriction easing plan is already out. Up to now i heard the news of virtual citizenship ceremony of only big cities I didn’t heard story of regional Australia. TIA Take Care Be Safe 

I’m not 100% sure but I think at this stage it’s still only Dept of Home Affairs that’s conducting virtual ceremonies. They are trying to roll it out to councils. So best bet would be to email requesting a virtual ceremony. 

2 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

I’m not 100% sure but I think at this stage it’s still only Dept of Home Affairs that’s conducting virtual ceremonies. They are trying to roll it out to councils. So best bet would be to email requesting a virtual ceremony. 

I did Dreaming_when but i got autoreply and general mail. Nothing new.

4 hours ago, sud said:

through

4 hours ago, sud said:

Hi mate,

First of all your statement of not doing any ceremonies of regional areas in wrong because ceremonies are going on but no of candidates is very less in regional areas. Especially in this or any forums, you will see most members are from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane. Hence, people feel dept is just doing their ceremony. My brother lives in regional WA. He is based in a mining town called Karatha as he is petroleum mining engineer. His applied in Feb 2019. He got test appointment in Sept 2019 for Nov 6th 2019. He gave the test and got approved. He got virtual ceremony EOI from QLD regional on May first week. He replied yes and it took 2 weeks for them to send a date. He gave his ceremony on Friday 15th May and did it in 5 mins. He understood that QLD regional us taking care of WA regional also. I don't know why. 

City councils have nothing to do with virtual ceremonies. Instead they are happy they don't have to. It was just their duty to entertain people in ceremonies for dept. I am aware of some city councils like city of Melbourne who did ceremonies but they did some trials and no one thsn heard anything from them.

Looks like because the Mayor has to do it and the Mayor will be having more important jobs to do at the moment , they must have backed off. I asked my friends in city of Melbourne and they said they got ceremony done straight from dept VIC office.

If your approval is Oct or Nov 2019, you may get ceremony this month or else you will have to wait. If you contact these people, they will just tell you or write back to you with the same stuff you see on dept website.

Hi Folks,

I am new to this forum and seeking any pro advise. i am in the process of applying citizenship online, we are married couple with a kid and i did include my kid in my application and have completed my process so far but didn't submit it yet.

So here my question is, do i have to start a new application process for my wife? and does it matter if i start the application under my log -in OR does she have to apply under hers?

Please advise. Thank you.

2 hours ago, IndianzinOZ said:

Hi mate,

First of all your statement of not doing any ceremonies of regional areas in wrong because ceremonies are going on but no of candidates is very less in regional areas. Especially in this or any forums, you will see most members are from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane. Hence, people feel dept is just doing their ceremony. My brother lives in regional WA. He is based in a mining town called Karatha as he is petroleum mining engineer. His applied in Feb 2019. He got test appointment in Sept 2019 for Nov 6th 2019. He gave the test and got approved. He got virtual ceremony EOI from QLD regional on May first week. He replied yes and it took 2 weeks for them to send a date. He gave his ceremony on Friday 15th May and did it in 5 mins. He understood that QLD regional us taking care of WA regional also. I don't know why. 

City councils have nothing to do with virtual ceremonies. Instead they are happy they don't have to. It was just their duty to entertain people in ceremonies for dept. I am aware of some city councils like city of Melbourne who did ceremonies but they did some trials and no one thsn heard anything from them.

Looks like because the Mayor has to do it and the Mayor will be having more important jobs to do at the moment , they must have backed off. I asked my friends in city of Melbourne and they said they got ceremony done straight from dept VIC office.

If your approval is Oct or Nov 2019, you may get ceremony this month or else you will have to wait. If you contact these people, they will just tell you or write back to you with the same stuff you see on dept website.

Hi Mate I think you didn’t read the media release statement whole/completely coz there it’s written clearly per day 750 applicants can do virtual citizenship ceremony. You have one example what about others. Even it is true that your brother got ceremony how could you so sure about regional QLD take your brother virtual ceremony. In mailing address it was from Cairns or what, otherwise I believe it is from department or QLD. I don’t heard about Regional QLD mailing address if you so sure can you kindly provide me the mailing address plz. 

One more question on you, there are department in each state and territory, if it is about main department, I don’t have questions but you said Regional QLD.
For your kind information, i want to clear in this, i did question while my test, the lady clearly told me that they got our information from main department for test but they send results to Brisbane department not even main department as she was staff of QLD not from main department. And if we want to move another state our records goes to main and main to our nominate another state. Then how did your brother got from Regional QLD neither from Brisbane department nor from Main department. 

If it is so true give your brother story to 7 news Brisbane, you got a money and your brother got fame. Anyway, thanks for your time and info. Take care bro.

On 12/05/2020 at 12:30, rammygirl said:

They will ask for his details I think along with other family members but he won’t be listed as an applicant. It should be clear when you fill in the form. 

I got a automated message when I put my newborns detail in the application that he might be meet the residency requirement what should I do, should I still put his details on the file as the application is requesting my newborns details to be uploaded. Kindly advise