AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

43 minutes ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Guys 

I just recieved an invitation to attend virtual ceremony and asked that I’m interested . I’ve emailed them back yes . 

Timeline 

citizenship applied 1 June 2019

approved 30 November 

First Ceremony canceled Covid 19 - 17 March 2020 

virtual Ceremony invitation - 06/05/2020

council - Hume city Council

Congratulations 

did you email them for virtual ceremony? 

Hi Guys 
I just recieved an invitation to attend virtual ceremony and asked that I’m interested . I’ve emailed them back yes . 

Timeline 
approved 30 November 
Congrats. When did you have the test invite and test?

14 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Hi Suren,

All kids u16 can apply citizenship with the any of parents who meet the eligibility. They don’t need to apply separately. During your application process you will be asked to include your kids

Thanks @KazBaker. So you mean it does not matter even my kid is outside of Australia when I am launching my application where he has valid PR ? 

Also, based on your explanation I understood kids u16 will automatically gets eligibility when one of the parent has eligibiliy. 

Thanks once again !!!!

Edited by Sure

On 05/05/2020 at 12:37, Moyale said:

I have just dropped and email to their email address. I am not planning to fly out until November 2020 if the restrictions is lifted round the globe, which looks unlikely.But I need the citizenship certificate to access the education loan as I am a university student. Very expensive can't pay it by myself.

We will see what if they even bother to reply.

I also emailed them from their website contact us form so we’ll see. Let me know if you hear.

i know how you feel about uni.. I had to pay full whack back in 2013! 

17 hours ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Guys 

Timeline 

approved 30 November 

Hi Rckshanks,

congratulations.

I was approved on 12 December 2019, 12 days after your approval. But my application is in Brisbane city council. We are not far as they said in the automated reply that they are conduction the virtual ceremonies based on the sequence of approval of applications.

Any one from Brisbane city council here who is waiting/did the virtual ceremony?

Edited by Moyale

Just submitted my application! Very excited, although who knows what will happen to processing times. Curious if any of you uploaded additional documents to the below?

• Identity Declaration
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Drivers Licence

Seems like so little! However, it covers the whole "photo, signature, address" requirements. Should I be including anything else in order to support my application? So easy compared to the PR application I did last year!

17 minutes ago, Cubiscus said:

Yep, just waiting for my invite now (since mid-January).

Thanks Cubiscus,

When was your application approved? were you invited for a ceremony yet either the pre-covid19 face-to-face one or the virtual one?

Mine was approved on Jan 9th, I didn't have an invite before but have requested a virtual.  Then I spoke to them in January they said there was about a 4-5 month lead time.  

Its an issue for us as our PR travel authority ran out last week.

1 minute ago, Cubiscus said:

Mine was approved on Jan 9th, I didn't have an invite before but have requested a virtual.  Then I spoke to them in January they said there was about a 4-5 month lead time.  

Its an issue for us as our PR travel authority ran out last week.

.I see here the point.

I hope your citizenship soon before even the travel restriction is lifted. 

Good luck Cubiscus

Hi everyone,

I was silent reader of this group. This Group is really amazing and thanks for everyone for sharing their timeline and valuable ideas that help me through my journey.

Finally I reach to the mark yesterday.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE
Type: Citizenship by Conferral
Application Submitted: 02/2019
Test invite: 12/2019
Change test for 21/11/2019 (passed and approved same day)
Ceremony: Scheduled for 15/04/2020 (Cancelled due to covid19)

virtual ceremony invite for 7/05/2020 (Completed)

14 days to receive citizenship certificate 

Canterbury-Bankstown council (NSW)

• Congratulations 1

Hi Guys,

I have two questions:

1- Has anyone been invited for the citizenship test lately?

2- My son was born last month - me and my wife are permanent residents, therefore he is Australian, however I would like to know if we have to include his details in our application? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, GUS said:

Hi Guys,

I have two questions:

1- Has anyone been invited for the citizenship test lately?

2- My son was born last month - me and my wife are permanent residents, therefore he is Australian, however I would like to know if we have to include his details in our application? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I think your application has been submitted already so you can’t technically edit or change the application number. If you haven’t submitted your citizenship application yet you can include his details as an applicant. Hence Kids will receive citizenship certificate with parents.

But you can apply for your kids “Evidence of citizenship” application. It takes a week to receive the citizenship certificate.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2020 at 14:08, Moyale said:

.I see here the point.

I hope your citizenship soon before even the travel restriction is lifted. 

Good luck Cubiscus

This is what Brisbane city council said to me. I have attached a screenshot. I also got approval mid January 

07CDEF2B-4CAD-4EB3-B26E-3E30CEE5C306.png

I feel like I've done something really wrong lol. I submitted for my citizenship, and it asked info about my parents and siblings during the application, cool, had to fill out that same info for my PR. But in both the document upload part, and if I wanted to update details of my application, there are sections for both my parents?? Like to upload documents for my parents? And in the update details section, it asks "which applicant" and my parents are in the dropdown??

Like, why are my parents in these sections? Or is this normal and I'm freaking out.

9 hours ago, expatica said:

I feel like I've done something really wrong lol. I submitted for my citizenship, and it asked info about my parents and siblings during the application, cool, had to fill out that same info for my PR. But in both the document upload part, and if I wanted to update details of my application, there are sections for both my parents?? Like to upload documents for my parents? And in the update details section, it asks "which applicant" and my parents are in the dropdown??

Like, why are my parents in these sections? Or is this normal and I'm freaking out.

Mate

Don't freak out. I had the same stuff in my application. I had my father and mother's documents drop down in docs section. I didn't do much. Just attached their passport and national identity docs. I feel this would be just to check your origin for the department. That is it.

The department is not stupid enough to give parents citizenship when they can see they don't live here and are neither on pr.

Hope this helpd

14 hours ago, expatica said:

Hey mate, i had the same thing for my PR application.  I didn't upload  anything to my parents section and got my PR without any issue, so don't worry at all

@IndianzinOZ @garrychandi

Oh phew thanks. I just don't even have a relationship with my parents, they have never come to australia, and I don't have any docs of theirs to include anyway. Seemed odd as I only needed to enter parental info into my PR app, and there was never a section to upload about their info, so I was freaking that I clicked a wrong button or something when it suddenly appeared after I submitted my citizenship application!

On 09/05/2020 at 12:44, Cubiscus said:

Did you ask whether they're doing virtual ceremonies?

BCC Response:

I’ve been advised that we are currently working with the Department of Home Affairs and investigating whether we could hold virtual Citizenship Ceremonies until the pandemic has passed. I apologise I am unable to provide any further information at this time.