AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1 hour ago, 07Nov2017 said:

Hi Guys,

I just received an email from Home affairs VIC asking if I'm interested in virtual citizenship ceremony. I replied to them with yes.

Hopefully they will organise a ceremony within next few days.

Applied: Nov 2017

Test: Oct 2018

Approved: Oct 2019

Sorry but it’s really funny to see it took 1 year each action being taken such got test after 1 year, approved after 1 year of test date but luckily did not take another 1 year to have ceremony and take only 7 months. Did you travel overseas a lot since you applied? It’s a history of a victim, how careless they were to you. I feel sad for you bro. Good to see it’s ending eventually. Good luck !

Woohoo! Congrats @07Nov2017

When is the date? 

I think people who are keen for a virtual ceremony should just write in requesting for one. It might just aid the department as it then reduces their burden of having to sift through the approved applicants to find those that most likely would be suitable for virtual ceremonies(just my take on this). No harm in putting your hand up! 🙋‍♂️

Hi i am new in this forum and i am stuck.i received email friday for virtual ceremony and advise to install webex app.i did but i dont now how they will contact me monday 4 may at 1pm for ceremony. In email says click green joint meeting button end of email but i didnt find that button in my email.

Please answer

Hi @Adeel78

You will have to login at the given time and the officer will be there to start the session. If you don’t login and “join” the meeting, they won’t be calling you. 
If there isn’t a green button at the end of the email, there should be a link with a “meeting access code” and “meeting password” that you should be able to key in to the webex app to join. 
It is important to remember that they won’t call you and you’ll have to join the meeting. As suggested, make some test calls to your friends to test out how you’ll join meetings on webex.  
Good luck and congrats! 

50DE3527-492F-4FF5-965D-7185E2BD2D49.jpeg

Hi guys,

Just to add my timeline:

Application: 03 May 2019

Test email: 19 October 2019.

Test/Interview Date:  13 December 2019 (Rescheduled to 22 October)

Test/Interview completed o: 22 October 2019. Passed

Approval date:    12 December 2019.

Ceremony:    Still Waiting.

Any advice?

5 hours ago, Moyale said:

Hi guys,

Just to add my timeline:

Application: 03 May 2019

Test email: 19 October 2019.

Test/Interview Date:  13 December 2019 (Rescheduled to 22 October)

Test/Interview completed o: 22 October 2019. Passed

Approval date:    12 December 2019.

Ceremony:    Still Waiting.

Any advice?

Advice is always to wait the 90% timeframe as published on DoHA's website before considering any further action. This is currently 7 months from approval to ceremony, so with your approval date this'll be 12th July.

It sucks, but the 90% timeframe could very well extend further, given that the processing of ceremonies will have slowed right down during covid-19. 

image.png.fa701fa463f5d07c13dab217a5d910de.png

4 hours ago, millski88 said:

Advice is always to wait the 90% timeframe as published on DoHA's website before considering any further action. This is currently 7 months from approval to ceremony, so with your approval date this'll be 12th July.

It sucks, but the 90% timeframe could very well extend further, given that the processing of ceremonies will have slowed right down during covid-19. 

image.png.fa701fa463f5d07c13dab217a5d910de.png

Thanks Millski for the information.

I was thinking just dropping an email to see if anything is triggered.

my Council is Brisbane and the backlog is massive, hence not sure if any reaction comes from my email.

38 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi all,

New to the forum, applied just yesterday!  I know I am in for a long wait 🙄

Has any one been called for test recently during Covid-19?  I am based in Sydney NSW.

Thanks!

Hey mate, just wondering which council in Sydney ? i will be applying on 20th of this month and i am in Randwick

On 03/05/2020 at 21:37, Moyale said:

Thanks Millski for the information.

I was thinking just dropping an email to see if anything is triggered.

my Council is Brisbane and the backlog is massive, hence not sure if any reaction comes from my email.

I’m also Brisbane. I have now been waiting over 24 months since application. My application was approved in January. How about you?

1 minute ago, Netbg said:

I’m also Brisbane. I have now been waiting over 24 months since application. My application was approved in January. How about you?

Hi Netbg,

I submitted my application on 3 May 2019. My application was approved on 12 December 2019.

Did you try to email them to request for virtual ceremony?

Moyale

30 minutes ago, Moyale said:

Hi Netbg,

I submitted my application on 3 May 2019. My application was approved on 12 December 2019.

Did you try to email them to request for virtual ceremony?

Moyale

I haven’t yet. Have you? I had pretty much just given out hope and figured I can’t fly overseas anyway now. But I should do it, so it’s done. I have absolutely no idea why my application took so long... one of the unlucky ones. I applied 21 April 2018 

11 minutes ago, Netbg said:

I haven’t yet. Have you? I had pretty much just given out hope and figured I can’t fly overseas anyway now. But I should do it, so it’s done. I have absolutely no idea why my application took so long... one of the unlucky ones. I applied 21 April 2018 

I have just dropped and email to their email address. I am not planning to fly out until November 2020 if the restrictions is lifted round the globe, which looks unlikely.But I need the citizenship certificate to access the education loan as I am a university student. Very expensive can't pay it by myself.

We will see what if they even bother to reply.

Hi ,

Confussion on eligibility of citizen ship.

Just looking for a bit of help about application of citizenship.

I came to Australia in May 2015 on 457 and got my PR in May 2019. so I was in Australia from last 5 years with out any major breaks apart from few vacations. So I got the eligibility to apply for citizen ship.

I have a kid of age 3 years(who also has PR) was born in India and travelled to Australia during his 8th month. So he stayed in Australia for 1.4 years and went back to India when he was 2.1 years. 

From last 1 year he was in India, while applying for citizen ship I saw kids below 12 years don't require to meet the criteria of staying 4 years in Australia.  So I am thinking to lodge my citizen ship application this week. Can I lodge my kids application along with me ? or I need to lodge my individual application? 

I searched immigration site and did not understood clearly. So if some one clarifies here, could be really helpful.

Thanks

Suren.

7 hours ago, Sure said:

Hi ,

Confussion on eligibility of citizen ship.

Just looking for a bit of help about application of citizenship.

I came to Australia in May 2015 on 457 and got my PR in May 2019. so I was in Australia from last 5 years with out any major breaks apart from few vacations. So I got the eligibility to apply for citizen ship.

I have a kid of age 3 years(who also has PR) was born in India and travelled to Australia during his 8th month. So he stayed in Australia for 1.4 years and went back to India when he was 2.1 years. 

From last 1 year he was in India, while applying for citizen ship I saw kids below 12 years don't require to meet the criteria of staying 4 years in Australia.  So I am thinking to lodge my citizen ship application this week. Can I lodge my kids application along with me ? or I need to lodge my individual application? 

I searched immigration site and did not understood clearly. So if some one clarifies here, could be really helpful.

Thanks

Suren.

Hi Suren,

All kids u16 can apply citizenship with the any of parents who meet the eligibility. They don’t need to apply separately. During your application process you will be asked to include your kids

Edited by KazBaker

Hi Guys 

I just recieved an invitation to attend virtual ceremony and asked that I’m interested . I’ve emailed them back yes . 

Timeline 

citizenship applied 1 June 2019

approved 30 November 

First Ceremony canceled Covid 19 - 17 March 2020 

virtual Ceremony invitation - 06/05/2020

council - Hume city Council

• Like 1