AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi Guys,

Very happy to see virtual ceremonies happening. I will say guys who belong to City of Casey which is the worst council in Australia should do an online petition for ceremonies to be done by DoHA.

I am trying to contact these idiots and can't get hold of them.I spoke with a mate who does contract jobs for this council.He informed me that the council is dissolved because of corruption charges.He asked me to read the news about Sam Aziz and other councillors who have corruption charges on them.

So, this council is not in a position to do online ceremonies is what I am assuming.Also, I was checking other groups. City of Casey has applicants who got approved in Aug- Sept who have not got ceremony invitation..

Thid is far behind. I feel either DoHA or city of Greater dandenong council should take responsibility. Casey has the highest population in VIC.

Also, it has highest no of applicants aftee Brisbane city council..

I hope DoHA does something.

Otherwise not much hope from Casey, the worst city council of Australia.

20 hours ago, GUS said:

Hi Samlab!

I have received an email from DHA requesting my original birth certificate (not the translated one) on the 23/03/2020, however I haven´t heard back form them as yet. So, Im still waiting for the citizenship test.

What about you? any news?

Oh well that’s a good sign. Yours has started to progress. 
No, still nothing for us. 

21 hours ago, Raspuss said:

Hi Guys,

Very happy to see virtual ceremonies happening. I will say guys who belong to City of Casey which is the worst council in Australia should do an online petition for ceremonies to be done by DoHA.

I am trying to contact these idiots and can't get hold of them.I spoke with a mate who does contract jobs for this council.He informed me that the council is dissolved because of corruption charges.He asked me to read the news about Sam Aziz and other councillors who have corruption charges on them.

So, this council is not in a position to do online ceremonies is what I am assuming.Also, I was checking other groups. City of Casey has applicants who got approved in Aug- Sept who have not got ceremony invitation..

Thid is far behind. I feel either DoHA or city of Greater dandenong council should take responsibility. Casey has the highest population in VIC.

Also, it has highest no of applicants aftee Brisbane city council..

I hope DoHA does something.

Otherwise not much hope from Casey, the worst city council of Australia.

I'm from City of Casey and agree with you mostly.

However, eventhough the council under administration the citizenship ceremonies are in-progress. (not enough to clear the back-log)

1 hour ago, Jennyc said:

Hi Drni ans Lasanga,

Is the Casey council being slow even since? How about interview and test? 

Do we must choose the council where we live or can we choose others?

Thank you for help.

I got approved early November and I know people who got approved in September still waiting for ceremony in Casey. 

No you can select any council. It will be your residence address council.

On 24/04/2020 at 10:40, 07Nov2017 said:

@Dreaming_when @Lasanga Herath

to those who emailed for virtual ceremony. Have you guys heard back?

what was the compelling reason that you mentioned??

thanks 

Hi everyone,

I emailed asking for a virtual ceremony and received an auto-reply shortly after emailing. Just a short while ago (on a Sunday🤔)received an email offering me a virtual ceremony on Wed 29/4. 
The email states that only I can be visible in the video while others may be outside the view of the camera. 
I have a question to ask, my children are listed as dependents on my application. Will they be required to take the oath as well or only me(both below 16yrs)?

Wish me luck...it’s been a long journey getting here. 

• Congratulations 2

7 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

Hi everyone,

I emailed asking for a virtual ceremony and received an auto-reply shortly after emailing. Just a short while ago (on a Sunday🤔)received an email offering me a virtual ceremony on Wed 29/4. 
The email states that only I can be visible in the video while others may be outside the view of the camera. 
I have a question to ask, my children are listed as dependents on my application. Will they be required to take the oath as well or only me(both below 16yrs)?

Wooo. Congratulations 

could you please let us know which council?

8 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

Hi everyone,

You don’t need your kids inside the video to the Oath as they are U16. Kids will receive their citizenship certificate with you by AU post. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/04/2020 at 16:38, millski88 said:

I really think you're sweating the small stuff here. I'm sure it's fine to wear whatever you want given the circumstances, it's not as if anyone is going to witness it or be taking photos of you or anything.

Hi,

Mine was initially planned for 17th March as Ceremony and got cancelled two days before due to crisis.

Update from myend, I have got Virtual ceremoney invitation on 22nd April for 24th April ceremony. I have completed mine after a long journey. And this is for myself and for my son.

Timeline: 

Application: 20th-Nov-2018

Test done: 4th Sep 2019

Virtual Ceremony - 24th April'20.

Bit relaxed now and will wait for Certificate to reach in 2-3 weeks time to apply for Passport.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

Hi,
Mine was initially planned for 17th March as Ceremony and got cancelled two days before due to crisis.
Update from myend, I have got Virtual ceremoney invitation on 22nd April for 24th April ceremony. I have completed mine after a long journey. And this is for myself and for my son.
Timeline: 
Bit relaxed now and will wait for Certificate to reach in 2-3 weeks time to apply for Passport.
Regards
Congrats. Which state?

Hi all,

Congratulations who got virtual ceremony invite , just for curiosity what compelling reason you guys mentioned? Say if I have to apply for a job where Citizen is pre-requsite, then what evidence is required ?

In my case,  citizenship approved just under two months so should I wait atleast 3-6 months as per their general statement on approval letter or just write an email for virtual ceremony>

Appreciate your valuable suggestion.

Cheers!!!

Ravi

1 hour ago, Ravi2019 said:

Hi all,

Congratulations who got virtual ceremony invite , just for curiosity what compelling reason you guys mentioned? Say if I have to apply for a job where Citizen is pre-requsite, then what evidence is required ?

In my case,  citizenship approved just under two months so should I wait atleast 3-6 months as per their general statement on approval letter or just write an email for virtual ceremony>

Appreciate your valuable suggestion.

Cheers!!!

Ravi

I get the feeling many didn't have 'compelling reasons'

My invite states that we’re invited to the “TEST virtual citizenship ceremony”. Perhaps this means they’re still ironing out issues. 
But I suppose it doesn’t hurt to write in requesting or stating that you wouldn’t mind taking part in a Virtual Ceremony as not everyone would be comfortable doing this especially if they are looking for Internet savvy “guinea-pigs” to iron out issues. But the email does say that the Citizenship Cert will be posted after the virtual ceremony(so it’s for real)😀.

Hopefully everyone waiting gets an invite soon. 

Hi everyone! The deed is done! We are Australian Citizens!!
The presiding officer was very pleasant...the whole process was very quick and efficient. Had to hold my ID up to the camera and move it back and forth until the name and number was clear enough to be read by the officer. 
From what the officer said, it appears they are still ironing out issues and that soon the daily ceremony numbers were going to be picking up. 
It’s taken us 12 months and a bit from application to ceremony. 
Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications. So many people have been so helpful with advice and support(a big shout out to all the migration agents on here whose advice and guidance have helped clear up so many concerns/queries). Thank you all...we’re in this together and I’m so glad that we have PIO!! Hang in there everyone...

• Congratulations 5

3 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

Hi everyone! The deed is done! We are Australian Citizens!!
The presiding officer was very pleasant...the whole process was very quick and efficient. Had to hold my ID up to the camera and move it back and forth until the name and number was clear enough to be read by the officer. 
From what the officer said, it appears they are still ironing out issues and that soon the daily ceremony numbers were going to be picking up. 
It’s taken us 12 months and a bit from application to ceremony. 
Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications. So many people have been so helpful with advice and support(a big shout out to all the migration agents on here whose advice and guidance have helped clear up so many concerns/queries). Thank you all...we’re in this together and I’m so glad that we have PIO!! Hang in there everyone...

Congratulations 🍺🍺🍺👍

• Thanks 1

On 27/04/2020 at 09:57, saad1988 said:
On 27/04/2020 at 09:47, Maryan said:
Hi,
Timeline: 
Regards

Congrats. Which state?

Victoria.

On 20/04/2020 at 10:57, 07Nov2017 said:

Hi Guys, I'M STILL WAITING ON CEREMONY ITS BEEN 32 MONTHS 

Anyone else from Shepparton city Council

Hi Guys,

I just received an email from Home affairs VIC asking if I'm interested in virtual citizenship ceremony. I replied to them with yes.

Hopefully they will organise a ceremony within next few days.

Applied: Nov 2017

Test: Oct 2018

Approved: Oct 2019

Edited by 07Nov2017
correction