Jump to content
FlashP5sub175

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Scorpio110 said:

Department of home affairs.

Thanks, via which email?


Citizenship Application:  09-Oct 19   |   Invitation to Interview:  05-Dec 19   |    Interview and Test:  09-Jan 20   |   Approved:  09-Jan 20   |   Ceremony (Virtual):  18-Jun-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cubiscus said:

Thanks, via which email?

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Scorpio110 said:

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

Hi @Scorpio110 

am trying to email them but yahoo server says it doesn’t exist?

Is there someone else facing the same difficulty or just myself ?

 

Edited by Rvee

Application lodged. 10/08/2019

got invitation letter for test on 21/10/2019 

original test date was 21/03/2020

Reschedule same day 23/10/2019

application approved on 01/11/2019

hume council Melbourne 

ceremony : 03/06/2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scorpio110 said:

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

Thank you, have emailed


Citizenship Application:  09-Oct 19   |   Invitation to Interview:  05-Dec 19   |    Interview and Test:  09-Jan 20   |   Approved:  09-Jan 20   |   Ceremony (Virtual):  18-Jun-20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scorpio110 said:

virtual.citz.ceremony@homeaffairs.gov.au

Thanks @Scorpio110

@Rvee I emailed and got an auto-reply. So the email address is correct. Maybe a typo when you entered it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreaming_when said:

Thanks @Scorpio110

@Rvee I emailed and got an auto-reply. So the email address is correct. Maybe a typo when you entered it?

@Scorpio110 @Dreaming_when Thanks for help me out. 

I just got Auto reply from department.


Application lodged. 10/08/2019

got invitation letter for test on 21/10/2019 

original test date was 21/03/2020

Reschedule same day 23/10/2019

application approved on 01/11/2019

hume council Melbourne 

ceremony : 03/06/2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

I received an email from DHA last month on the 23/03/2020 requesting further information (original birth certificate) and stating that I had to reply within the next 28 days. I have done that straight away and am now waiting for their decision in order to take the citizenship test.

Does anyone know if they also need to get back to me within the 28 days? 

Thanks!


Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 29/04/2019

Invitation: 02/10/2020

Test Date: 26/10/2020 

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Sunshine Coast Council - Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I had my virtual ceremony today.

Just an update for all. As mentioned before the ceremony is brief and simple. The law/clause in the regulation is read to you on why the pledge of allegiance. Then the official reads it to you and you repeat it and that is all. i asked some quick questions and the most important are below.

1. When the full online ceremony would be rolled out.

Ans. As soon as all technicalities is sorted out and council will also be involved to clear up the backlogs. Was told Melbourne council already started their online trial already

2. what about testing and interviews.

They said for now they are trying to focus on ceremonies for people already approved. However, she said they are working to see what they can do to resume testing and interviewing as soon as it is possible and safe to do. 

  • Congratulations 2

Citizenship App: 4-Dec-2019
Test Invitation: 17-Dec-2019
Test Date:         21-Jan- 2020
Approval:          29-Jan-2020
Ceremony:        18-Mar-2020 (Cancelled)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OjCorrosive said:

Hi all, I had my virtual ceremony today.

Just an update for all. As mentioned before the ceremony is brief and simple. The law/clause in the regulation is read to you on why the pledge of allegiance. Then the official reads it to you and you repeat it and that is all. i asked some quick questions and the most important are below.

1. When the full online ceremony would be rolled out.

Ans. As soon as all technicalities is sorted out and council will also be involved to clear up the backlogs. Was told Melbourne council already started their online trial already

2. what about testing and interviews.

They said for now they are trying to focus on ceremonies for people already approved. However, she said they are working to see what they can do to resume testing and interviewing as soon as it is possible and safe to do. 

Congratulations 🎂🎂🎂🍺🍺🍺🥃 party hard

  • Like 1

Application lodged. 10/08/2019

got invitation letter for test on 21/10/2019 

original test date was 21/03/2020

Reschedule same day 23/10/2019

application approved on 01/11/2019

hume council Melbourne 

ceremony : 03/06/2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been 4 months since my interview and test, and my citizenship application is still pending. 

I understand that there may have been delays caused by Covid-19 outbreak but I feel that my citizenship approval has been adversely impacted by this delay.

Considering that I am a single applicant with a very transparent life history, NO spouse/children or travel history during my 4-year residence in Australia, and a citizenship test passed with 100% score, I cannot see why others are being approved hours after their test took place, and my case approval is taking so long.

Sad reacts only please.

  • Sad 3

PR VISA: 221213 EXTERNAL AUDITOR | 27/08/12 NAATI Community Language (Russian) | 22/06/15 PTE Academic (L90 R90 S90 W90) | 26/06/15 CPA Skills Assessment (12/12) | 26/06/15 EOI | 03/08/15 Invitation to apply | 24/08/15 Visa lodged | 08/10/15 GRANT | 01/12/15 Landed in AUSTRALIA

CITIZENSHIP: 01/12/19 Application Lodged | 20/01/20 Invitation Received | 21/01/20 Interview & Test Passed (100%) | Pending Approval | Pending Ceremony Invitation | Pending Ceremony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

It's been 4 months since my interview and test, and my citizenship application is still pending. 

I understand that there may have been delays caused by Covid-19 outbreak but I feel that my citizenship approval has been adversely impacted by this delay.

Considering that I am a single applicant with a very transparent life history, NO spouse/children or travel history during my 4-year residence in Australia, and a citizenship test passed with 100% score, I cannot see why others are being approved hours after their test took place, and my case approval is taking so long.

Sad reacts only please.

Did you have any traffic offences or any fine pending or court hearing on any other offences at the time of interview? Some people have similar situation and get stuck and taken time to get processed. If not may be only covid-19 causing your application getting delayed. But surely it will be soon. Best wishes 

  • Like 1

PR applied: 09/11/2017, PR Granted 21/09/2018, citizenship applied: 26/09/2019, Citizenship Test & Approved 07/01/2020, Citizenship Ceremony 04/03/2020

  “Australian Citizen”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

It's been 4 months since my interview and test, and my citizenship application is still pending. 

I understand that there may have been delays caused by Covid-19 outbreak but I feel that my citizenship approval has been adversely impacted by this delay.

Considering that I am a single applicant with a very transparent life history, NO spouse/children or travel history during my 4-year residence in Australia, and a citizenship test passed with 100% score, I cannot see why others are being approved hours after their test took place, and my case approval is taking so long.

Sad reacts only please.

Well there some like me who applied in December 19 and haven't had a test invite. Keep fingers crossed. Approval should be right around the corner for you.

  • Like 1

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 13/12/2019

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Mackay Regional Council, Mackay, Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OjCorrosive said:

 

2. what about testing and interviews.

They said for now they are trying to focus on ceremonies for people already approved. However, she said they are working to see what they can do to resume testing and interviewing as soon as it is possible and safe to do. 

Does this mean that they will until COVID restrictions cease to resume test/interview? If so, then we are at least 4-6 months away. I actually heard/read somewhere that they're trying to get a method that works even in the COVID restrictions which sounded encouraging. Now I'm confused.


Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 13/12/2019

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Mackay Regional Council, Mackay, Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Does this mean that they will until COVID restrictions cease to resume test/interview? If so, then we are at least 4-6 months away. I actually heard/read somewhere that they're trying to get a method that works even in the COVID restrictions which sounded encouraging. Now I'm confused.

Yes. The lady did mention they are working on a modality to see if they can resume testing and interviews as soon as possible. But she did say as I can understand the COVID-19 situation has made face to face interview impracticable for now. Personally I think their challenge is to 1. work out how to verify original documents via video links and also how to conduct the test without someone assisting the person taking it (If done via video link). Another aspect would be conducting it using strict social distancing technique. 


Citizenship App: 4-Dec-2019
Test Invitation: 17-Dec-2019
Test Date:         21-Jan- 2020
Approval:          29-Jan-2020
Ceremony:        18-Mar-2020 (Cancelled)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OjCorrosive said:

Yes. The lady did mention they are working on a modality to see if they can resume testing and interviews as soon as possible. But she did say as I can understand the COVID-19 situation has made face to face interview impracticable for now. Personally I think their challenge is to 1. work out how to verify original documents via video links and also how to conduct the test without someone assisting the person taking it (If done via video link). Another aspect would be conducting it using strict social distancing technique. 

Why is face to face interview impracticable now? I understand they need a 1.5 metre distance. Many centrelink offies have partition put in where this distance is met and still the officer can speak with the person.

I can understand cancellation of ceremonies where over 100 people usually gather. But interview/test, you just need 2 people at distance of 1.5 metres from each other which is very easy to achieve.


Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 13/12/2019

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Mackay Regional Council, Mackay, Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Why is face to face interview impracticable now? I understand they need a 1.5 metre distance. Many centrelink offies have partition put in where this distance is met and still the officer can speak with the person.

I can understand cancellation of ceremonies where over 100 people usually gather. But interview/test, you just need 2 people at distance of 1.5 metres from each other which is very easy to achieve.

Because in order to reach the office for the test people have to leave their homes, maybe take public transport, pass people in the street etc. 

Many government staff are working from home to cut down the number of staff in city offices. Many applicants are also isolating at home and do not want to enter city centres

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Because in order to reach the office for the test people have to leave their homes, maybe take public transport, pass people in the street etc. 

Many government staff are working from home to cut down the number of staff in city offices. Many applicants are also isolating at home and do not want to enter city centres

 

Oh OK. Maybe this is true for big cities. Where I'm based in Mackay, government staff are still working from office. Centrelink is working.


Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 13/12/2019

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Mackay Regional Council, Mackay, Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/04/2020 at 12:28, samlab said:

Any news yet Gus?
Or anyone else moving forward with their applications on the Sunny Coast? 
We applied 17th December 2019 and heard nothing since. 

Hi Samlab!

I have received an email from DHA requesting my original birth certificate (not the translated one) on the 23/03/2020, however I haven´t heard back form them as yet. So, Im still waiting for the citizenship test.

 

What about you? any news?


Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 29/04/2019

Invitation: 02/10/2020

Test Date: 26/10/2020 

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Sunshine Coast Council - Queensland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GUS said:

Hi Guys,

I received an email from DHA last month on the 23/03/2020 requesting further information (original birth certificate) and stating that I had to reply within the next 28 days. I have done that straight away and am now waiting for their decision in order to take the citizenship test.

Does anyone know if they also need to get back to me within the 28 days? 

Thanks!

Hi,

I had the same thing, they have requested further information (original birthday certificate).

That was on the 20th of February 2020 and I responded back on the 27th and still no reply back from them so the answer is no I guess 🙂


Citizenship Application: 04/03/2019

Request more information: 20/02/2020

Test invitation: 29/9/2020

Test Date: 29/10/2020

Approval: Approved on 10/11/2020

Ceremony: TBA

City: Wagga Wagga, NSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to take it easy guys .. they requested a Service Form from me which gives details if I have served in the army. You will be approved when its time .. dont be afraid😊

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

Just received a call from DoHA, about attending the trial online ceremony next Friday.

The journey is finally coming to an end!! 🎉

Here's my timeline

Citizenship App: 10-Oct-2019
Test Invitation: 28-Feb-2020
Test Date:         05-Mar- 2020
Approval:          05-Mar-2020
Ceremony:        01-May-2020

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DrNi said:

Hi guys,

Just received a call from DoHA, about attending the trial online ceremony next Friday.

The journey is finally coming to an end!! 🎉

Here's my timeline

Citizenship App: 10-Oct-2019
Test Invitation: 28-Feb-2020
Test Date:         05-Mar- 2020
Approval:          05-Mar-2020
Ceremony:        01-May-2020

Congrats @DrNi what a wonderful feeling!! 
Did you write in to request a Virtual Ceremony? Also which council/state? Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×