AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, Maryan said:

Got email from Virtual ceremony to check I'm OK to go ahead with Virtual way of ceremony and asking me to confirm it by 21st of April'20. Mostly will get to know the actual dates in the coming weeks. Will keep you posted here.

Awesome! Yeah it’d be interesting to know if you’d previously had a ceremony cancelled or if you were waiting for one.

On 25/02/2020 at 17:38, OjCorrosive said:

I just got home from work and saw an email inviting me for a trial virtual ceremony for next week Wednesday. I have responded that I will love to participate as requested in the email. Waiting for their second email. Hopefully would come Monday. Cheers

• Congratulations 2

Hi Guys,

I am asking this to guys who had virtual ceremony. Should we wear suit, professional dress for the ceremony or I will say just wear something professional waist above.

I am just wondering should we be doing the ceremony standing or sitting in front of laptop. I am working from home and I have got ceremony on 20th April 4 pm.

• Congratulations 3

On 17/04/2020 at 11:24, Maryan said:

Got email from Virtual ceremony to check I'm OK to go ahead with Virtual way of ceremony and asking me to confirm it by 21st of April'20. Mostly will get to know the actual dates in the coming weeks. Will keep you posted here.

Could you please let us know.Which state and council ?

6 hours ago, IndianzinOZ said:

Hi Guys,

I am asking this to guys who had virtual ceremony. Should we wear suit, professional dress for the ceremony or I will say just wear something professional waist above.

I am just wondering should we be doing the ceremony standing or sitting in front of laptop. I am working from home and I have got ceremony on 20th April 4 pm.

I really think you're sweating the small stuff here. I'm sure it's fine to wear whatever you want given the circumstances, it's not as if anyone is going to witness it or be taking photos of you or anything.

8 hours ago, IndianzinOZ said:

Hi Guys,

@Indianinoz So happy for you. Wear your best clothes and stand tall in front of your computer. Make the whole day a celebration. It’s been a long journey and you deserve to be proud of how far you’ve come. 

We applied the same time as you but were  still waiting for our test. 

Edited by samlab

On 10/04/2020 at 12:08, KazBaker said:

You need to apply for your newborn “Evidence of citizenship” once baby’s birth certificate arrive. You have to apply this separately. I had a baby recently and i did it

Hi Kaz, can you please guide me regarding the form 1195 as how did you submit your newborn photo as the requirement says needs to be identity declared, as who has done this for your child, kindly advise 

1 hour ago, galisuman said:

Hi Kaz, can you please guide me regarding the form 1195 as how did you submit your newborn photo as the requirement says needs to be identity declared, as who has done this for your child, kindly advise 

The Maternal and Child Health Nurse can do this for you, MCH from your local council. 

I did the same a year ago with my baby's MCH nurse. 

13 hours ago, Joyfullheart said:

Can you please take a screenshot of the email in anticipation for ours 😊?

Good afternoon XXXXX,

You are invited to participate in a trial virtual one-on-one video Australian citizenship ceremony on Wed 22, 2020 at xxxxx.

This virtual ceremony is part of an initial trial approach with the view to rolling out virtual ceremonies more broadly in the coming weeks and months.  

Could you please read through the following email as soon as possible and respond by 12pm, Tuesday, 21 April 2020 advising if you wish to participate.

Please also advise if you wish to opt out of the virtual Citizenship Ceremony process.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by OjCorrosive
  • Congratulations 1

12 hours ago, IndianzinOZ said:

Hi Guys,

Congrats mate. I look forward to hear from you after your virtual ceremony on how it all went. Mine is for Wednesday.

5 hours ago, galisuman said:

Hi friend,

I took my newborn to au post and they will take your kids photos. And you need form 1195 filled and a photo to be taken to regular GP who knows your family more than 1 year. My gp done for us.

We have had a son born recently. As you can see from my signature, me and my wife applied for citizenship in December 2019. So far there hasn't been any update. We wish to fly to your home country once the COVID issue is sorted out, hopefully by September.

Just checking about what are the norms for travel to home country once you have applied citizenship. We usually go for 1 month each year. But this time, with the bub, it will be a longer visit. Say 2-3 months. Then early next year, we may have to travel again as we have a close wedding. This may be another 2 months. My wife is on her maternity leave, so it makes travel easy for us as I can work on the computer. Hence, the longer visits.

2 travels of 2-3 months each in a space of 9-12 months, is it too much? Of course, these are just trips with our permanent residence and jobs/work being based in Australia. Could this affect citizenship by any chance? I understand for the test/interview we usually need to be in Australia. Also, they don't approve the application while we are overseas. And for citizenship ceremony(even for the online one), we need to be in Australia.

On 08/10/2019 at 16:15, 07Nov2017 said:

Ok guys after 23 months of waiting I can confirm my Citizenship application has been approved today!!! emoji322.pngemoji323.png
Applied in Nov 2017
Test passed in October 2018
Application approved in October 2019

I had to go through immigration global feedback and put in a query asking why my application has almost taken two years and still there’s no approval.

It seemed to me they had forgotten about my application, they replied to my query after 2 weeks saying that the application is approved today.

Hi Guys, I'M STILL WAITING ON CEREMONY ITS BEEN 32 MONTHS 

Anyone else from Shepparton city Council

1 minute ago, 07Nov2017 said:

@KazBakerTimeline is up there mate I was quoting my own post from oct 2019

Applied in Nov 2017
Test passed in October 2018
Application approved in October 2019
Ceremony: Waiting

It’s been about 29 months since you applied and and already 6 months since your approval. I guess you should hear something from immigration for your ceremony soon. Unreal though !

30 minutes ago, Scorpio110 said:

@Dreaming_when and @OjCorrosive thanks. I applied for citizenship in April 2018 .approved on 9 sep 2019.then emailed them on last Thursday, that we r intrested in online ceremony .they sent us online invitation on friday .its just a 10 mins video call on web ax and all done.

Our is Melbourne city council vic 3000