AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

13 hours ago, Ravi2019 said:

Dear all

Has any one lucky so far to get invite for Citizenship Ceremony with Govt's new approach ?

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx

Cheers!!!

Ravi

No, but thanks for the information. Looks like tests have been put on hold. 

Edited by samlab

2 minutes ago, samlab said:

No, but thanks for the information. Looks like tests have been put on hold. 

They’ve no option as it’s impossible for them to ensure people aren’t cheating doing a test remotely and you would still need an interview for the to sight your documents as genuine anyway. 

3 hours ago, Danny842003 said:

They’ve no option as it’s impossible for them to ensure people aren’t cheating doing a test remotely and you would still need an interview for the to sight your documents as genuine anyway. 

I wasn’t complaining. That’s fair enough given the circumstances. I just wasn’t aware they had officially done that until I read the information on the link. 

On 10/04/2020 at 12:08, KazBaker said:

You need to apply for your newborn “Evidence of citizenship” once baby’s birth certificate arrive. You have to apply this separately. I had a baby recently and i did it

Thank you applying for the evidence of citizenship long process though...

On 10/04/2020 at 12:08, KazBaker said:

You need to apply for your newborn “Evidence of citizenship” once baby’s birth certificate arrive. You have to apply this separately. I had a baby recently and i did it

We have had a new born recently too. We have applied for Birth certificate. Once I get it, can I use my immi account to apply for Evidence of Citizenship also? I applied my and my wife's citizenship by conferral through this account also.

On 12/04/2020 at 19:12, Ravi2019 said:

Dear all

Has any one lucky so far to get invite for Citizenship Ceremony with Govt's new approach ?

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx

Cheers!!!

Ravi

Seen someone on another forum get one already. They'd already had a ceremony scheduled in March though, which had been cancelled. The online ceremony was scheduled 2 days after this person received an email, and they were asked to confirm immediately. The email emphasised that this was a trial run at online ceremonies, so they might not yet be in full swing.

On 06/04/2020 at 08:51, olloyd21 said:

Does anyone know if at this stage they are still processing or approving Citizenship applications? I had my test/exam in December 2019, waiting for an answer on my approval after submitting a few final documents early Jan...last correspondence was 2 weeks ago letting me know they are finalising an updated NSW police check...

I'm in the same boat mate, had my test and interview on Jan, 21 and haven't had any updates since... 

Update on virtual ceremonies (from the one person i've seen online to post about their experience)

• Currently only Canberra office performing online ceremonies, with randomly selected applicants (likely picked from those who already had a ceremony scheduled and cancelled)
  • Starting Monday next week, Melbourne DoHA office joins in the initial batches, followed by other state's offices
  • After this (not sure of exact timeframe), local councils will be briefed on the process and will also start hosting virtual ceremonies

Apparently took 6 minutes today for this person to complete theirs and ask lots of questions.

EDIT: Just confirmed, case officer said the local councils will resume on their lists once they're up and running, rather than a national pool. But a national team will continue picking up slack across all councils too.

Edited by millski88
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, millski88 said:

Update on virtual ceremonies (from the one person i've seen online to post about their experience)

• Currently only Canberra office performing online ceremonies, with randomly selected applicants (likely picked from those who already had a ceremony scheduled and cancelled)
  • Starting Monday next week, Melbourne DoHA office joins in the initial batches, followed by other state's offices
  • After this (not sure of exact timeframe), local councils will be briefed on the process and will also start hosting virtual ceremonies

Apparently took 6 minutes today for this person to complete theirs and ask lots of questions.

EDIT: Just confirmed, case officer said the local councils will resume on their lists once they're up and running, rather than a national pool. But a national team will continue picking up slack across all councils too.

Awesome update mate. We should honestly grab a beer soon!

I was approved yesterday - finally! Good luck with yours.

My dates:

Applied: June 2018

Exam Date Notification: November 2019

Exam: December 12

Requested additional information January 2

Approved: 15 April 2020

Awaiting ceremony date/next steps.

21 hours ago, Georgiegie said:

I'm in the same boat mate, had my test and interview on Jan, 21 and haven't had any updates since... 

• Congratulations 2

25 minutes ago, olloyd21 said:

I was approved yesterday - finally! Good luck with yours.

My dates:

Applied: June 2018

Exam Date Notification: November 2019

Exam: December 12

Requested additional information January 2

Approved: 15 April 2020

Awaiting ceremony date/next steps.

Congrats! And thanks to all for the updates regarding the online ceremonies. 

On 15/04/2020 at 07:14, Indianinoz said:

We have had a new born recently too. We have applied for Birth certificate. Once I get it, can I use my immi account to apply for Evidence of Citizenship also? I applied my and my wife's citizenship by conferral through this account also.

Yes, you can apply for your newborn “Evidence of citizenship” you need birth certificate for newborn, you and your partner passport, PR grant letter, etc. it will be a new application though for newborn