AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

8 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi guys,

I have question about the scanning of photo for the form 1195. How big should the photo size be ? I mean the harf copy is as per the specs. But how big should the scanned soft copy be ? 

Should it be same size on the screen as the actual photo (i.e. 35mm by 45mm) ? Or should it be scanned copy be A4 size ? I am very confused about this.

Thank you

Hoping that someone will answer soon, confused about the same

9 minutes ago, garrychandi said:

Hoping that someone will answer soon, confused about the same

Hi Garry 

you can do either way , can upload the actual photo or put it on A4 but do sign it at back off the photo . They are not fussy about photo it’s just for the Record . 
cheers

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dhinchak said:

Can someone please answer my query ?

Hi mate,

You do 1 applicarion and you can add ur family members in that..

In 1 application, there will be 4 people and you will have to upload docs for every person individually..

Your adult son's license is fine for address proof.

They don't look more than that. Address is just to send approval letter and invitation for ceremony. My experience is otherwise they don't care much about address.

Aadhar is not mandatory..I didn't give my Aadhar.Just passport, driving license, birth certificate and overseas pccs is what they want.

I didn't had my birth certificate, they asked me for school leaving certificate.

That is it.

Hope I answered ur query.

Edited by IndianzinOZ

On 07/04/2020 at 06:27, IndianzinOZ said:

Guys citizenship ceremonies going online...

People who have given tests still getting approved but at a lower pace..

Ones who have to give tests need to wait bcoz there is no online process for that..

But once restrictions ease, they will put more resources to catchup.

Great news..

Our hardwork and petition got answered.

How do you know approvals are still being processed?

On 06/04/2020 at 17:39, jess6 said:

Yes, that was already the official timeline before.

I personally got approved on December 20 and still hadn't received an invitation for the mid-April ceremony of my council which indicates that timeline.

I think that we have to admit that considering the circumstances, it is actually a pretty good effort from the department. They could have very well put us on ice.  

Is there any evidence these online or 1 person ceremonies are happening across the country? I can only see mention of Canberra.

With the timeline now at 7 months for 90% from approval to ceremony, not getting an April ceremony from a late-Dec approval isn't hugely surprising, is it? In Victoria especially, even before COVID-19 the ceremony wait seemed to be on that 90% estimate or longer in a lot of cases.

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, millski88 said:

Is there any evidence these online or 1 person ceremonies are happening across the country? I can only see mention of Canberra.

With the timeline now at 7 months for 90% from approval to ceremony, not getting an April ceremony from a late-Dec approval isn't hugely surprising, is it? In Victoria especially, even before COVID-19 the ceremony wait seemed to be on that 90% estimate or longer in a lot of cases.

What makes you think it concerns only Canberra?

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx

Regarding the timeline, yes, this is what I was saying : announced solution is in line with the usual timeline. Why do you think I was surprised? 🙃

My observation about my council was that ceremony would usually happen 4 to 5 months after approval date when I checked in December. But that always fluctuates. Before COVID, I was expecting receiving an invitation for early May. 

so yes, I thought and still think the online solution will probably stay within timelines.

I now expect receiving an invitation for July or August. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jess6 said:

What makes you think it concerns only Canberra?

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx

Regarding the timeline, yes, this is what I was saying : announced solution is in line with the usual timeline. Why do you think I was surprised? 🙃

My observation about my council was that ceremony would usually happen 4 to 5 months after approval date when I checked in December. But that always fluctuates. Before COVID, I was expecting receiving an invitation for early May. 

so yes, I thought and still think the online solution will probably stay within timelines.

I now expect receiving an invitation for July or August. 

Apologies, i didn't mean to come across a grump!

We had to update our records after moving house (and council areas) yesterday, after already waiting 5.5 months from date of approval, and discovered there might be further delays because of this... what a drain.

I did read a bit more in to the ceremonies yesterday... does look like they're national. Although, given the volume they're able to cover with the online ceremonies i think there's a good chance we'll be out of COVID-19 restrictions before we get to our ceremony! Ah well, at least it's something for those closer to ceremony, and the queue won't completely stall.

People who were scheduled to attend a Citizenship appointment or ceremony over the coming months will be contacted to make alternative arrangements.

It's this statement that makes me believe we'll be waiting until well after COVID-19 restrictions. We didn't have a ceremony scheduled, and the online ceremonies will only drip through applicants compared to the usual ceremonies. 

Hi Guys I am back on the forum with a questions, we are applying for our citizenship in May this year, we have a new born this month 👶 and I want to know me and my partner are permanent residents and want to know if bub is eligible for Australian Passport or should he wait with us to get passport. Kindly advise.

1 hour ago, galisuman said:

Hi Guys I am back on the forum with a questions, we are applying for our citizenship in May this year, we have a new born this month 👶 and I want to know me and my partner are permanent residents and want to know if bub is eligible for Australian Passport or should he wait with us to get passport. Kindly advise.

You need to apply for your newborn “Evidence of citizenship” once baby’s birth certificate arrive. You have to apply this separately. I had a baby recently and i did it

Edited by KazBaker

On 03/03/2020 at 09:37, GUS said:

Hey mate.... Im also on the Sunny Coast.

Me and my partner applied in April/2019 and we haven't received anything yet. =(

Any news yet Gus?
Or anyone else moving forward with their applications on the Sunny Coast? 
We applied 17th December 2019 and heard nothing since.