AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Your child is automatically a citizen if they were born in Australia and you were PR.  

You have to apply for evidence of citizenship for the passport application.  It is automatic as they are a citizen from birth, it takes a couple of weeks normally. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Your child is automatically a citizen if they were born in Australia and you were PR.  

You have to apply for evidence of citizenship for the passport application.  It is automatic as they are a citizen from birth, it takes a couple of weeks normally. 

Thanks rammygirl. Appreciate it.

16 hours ago, Andrecmartins said:

I tried to reschedule May interview but it's currently not working. 

"All citizenship test appointments have been suspended for the time being. You will be advised in due course as soon as interviews and testing resumes. Please see information below:

Rescheduled Citizenship Appointments

The Australian government is taking steps to mitigate potential health risks due to the recent spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

To respond effectively to this evolving situation, citizenship appointments have been rescheduled.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

For further COVID-19 information visit the Department of Health website:

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert"

Your interview got rescheduled to later date (from May)? or cancelled?

Just a quick question in response to a post that I read here some time back (I haven't been able to relocate that post since). In cases where children under 16 are included in one parent's citizenship application, but the other parent is not applying (a choice because that parent's country of origin does not allow for dual citizenship), is the non-applying parent required to provide a letter of consent? And if so, does anyone have a handy template?

Cheers

23 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Hi, with your advice I applied for the evidence of citizenship yesterday 3pm for my son and I received the approval Letter this morning 9:37am. Status : Finalised. How quick they were on it. Wao. They already sent the citizenship certificate by aupost.

Thanks for your good advice. Thank you Rammygirl. 

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

3 hours ago, JonOgre said:

Just a quick question in response to a post that I read here some time back (I haven't been able to relocate that post since). In cases where children under 16 are included in one parent's citizenship application, but the other parent is not applying (a choice because that parent's country of origin does not allow for dual citizenship), is the non-applying parent required to provide a letter of consent? And if so, does anyone have a handy template?

Cheers

Yes you need your partners consent to include kids. It is a basic consent letter. You can write the details of the kids and say “i give consent to my partner to include my kids to my partner’s citizenship application” - Simple

just include your partner’s details as well on statutory declarations at Justice of peace. 

On 25/03/2020 at 15:13, KazBaker said:

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me what i need:

my second child born before we become citizen of Australia. So second child doesn’t have any citizenship certificate because we couldn’t include him at the time of our citizenship application due to newly born baby.

Now after becoming citizen we are applying for passport of this second child with us. Is second child automatically citizen or i have to apply for the evidence of citizenship?

Fact to consider:

Citizenship application 26/09/2019

baby born 28/12/2019

Citizenship 04/03/2020.

Apply for evidence of citizenship. It takes 1-4 business days to be approved. Easy!

They will send you the Au certificate

On 26/03/2020 at 13:48, KazBaker said:

Yes you need your partners consent to include kids. It is a basic consent letter. You can write the details of the kids and say “i give consent to my partner to include my kids to my partner’s citizenship application” - Simple

just include your partner’s details as well on statutory declarations at Justice of peace. 

Much obliged, KazBaker!

Hi, 

After I've got married in Australia I then changed my last name into married name. Do I need to provide change of name certificate with my Citizenship application or  Australian marriage certificate is sufficient???

On 25/03/2020 at 15:16, rammygirl said:

Hi I need a help from you but my question is not relate to above answer.

I've got married in Australia I then changed my last name into married name. Do I need to provide change of name certificate with my Citizenship application or  Australian marriage certificate is sufficient???

9 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Hi I need a help from you but my question is not relate to above answer.

I've got married in Australia I then changed my last name into married name. Do I need to provide change of name certificate with my Citizenship application or  Australian marriage certificate is sufficient???

Hi,

i guess you need to submit the revised birth Registration & birth certificate. And you need to update all the official legal details as well as identity documents though i am not sure about it 100%. As it creates complex situation to any decision maker. 
or other side leave it for now, let the citizenship application get processed and update it afterwards. 

36 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Hi,

i guess you need to submit the revised birth Registration & birth certificate. And you need to update all the official legal details as well as identity documents though i am not sure about it 100%. As it creates complex situation to any decision maker. 
or other side leave it for now, let the citizenship application get processed and update it afterwards. 

Thanks

I have started the process of filling up the application for me and my family.

We are four (Me,my wife, my son who is above 18 now and other son who is still teenager

Do I have to raise four different applications ?

I have started with my elder son creating new immi account. 

My question is related to "Evidence of current residential address" for my son and he has Drivers learner permit. Can I provide that as residence proof ? It only has expiry date and no issue date mentioned on it.

I have started the process of filling up the application for me and my family.

We are four (Me,my wife, my son who is above 18 now and other son who is still teenager

Do I have to raise four different applications ?

I have started with my elder son creating new immi account. 

My question is related to "Evidence of current residential address" for my son and he has Drivers learner permit. Can I provide that as residence proof ? It only has expiry date and no issue date mentioned on it.

Also I noticed that in application it asked for national identity number . I have this for Me my wife and elder son but younger son doesnt have any Adhaar card (we are from India) as he was too young for Adhaar when we moved here. So what document shall I provide for him as National identity

2 hours ago, Aquarian_86 said:

Any updates on citizenship ceremonies with regards to the COVID19 changes ? Am sure it's not the priority for councils atm, but I hope they come out with alternatives (online ceremonies) soon-ish. Would hate to wait another 6 months 😞 

More to do with the Minister and the Department than the councils.

You have the possibility of signing this: http://chng.it/GD5tCbDShK

Also, you can write to your local PM and the Department to raise it.

NZ has already found a solution, so AU should be able to do so as well. 

hi Guys

My test and appointment is booked on 22th April, but i have not heard from the dept that they going to postpone or anything due to the virus.

should i call and check? or just prepare for the test and turns up on that day to sit for the test?