AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

Joining PIO must be my lucky charm! Joined and submitted my 1st post on PIO yesterday and today I got my citizenship appointment interview! Way to go PIO!! The force is strong with PIO! 🙂

now to prepare for the test!!!

Congrats mate..!! What Council are you from and what was your Application date

On 10/03/2020 at 16:54, mau88 said:

Hello everyone. Just sharing with you all our timeline:

* Eligible to Apply for Citizenship – 22 Nov 2019

* City/Council area – Canberra, ACT

1.       Date applied (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

2.       Acknowledgement received (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

3.       Invitation to attend Citizenship Interview/Test – 20 Jan 2020 (for 23 Mar 2020)

4.       Citizenship Interview/Test – 30 Jan 2020 (rescheduled date)

5.       Approval Date (Online) – 03 Mar 2020

6.       Invitation to attend Ceremony – TBA

7.       Ceremony – TBA

Hi, I was wondering if you have received ceremony invitation? I was approved on 5th of March and I am waiting for the invitation letter. Thank you. 

15 hours ago, Sina_shah said:

Hi, I was wondering if you have received ceremony invitation? I was approved on 5th of March and I am waiting for the invitation letter. Thank you. 

Hi. I haven't received a ceremony invite yet. Will let you know if that happens.

I’ve got my ceremony on Monday 16th. No news of cancellation yet, but wouldn’t be surprised to receive one on Monday.

I received this update on Friday:

Further information regarding your upcoming citizenship ceremony

We recently wrote to you to provide information on precautionary safety measures at your citizenship ceremony in regards to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

In addition to the measures now in place, the department recommends that you do not bring children, family members or other guests to your citizenship ceremony.

If you are unwell with respiratory illness please do not attend your scheduled citizenship ceremony.

If you cannot attend this ceremony, you will receive notification of non-attendance which you should disregard in this instance and a new ceremony invitation will be sent to you in due course.

If you have already attended your citizenship ceremony, please disregard this message.

The Department of Health is leading the response within Australia and is providing advice on the safety precautions that should be put in place which is available from the Department of Health website using the following link: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov

This is an automated message from the Department of Home Affairs from an unmonitored mailbox. Please do not reply.

Hi Guys,

I have received email from city of Casey of not attending March 30th ceremony if having respiratory illness.

I spoke with a friend who works in City council and he told me that maybe citizenship ceremonies of this month may not happen.

They are also closely looking at next month ceremonies.

Instead, he told me that later they have plans to do more dates to catch up on ceremonies.I am talking about Casey.

Citizenship ceremony still going ahead on the 
Northern Beaches tomorrow at the moment:

Important information regarding your citizenship ceremony tomorrow evening

In light of the latest advice from the Department of Health on Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are changing the format of the ceremony on Monday evening. These are precautionary measures to ensure your safety and that of our staff as well as allowing the ceremony to continue.

The key message now is about the effective management of what is called ‘social distancing’. This is about creating safe space between people in public places to minimise the risk of transmitting the virus. So to reduce the number of people at Monday’s ceremony we have implemented the following changes:

1.       We request that only yourself and family members receiving a certificate attend.

Due to limits on the number attending, we ask that no additional family or friends come along.

Please take photos to commemorate the occasion with your family and friends at home.

2.       Additional spacing  between seats will be allocated for those attending.

This is about creating safe spaces for you and reducing the risk of transmission.

3.       Your certificate will be issued to you in your individual folder.

Unfortunately, there will be no presentations or photos taken during the ceremony on stage.

We appreciate your support in putting in place the best measures for the safety of everyone in our community. There will also be hand sanitizer available and hand washing facilities at the venue

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is very basic but I've decided to apply on my own (not using my agent). I've finished my application and it is ready to submit. I thought at one stage I could add my husband as a secondary applicant but they only asked a bit of information. Does he have to apply on his own using his IMMI account?

Thank you guys hope you can help me so I can submit both applications today. We have all the docs ready. 

4 minutes ago, hushi19 said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is very basic but I've decided to apply on my own (not using my agent). I've finished my application and it is ready to submit. I thought at one stage I could add my husband as a secondary applicant but they only asked a bit of information. Does he have to apply on his own using his IMMI account?

Thank you guys hope you can help me so I can submit both applications today. We have all the docs ready. 

Anyone applying who’s above 16yrs needs to apply independently(separate application). Children/dependents  below 16 yrs can be included in either parents’ application. But you can use the same immi account to apply for both you and your spouse. 

7 minutes ago, Dreaming_when said:

Anyone applying who’s above 16yrs needs to apply independently(separate application). Children/dependents  below 16 yrs can be included in either parents’ application. But you can use the same immi account to apply for both you and your spouse. 

Thank you so much 🙂 

Hello all -

I have my citizenship application ready to lodge online, but need advice on the "travel outside Australia since age 18" requirement. I found an earlier thread where the helpline told an applicant this only applies to the past 10 years, but am nervous about not submitting a full record. Unfortunately I am 45 and a business consultant (living in Oz past 4 years with PR) so that's a LOT of travel abroad!

Anyone know the latest on submitting travel on citizenship applications? Is it possible to attach a spreadsheet of travel rather than filling in the online date format for each trip? I cannot find any flexibility in noting which dates are general vs. precise.

Thank you!

Colette

Hello all -

I have my citizenship application ready to lodge online, but need advice on the "travel outside Australia since age 18" requirement. I found an earlier thread where the helpline told an applicant this only applies to the past 10 years, but am nervous about not submitting a full record. Unfortunately I am 45 and a business consultant (living in Oz past 4 years with PR) so that's a LOT of travel abroad!

Anyone know the latest on submitting travel on citizenship applications? Is it possible to attach a spreadsheet of travel rather than filling in the online date format for each trip? I cannot find any flexibility in noting which dates are general vs. precise.

Thank you!

Colette

I think the paper form only asks for the last 10 years whereas online they ask for all.

I also travelled overseas a lot for work and I listed it all because I couldn’t find anything to say I didn’t need to.

I didn’t add a spreadsheet I entered it into the form.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:

I think the paper form only asks for the last 10 years whereas online they ask for all.

I also travelled overseas a lot for work and I listed it all because I couldn’t find anything to say I didn’t need to.

I didn’t add a spreadsheet I entered it into the form.

I’ve also travelled a lot overseas for work and holidays. I only listed the last 10 years(as LouDYorkie mentioned) which in itself was pages long. You have to use the online form as when you finally click submit, each entry appears on the application form which you get a copy of.

What I did was I created a spreadsheet  which allowed for corrections and me remembering trips that I’d forgotten and this allowed me to sort according to date once I was done before entering it into the online form. I believe immi has all the dates of your travel whilst you’ve been living in Aus but they won’t have any of your movements prior to that. I tried to be as accurate as possible, which should be the goal, referencing passport entry and exit stamps and e-flight tickets but I don’t think you’ll be penalised if you’re off by a day or two. 

Good luck! That was the hardest part of the application for me. 

Edited by Dreaming_when
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

I’ve also travelled a lot overseas for work and holidays. I only listed the last 10 years(as LouDYorkie mentioned) which in itself was pages long. You have to use the online form as when you finally click submit, each entry appears on the application form which you get a copy of.

What I did was I created a spreadsheet  which allowed for corrections and me remembering trips that I’d forgotten and this allowed me to sort according to date once I was done before entering it into the online form. I believe immi has all the dates of your travel whilst you’ve been living in Aus but they won’t have any of your movements prior to that. I tried to be as accurate as possible, which should be the goal, referencing passport entry and exit stamps and e-flight tickets but I don’t think you’ll be penalised if you’re off by a day or two. 

Good luck! That was the hardest part of the application for me. 

Hi,

How did you all prove your evidences in your travel history. Just only passport pages? Do we need to get overseas police check as well? Bit confusing.pls help me

Hi, 

I've lodged the application for citizenship recently, at parents details section, I've given my mother's name as in her Indian Identity document rather than as in my passport. The last name in the passport is like "Abcdef" while in the identity document it is "Abcdefghijkl". In the lodged application, I've mentioned it as "Abcdefghijkl".

Could this name discrepancy in my passport and the lodged application cause any issues while assessing the application?

On 12/03/2020 at 16:47, Parkesy said:

@millski88 You had yours yet??

On 12/03/2020 at 16:47, Parkesy said:

@millski88 You had yours yet??

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on application approval for Sydney  city.

my timeline

Citizenship application: 17 sep 2019

invitation for test - 26 feb 2020
Test Date: 04 march 2020. Passed 100% test centre Parramatta  

requested consent letter from my wife for my son included in my application  

attached requested docs - 4 march 2020
Approval: Waiting 
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Hornsby,sydney Nsw

any idea how long will take for approval,

at the interview case Officer requested consent letter from my wife for son included in my application,and i have attached consent letter on 4 march 2020 but still waiting for aproval

thanks

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on application approval for Sydney  city.

my timeline

at the interview case Officer requested consent letter from my wife for son included in my application,and i have attached consent letter on 4 march 2020 but still waiting for aproval

thanks

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on application approval for Sydney  city.

my timeline

thanks

my timeline

thanks

Happy to say I’m now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony went ahead today, albeit with Social Distancing and no photographer or friends/families allowed. No reception afterwards either.

A strange day, but understandable given the current environment. Happy to finally become an Aussie! It’s been a rocky road at times, but I finally made it!

Good luck everyone on your journeys!

Over and out! Dean

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5