AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

On 06/03/2020 at 09:36, Indianinoz said:

That is a long wait. Which council/region are you from? Have you submitted FOI or a request to any MP to check/expedite?

I have made a F.O.I request online on 9/3/20 . No response yet . 

I have called them several times but they said the application is still inder timelines.  So wait 

7 hours ago, jameslfc said:

Scroll down to "Time and Location" here, it says that overseas tests can be arranged:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/learn-about-citizenship-interview-and-test

I'm guessing you didn't update your application to give them your overseas address, at the bottom of your email there should be a paragraph titled Update Us, I would start by following that and updating your details. They will possibly get in contact with you after doing that. 

Hi there James, thanks so much for your reply.

Actually, I did update my online application on the 3rd of December with my new address but I never heard anything about it. I am guessing I might need to call them as I can't find anywhere online or an email where I could request this change of interview and test location.

Is there a number or email that you know of that I could use to reach them?

Thanks

An update for Darwin/NT applicants.

Just over 4 months to get invitation for citizenship test.

1. Date applied: 5th Nov 2019
  2. City/Council area: Darwin/NT
  3. Online
  4. Date received Citizenship test appointment email-10th March 2020
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 25th March 2020

On 05/03/2020 at 18:00, Jesh84 said:

Anyone applied in Nov 2019 in Sydney received the invite?

hey, I applied early Nov and just got my test invite the other day.

Citizenship application: 6th Nov 2019
Test Invitation: 6th March 2020
Test Date: 29th May 2020
Approval: TBA
Ceremony: TBA
Council: Sydney NSW

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Just sharing with you all our timeline:

* Eligible to Apply for Citizenship – 22 Nov 2019

* City/Council area – Canberra, ACT

1.       Date applied (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

2.       Acknowledgement received (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

3.       Invitation to attend Citizenship Interview/Test – 20 Jan 2020 (for 23 Mar 2020)

4.       Citizenship Interview/Test – 30 Jan 2020 (rescheduled date)

5.       Approval Date (Online) – 03 Mar 2020

6.       Invitation to attend Ceremony – TBA

7.       Ceremony – TBA

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on ceremony invitations for Brisbane city.  I got to know the next ceremony is scheduled for 27th April from a mate.  Maybe fair to expect invites by 1st of April 🙏

Citizenship application: July 2019
Test Date: 6th Jan 2020
Approval: 11th Jan 2020
Council: Brisbane City 

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on application approval for Sydney  city.

my timeline

Citizenship application: 17 sep 2019

invitation for test - 26 feb 2020
Test Date: 04 march 2020. Passed 100% test centre Parramatta  
Approval: Waiting 
Council: Hornsby,sydney Nsw

pls advise

thanks

3 hours ago, Aquarian_86 said:

Hi , am new to this forum. Looking for updates on ceremony invitations for Brisbane city.  I got to know the next ceremony is scheduled for 27th April from a mate.  Maybe fair to expect invites by 1st of April 🙏

You may wish to call the council and check if your name is on the list for the upcoming ceremony. May I know when did you receive your email for the Test invite.

20 hours ago, goldenantlers said:

hey, I applied early Nov and just got my test invite the other day.

Citizenship application: 6th Nov 2019
Test Invitation: 6th March 2020
Test Date: 29th May 2020
Approval: TBA
Council: Sydney NSW

Thanks. I have applied 17th Nov with Sydney as test center, but haven't received any communication. My friends applied 17th and after given parramatta test centers are getting the invite.

12 hours ago, Kris9 said:

You may wish to call the council and check if your name is on the list for the upcoming ceremony. May I know when did you receive your email for the Test invite.

Thanks, I gave them a call but they don't have the list yet. I got my invite for test on 31st  October 2019. Wondering typically how many invites do they send out per ceremony and  the current queue for Brisbane. My friend got his application approved in mid December and is still  waiting for the ceremony 

Invitation for Test: 31st October

2 hours ago, Jesh84 said:

Thanks. I have applied 17th Nov with Sydney as test center, but haven't received any communication. My friends applied 17th and after given parramatta test centers are getting the invite.

hmm yeah i'm Sydney CBD too so hopefully you'll be getting a test invite any day now.

19 hours ago, mau88 said:

Hello everyone. Just sharing with you all our timeline:

* Eligible to Apply for Citizenship – 22 Nov 2019

* City/Council area – Canberra, ACT

1.       Date applied (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

2.       Acknowledgement received (Online) – 26 Nov 2019

3.       Invitation to attend Citizenship Interview/Test – 20 Jan 2020 (for 23 Mar 2020)

4.       Citizenship Interview/Test – 30 Jan 2020 (rescheduled date)

5.       Approval Date (Online) – 03 Mar 2020

6.       Invitation to attend Ceremony – TBA

7.       Ceremony – TBA

Hi I'm also going to apply this month via online from Canberra. Can you help out with the online process.

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

Hi I'm also going to apply this month via online from Canberra. Can you help out with the online process.

I would say it is a pretty straightforward process. In an Immi account, we created 2 sets of application (for myself and for my partner). My child’s application was attached with mine. In our application we provided/uploaded the following documents:

MYSELF:

Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, driver licence, current passport biopage and photograph (endorsed).

(CHILD) Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, current passport biopage and photograph (endorsed).

PARTNER:

Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, proof of age card, passport biopage and photograph (endorsed) and marriage certificate.

15 minutes ago, mau88 said:

I would say it is a pretty straightforward process. In an Immi account, we created 2 sets of application (for myself and for my partner). My child’s application was attached with mine. In our application we provided/uploaded the following documents:

MYSELF:

Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, driver licence, current passport biopage and photograph (endorsed).

(CHILD) Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, current passport biopage and photograph (endorsed).

PARTNER:

Evidences of arrival in Australia (old passport with entry stamp), Form 1195, birth certificate, proof of age card, passport biopage and photograph (endorsed) and marriage certificate.

Thanks for this! I'm collecting docs these days. If I need  your help in some point I'll let you know.

Hey guys,

I have just received an email from DHA with my FOI Request and they have attached three documents but none of them seems to be explaining why my application is taking so long.

There is a screen shot of my application on their end and also a document with a lot of information that I have no idea what it means.

Has anyone ever requested FOI here? What sort of information did you receive back from them?

Hey guys,
I have just received an email from DHA with my FOI Request and they have attached three documents but none of them seems to be explaining why my application is taking so long.
There is a screen shot of my application on their end and also a document with a lot of information that I have no idea what it means.

Has anyone ever requested FOI here? What sort of information did you receive back from them?

An FOI will likely tell you what is contained in your records, so you can see what had been done potentially. But they wouldn’t tell you why it is taking so long unless your Case Officer had written that in your records- and why would they?!
A lot of people on here comment about FOI’s but really they mean very little. It certainly doesn’t mean it gives your Case Officer a nudge to resume their review of your application.
  • Like 1

Has anyone had their citizenship ceremony cancelled recently due to COVID? Seems that public events are being cancelled all over. 

i am having my ceremony on 19/03 and luckily I haven’t heard anything so far. Just worry that they might cancel it 

Citizenship application : No news what should I do?

Hi PIO people,

What a great site! So much of info. We just joined PIO and have been reading through the posts. 
We applied for citizenship by conferral in Apr 2019 and we haven’t heard anything at all except for the initial acknowledgment letter. I see applications from Dec 2019 getting processed and receiving their test invites. We meet all the criteria but can’t understand why it’s taking so long while applications lodged later are moving along faster. 
What should I do? It’s been 11 months already. 
Thanks in advance to all you helpful PIO people!

14 hours ago, GUS said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for getting back to the forum. The result seems discouraging unfortunately. It seems now wait is the only answer for you. If your application crosses 12 months or 15 months, you may try contacting a MP in Canberra who deals with delayed applications. I don't know the definition of delayed. It could well be 21 months from application from approval.

Hello everyone, thank you for the helpful discussions in the forum.

I have applied for Citizenship in May 2019.

Immigration requested form 1399 and sat my test in February 2020 even though I have never served in military.

I am surprised that most of you have been approved after the test in a couple of hours on the same day.

I am still waiting for my application's approval to come through.

Isn't the background check done when I was granted my PR? 

Regards,

12 hours ago, Dreaming_when said:

Citizenship application : No news what should I do?

Hi PIO people,

What a great site! So much of info. We just joined PIO and have been reading through the posts. 
We applied for citizenship by conferral in Apr 2019 and we haven’t heard anything at all except for the initial acknowledgment letter. I see applications from Dec 2019 getting processed and receiving their test invites. We meet all the criteria but can’t understand why it’s taking so long while applications lodged later are moving along faster. 
What should I do? It’s been 11 months already. 
Thanks in advance to all you helpful PIO people!

Joining PIO must be my lucky charm! Joined and submitted my 1st post on PIO yesterday and today I got my citizenship appointment interview! Way to go PIO!! The force is strong with PIO! 🙂

now to prepare for the test!!!

On 10/03/2020 at 17:56, Aquarian_86 said:

I had sent an email to Brisbane city council for ceremony dates and they sent the below email-

"Brisbane City Council facilitates citizenship ceremonies at City Hall and can only assist with queries regarding the ceremony or ceremony order of events. Upcoming ceremony dates at City Hall for 2020 are 2 March, 27 April, 28 May, 13 July, 10 August, 2 September and 29 October (to be confirmed). New citizens will be sent a letter of invitation to citizenship ceremonies by the Lord Mayor approximately four weeks prior to the event."

• Thanks 1