AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Become Australian today 04/03/2020. Aussie Aussie oi oi. Thank you all of you. It was a great journey for me through immigration system. It was all about ups and downs but this group guided me in the right way to walk down to my destination. It’s all done for me and become proud australian which i always wanted to be and everyone in this group was really helpful and real mate. Thanks everyone once again, i am kazbaker signing off.

Good luck everyone ! God bless you guys !

Edited by KazBaker
  • Congratulations 6

6 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Become Australian today 04/03/2020. Aussie Aussie oi oi. Thank you all of you. It was a great journey for me through immigration system. It was all about ups and downs but this group guided me in the right way to walk down to my destination. It’s all done for me and become proud australian which i always wanted to be and everyone in this group was really helpful and real mate. Thanks everyone once again, i am kazbaker signing off.

Congratulations 🎂🍰🧁

14 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Very quick turnaround! congrats/

Hello! I'm really struggling to get someone to sign my 1195 form. My dentist is on PR so can't sign. I'm thankfully healthy, so no steady GP who's willing to sign it. I asked my Bank Manager, who wasn't comfortable signing as we've never met in person (despite being with them for 4 years 🙄) and we don't have kids in school. It's such a small thing, but is really tripping me up! I asked a JP, but they weren't comfortable as they don't know me 1 year.

My last option is that our friend is a registered Midwife working in NSW who would sign it. My only question is that it lists 19. Medical Practitioner and 27. Nurse - a Midwife is not technically a nurse... it's a bit of an industry anomaly - I wouldn't have known that it was a difference before speaking to my friend. I've asked the Department helpline who just said to 'use my own judgement at my own risk' - very helpful!

Anyone have any insight or opinion? 

22 minutes ago, RoEire said:

Hello! I'm really struggling to get someone to sign my 1195 form. My dentist is on PR so can't sign. I'm thankfully healthy, so no steady GP who's willing to sign it. I asked my Bank Manager, who wasn't comfortable signing as we've never met in person (despite being with them for 4 years 🙄) and we don't have kids in school. It's such a small thing, but is really tripping me up! I asked a JP, but they weren't comfortable as they don't know me 1 year.

My last option is that our friend is a registered Midwife working in NSW who would sign it. My only question is that it lists 19. Medical Practitioner and 27. Nurse - a Midwife is not technically a nurse... it's a bit of an industry anomaly - I wouldn't have known that it was a difference before speaking to my friend. I've asked the Department helpline who just said to 'use my own judgement at my own risk' - very helpful!

Anyone have any insight or opinion? 

This stuff can be difficult. Would your bank manager be willing to meet you in person and sign the form? Would only take 10 min of their day. 

I think medical practitioner can be your midwife friend but I suppose it's a bit of a risk, depending on how strictly the role titles are governed.

Are there any legal or finance people in your workplace who might qualify?

Hi guys,

passed my test today. Here’s my timeline

Applied Citizenship  14/10/2019

Invitation                    28.02.2020

Test Date                    05.03.2020

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

2 hours ago, DrNi said:

Hi guys,

passed my test today. Here’s my timeline

Applied Citizenship  14/10/2019

Invitation                    28.02.2020

Test Date                    05.03.2020

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

Update: it’s approved!!

• Thanks 1

On 03/03/2020 at 09:37, GUS said:

Hey mate.... Im also on the Sunny Coast.

Me and my partner applied in April/2019 and we haven't received anything yet. =(

Hi guys

I have lodged citizenship applications on 25/10/2028 . 

Status showing: received 

No update at all . 

Still waiting.......

Anyone waiting since 2018 ? 

3 hours ago, pavy said:

Hi guys

I have lodged citizenship applications on 25/10/2028 . 

Status showing: received 

No update at all . 

Still waiting.......

Anyone waiting since 2018 ? 

That is a long wait. Which council/region are you from? Have you submitted FOI or a request to any MP to check/expedite?

20 hours ago, Kris9 said:

VIC has picked up Feb '20 applications for the Test Invites. One guy (Applied 9th Feb) has just updated in Immi Tracker. I guess they pick the applications State Wise. 

100% citizenship applications are state-based processing. You have only one designated test centre per application based on the applicants location, so naturally queues are based on each location.

1. Date applied: 12nd September of September 2020
  2. City/Council area: Parramatta Office
  3. Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 13th of May 2020
  6. Date of ceremony:
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

I received an email with a date and location for my interview and citizenship test.

I am currently living and studying overseas for the next year. Anyone know if it will be possible for me to request the interview and test at an embassy in another country? If so, how do I go about this? Is there an email or a phone number I can call?

Thanks in advance,

Hi experts,

I have two queries:

1) How long does it take go get a letter via post once application status is approved on immi account?

2) Anyone from Manningham City Council? and what is the time frame, when I check https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/ceremony_backlog nothing comes up in Manningham, does it mean there is no waiting period in this Council? Moreover https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/australian-citizenship have ceremonies almost every two weeks.

Appreciate your valuable comments

Below is my Timeline

Applied Citizenship         10.11.2019

Invitation                           30.01.2020

Test Date                          03.03.2020

Approval                          Approved

Council                            Manningham City VIC

Ceremony                      Awaiting

Cheers!!!

Ravi 

18 hours ago, Andrecmartins said:
  1. Date applied: 12nd September of September 2020
  2. City/Council area: Parramatta Office
  3. Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 13th of May 2020
  6. Date of ceremony:
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

I received an email with a date and location for my interview and citizenship test.

I am currently living and studying overseas for the next year. Anyone know if it will be possible for me to request the interview and test at an embassy in another country? If so, how do I go about this? Is there an email or a phone number I can call?

Thanks in advance,

Scroll down to "Time and Location" here, it says that overseas tests can be arranged:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/learn-about-citizenship-interview-and-test

I'm guessing you didn't update your application to give them your overseas address, at the bottom of your email there should be a paragraph titled Update Us, I would start by following that and updating your details. They will possibly get in contact with you after doing that.